• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

AkRiD

Allen Oxlade (6)
I love your avatar akrid. Awesome movie and that is a hilarious bit.
Ohh yes. I came across it not too long ago, whilst googling for some uni matrerial (marketing assignment if I'm not mistakin, can't remember what exactly). It was an absolute rippah so I just had to keep it.

Your av is an absolute classic, and speaking of, brings to mind Brucies new post on French rugby ('The Spirit of French Rugby'), the grit and brawl. Reckon the game still needs some of it. Although it may a bit league`esque (to be French n all) the sport needs a bit of this hard stuff to keep it honest.

Anyways, the movie is actually helarious and deserved some representation (for all it's worth) on this forum.

On a rugby note, Payne was a solid choice. As of now, on 108 points (as captain), may be a good week after all (hoping that Kaino and Mealamu have better revised scores).

Cheers anyways Ash.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Had Payne and ranger but picked ice as caption and it looks like Its going too be his worst week all year. Typical

Go the force!!!!

Reactions: Ash

AkRiD

Allen Oxlade (6)
ice just KILLED me.

but jeez how good has payne been this year, especially with his price value. it's still hard for me to convince myself it's true.

For once it wasn't me being killed by players deciding to have a slow one!

Payne has been pretty good, best 13 going round right now in Super Rugby.
He may get a run for the AB's, perhaps?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
To all those who doubt the power of my touch of death, behold toeava's score the week I bring him into my team

I brought him in and made him captain too, which was the double kiss of death. Togethether we could make Thompson score negative!

I brought him in to replace Slade - out for the season. My latent voodoo skills are absolutely awesome.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think that Payne is off to the NH next year, so it is unlikely that he will make the NZ squad when they have plenty of other 13 and 15 options.

Chalk me up as another who brought in Ice as captain his week to replace Slade. I also had Ice, Ranger and Payne.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
ice just KILLED me.

but jeez how good has payne been this year, especially with his price value. it's still hard for me to convince myself it's true.

I had him for round 6 & 7. Sold him in the bye week. An absolute turkey - no consistency.

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
Having a pretty good round so far - 272 points, up 18 spots to 67! Although once the round closes I have a feeling I'll be back where I started.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Awful week for me too despite having Ranger and Payne.

Ice as captain, Schmoo's injury (devastating to the Tahs, Wobs, and my Fantasy team in roughly that order), Bieber's yellow, Olivier being fairly crap and my dumping of Saffy the week he earns plenty all sucks dogs balls. Plus I forgot to sub Bismark for Chiliboy but hopefully the auto sub thing will fix that for me.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Low scoring week this week, I moved up in the rankings after only scoring ~350. Some other people must have had a real turkey. The high scorers seemed to be not the usual suspects.

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
Sitting on 320 at the moment, a bit suprising for me. 2nd week in a row that Mackintosh has scored low. Brought in Mealamu for this week, shouldn't have bothered and left Ged in. Toeava as captain hurt, bringing Ellis in hurt and Fruean could well be traded out this week. Moved up 13 places this week into 87, so I'm just starting my run for the big finish.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
361 here, with over 30 to be hopefully subbed in from Chilliboy after Bismarck didn't play and I left him in. I expect it to go down about 10 points after revisions though. Not too bad, I was saved by Franco vdM and some semi-decent scores from my loosies. I think my forwards actually outscored my backs this week.

Edit: and a pox on the Bulls for subbing Chilliboy after 49 minutes. He was playing well and deserved to be on for longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.