• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Toeava gone for 6-8.

Can I just have ONE WEEK with no injuries or suspensions or other spanners in my works?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Better question is, who to bring in for Ice? I reckon it'll be Doppies this weekend for me, but longer term I have no clue. Maybe Carter (the one with a pass and a kick and a step and the ability to find a gap) when he can finally last a full 80.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Toeava gone for 6-8.

Can I just have ONE WEEK with no injuries or suspensions or other spanners in my works?

In what must be a first for me I dumped Ice earlier in the week before this was known (by me at least). That means I have missed his value plummetting because I sold early. Luck like this just does not happen to me. Now if the Saders backline will just go through the Stormers like a dose of salts and score big I will be well on the way to a good week.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
In what must be a first for me I dumped Ice earlier in the week before this was known (by me at least). That means I have missed his value plummetting because I sold early. Luck like this just does not happen to me. Now if the Saders backline will just go through the Stormers like a dose of salts and score big I will be well on the way to a good week.

His value actually went up from 432k to 433k this week in his player's history (as of Tuesday)...go figure...he's been shite past two weeks!

(Edit: I take that back now....just saw in another page it's now 429k...thanks for the leg up))

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)
Who's still left in the Fantasy Cup thingy? Just managed to scrape through last week with my shitty score and am playing a fellow Reds supporter this week.

As usual, farked if I know what I will do for transfers this week but I will probably go back to my own advice and stick with SBW as captain (although that having been said probably means QC (Quade Cooper) will have a blinder this week against the Rebs!)

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
Toeava gone for 6-8.

good. i was looking for a firm reason to dump his ass anyways. doppies it is, i reckon. JOC (James O'Connor) may also be a decent option with the force playing better.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Bloody hell, I hate John Mitchell. Franco van der Merwe rested (?) / rotated / dropped again onto the bench.

I now have 4 (!!!!!!!!) Lions players in my fantasy team with the addition of Doppies (although this will be short lived as I'll trade out Doppies next week). Un-fucking-believable.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Payne moved to fullback for the Blues as well. At outside centre I thought that Payne would get another big score vs the Canes, but being at fullback I'm not so sure. I am stuck with who to choose to bench out of my outside backs: SBW, Dagg, Payne, or Poki? (OK, not SBW...).

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah I have been pondering this one Ash. It has to be between Dagg and Payne. The Stormers defence is tight as a chook's arse, and you can't see Dagg breaking the line too many times. But they do kick a lot, so he may get a few counter opportunities.

Not sure how Payne will go at FB, especially now that Ranger is at OC and isn't much of a fan of passing. It's a tricky one.

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)
Got a similar problem. Currently have Payne, Ranger, Poki and SBW. For me, it's a call between Payne and Ranger for the bench. Tough one indeed.

AkRiD

Allen Oxlade (6)
For me, it's a call between Payne and Ranger for the bench. Tough one indeed.

Personally, I'd probably go Payne to the bench and keep Ranger. It's a hard call though.

Anyways I've made my changes for the week. Bekker in for Matfield, Sarel in for Fourie du Preez and made a tough call to bring in Doppies for Beale. Could be a call if the Lions v Cheetahs game is to be as open as I expect it to be, it also free's up a transfer for next week (Force, Sharks and Tahs bye).

Here's the team....

Mackintosh, Strauss
Mealamu
Bekker, Sykes
Higger, Messam, kaino
Sarel (despite the rugbysmartarse curse. If he brought him in?)
JOC (James O'Connor), Doppies, Quade
Payne, SBW, Poki

Only trouble now is Captain, not sure if I should go with Cooper, Doppies or JOC (James O'Connor), maybe Messam. Probably stick with Cooper (despite his disappointing performance last week)

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)
Personally, I'd probably go Payne to the bench and keep Ranger. It's a hard call though.

Hmm ... am now thinking I might fire Ranger and replace him with young Lambie and put Payne on the bench. Decisions decisions!

Only trouble now is Captain, not sure if I should go with Cooper, Doppies or JOC (James O'Connor), maybe Messam. Probably stick with Cooper (despite his disappointing performance last week)

Yup - same problem here as I have mentioned before. If I stick with QC (Quade Cooper), he is sure to go crap like he did last week, however switching back to the relative safety of SBW will ensure Cooper has a cracker :)

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
I have gotten rid of Ice, brought in JOC (James O'Connor). 2 trades left with $256, I'm not sure whether to upgrade my locks, backrow or outside backs. I'll have to bring in at least 1 new backrower i reckon.My team at the moment:

Kepu, JC JvR [Big Mac]
Mealamu [Ged]
Sharpe, Sykes [Steenkamp]
Whiteley, Thomson, Vito [Lam]
Sarel [Phipps]
JOC (James O'Connor), Beale, Qwade [Gits]
SBW, Payne, Poki [Harris]

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Kepu, Oosthuizen
Mealamu
Sharpe, Chisholm
Messam, Thomson, Lee
Pretorius
JOC (James O'Connor), Beale, Giteau
Ranger, Poki, SBW

Who to make captain? I've got a feeling that Ranger will carve up against a very weak 'Canes midfield, but he's just so completely hot and cold that I can hardly bring myself to do it.

AkRiD

Allen Oxlade (6)
I have gotten rid of Ice, brought in JOC (James O'Connor). 2 trades left with $256, I'm not sure whether to upgrade my locks, backrow or outside backs. I'll have to bring in at least 1 new backrower i reckon.

Locks and outside backs look fairly solid. I'd look to add Messam to the backrow.

With the outside backs, I don't think there's too much going round. You could always add a Dagg, Maitland or even Lambie. But I don't think there is any real need to change it at the moment.

AkRiD

Allen Oxlade (6)
Who to make captain? I've got a feeling that Ranger will carve up against a very weak 'Canes midfield, but he's just so completely hot and cold that I can hardly bring myself to do it.

A dilema many, including me are facing. I reckon it's worth the risk (to look quite the genious/idiot).
Was thinking of adding Ranger to my squad, but he is expensive and I had to make some strategic transfers, so he wasn't an option.

I'm tipping Quade to turn it on this week against the Rebs.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I think I will AkRid, taking some risks is really the only way I'm going to be able to move up at all. As for Quade, I reckon he'll put in a huge one.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Notice that the teams here are being homogeneous more and more as weeks pass, the only difference is who to pick as the captain...

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Tried to put in 1 or 2 different players this week. Yet my team still looks like everyone elses. I've been stuck in the 80th - 100th range the last 4 weeks and I'm never leaving it :lmao:

With the next 3 weeks being 3 team bye weeks I've tried to limit the amount of players on byes on seperate weeks. Next week will trade Beale, sub Sharpe for Campbell and then use the other 3 trades to get rid of Highlanders, Hurricanes and Reds players.

My captain is still undecided as of this stage.

MacKintosh, Alexander
Mealamu
Chisolm, Sharpe
Thomson, Vito, Whitely
Pretorius
Cooper, La Grange, Beale
SBW, Poki, Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.