• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Adriaan Strauss of the Cheetahs is listed as a prop in Fantasy comp when he is playing hooker this weekend, same as the weekend before when he had the bye, so if you have a spare transfer and dosh, replace a prop with him as hookers tend to get more points than props as most of you would doubtlessly know...

Well spotted, Nusadan. Too late for this week but next week looks good.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Bleh, had to use my wildcard and I created a new team. Which I am now, funnily enough, not too happy with. Chopped and changed my outside backs a lot. I was sorely tempted to bring in Lambie, but left him out in the end. If he was an inside back then I definitely would've had him in there, as he's great value for money - but I somehow have $119k left over anyway. The one I agonised over was dumping Alberts to bring in a much much cheaper Lam. I also agonised over whether to keep Beale or Bieber. I may still bring in Beale as I reckon he could score big vs the Rebs, but his injury could has me worried. Finally, I don't know whether to keep put Payne or Poki on the bench.

Anyways, here's my new team as it currently stands:

Adriaan Strauss, Big Mac, (JC JvR)
Kev, (Ged Robinson) (plan is to bring Battleship back in for Kev, as both Ged and Kev share a bye)
Sykes, Al Campbell, (Franco vdM)
Thomson, Messam, Lam, (Whiteley)
Pretorius, (Phipps)
Bieber (maybe Gilber), Gits, Ice, (Siale Piutau)
SBW (c), Dagg, Payne, (Poki)

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Look to trade Andries Bekker or Mark Chisolm for Sykes. Both of those guys have had both their byes already and are probably 2 of the top 5 locks with Sharpe, Franco and Al Campbell.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I ended up keeping a non-playing prop (JcVR) and instead traded out Vito and brought in Burger. My logic was there aren't many good props around 80k (which is what I had to spend) so whoever I brought in would only score around 8 points. I reckon Burger will score big this week, meaning although I will lose ten points not having a prop, I could make 20-30 with a standout backrower. My side:

JcVR, Nel (May)
Mealamu (Chiliboy)
Sharpe, Campbell (Sykes)
Thomson (c), Burger, Saffy (Beau)
Burgess (Phipps)
Beale, JOC (James O'Connor), Giteau (Ice)
SBW, Payne, Poki (Dagg)

Reactions: Ash

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
have made my changes finally

strauss, kepu (JCvR)
mealamu (chiliboy)
pyle, sharpe (FvdMerwe)
thomson, messam, vito (todd)
pretorius (phipps)
cooper, toeava, gits (murray)
sbw, poki, dagg (harris)

after 2 shitty weeks i feel like i have no clue about how this week could go. fingers crossed for a recovery.

very tempted by jack lam and payne but didn't make those moves in the end.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Look to trade Andries Bekker or Mark Chisolm for Sykes. Both of those guys have had both their byes already and are probably 2 of the top 5 locks with Sharpe, Franco and Al Campbell.

Unfortunately Sykes is where my cash runs outs. I need to hold onto my last ~$100k for emergencies / my plan to sub Mealamu for Battleship. I could buy a better lock for Sykes if I dump Dagg for Lambie, but am loathe to run the risk with Lambie. Alternatively I could dump, Adriaan Strauss for WP Nel, which would give me enough to buy Chisholm, Sharpe or Boric, but leave me just short of Bekker, who would be my pick. Lions, Cheetahs, 'Saders, Brumbies and Stormers will be gold in the next four weeks.

Baabaa; interesting that you have the same set of outside backs as me, and have elected to bench Dagg instead of Poki. I reckon Poki will be well contained by the 'Saders, which is why I left him on the bench.

I also had the same problem initially, with Woodcock being out. Was going to go with a non-playing prop as well. But in the end I just bit the bullet and used my wildcard, as I had Battleship and Chilliboy benched and couldn't bring in Mealamu as I already had too many Blues, plus I couldn't get rid of under performers like Olivier like I wanted to.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Hmmm, didn't even think of Cooper. With the weakened Canes and then Rebels, he could be a great buy for a few weeks.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Baabaa; interesting that you have the same set of outside backs as me, and have elected to bench Dagg instead of Poki. I reckon Poki will be well contained by the 'Saders, which is why I left him on the bench.

Poki is playing the Blues, and it was a very close toss-up between him and Dagg. Dagg has been OK of late but not outstanding, while Poki just seems to rack up the points every week. I think Poki just has a knack of beating the first tackle every time.

I am tipping a tight one in both games, so the opposition is largely irrelevant. Historically Poki scores better than Dagg.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Big Mac, Oosthuizen, [JcJvR]
Keven, [Chillyboy]
Kev, Sharpe, [Steenkamp]
Alberts, Vito, Todd, [Robinson]
Burgess [Eaton]
Beale, Giteau (c), Toeava, [Murray]
Payne, SBW, Dagg, [Poki]

Surely it can't be as bad as last week's 255. Big Mac, Todd, Murray, Mitchell and especially the late withdrawl of Siviatu killed me.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Might be wrong here, think Big Mac's early season form is sliding...(at least points wise...), other props like Kepu are stepping up now, that's why I benched Mac last week and replaced him this week with Strauss...

Props can't be match winners each week, that's my theory.

JimboJoe1006

Chris McKivat (8)
Like so many of us, I have Kev, Ice and Payne. With the Blues' bye next week, I think it would be wise to only have 2 of them going into next week! No idea which two though!?

Ham

Sydney Middleton (9)
Okay I've just played my wildcard. Changes mainly consist of bringing back guys I subbed off when injured.I've come up with:-

Kepu, Robinson (Palmer)
Mealamu (Chilliboy)
Van der Mere, Bekker (Jack)
Brussow, Thompson, McCaw (Saffy)
Pretorius (Stannard)
Cooper, O'Connor, Grant (Coleman)
Lambie, SBW, Poki (Harris)

Ham

Sydney Middleton (9)
Pretorius to captain this week. I have faith in the Brumbies continued underperformance.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Franco VdM is on a bye; you might want to swap him with your bench player Jack - not that it matters, as he'll be auto-subbed anyway.

Reactions: Ham

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Bit of an arm wrestle in this Blues Highlanders match at present, loads of penalties too...think it will be low scoring Fantasy team wise....

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
D'oh. The call on Big Mac loosing form Fantasy-wise seems to have been on the money as well. May have missed an opportunity to switch him for WP Nel.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Looks like I have made my first incorrect call after using my wildcard, with multiple players already having failed so far: Ice, Payne, Big Mac, plus I left Poki on the bench.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I'm backing gits too have a blinder in a high scoring game.

Not good so far. 6 players with 37 points blues highlanders almost over.

Go the force!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.