• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
Team finalised. I'm taking a chance and hoping Qwade bounces back with a big game this week.

JC JvR, Kepu [Mackintosh]
Mealamu [Ged]
Sharpe, Elstadt [Sykes]
Whiteley, Thomson, Alberts [Lam]
Sarel [Phipps]
JOC (James O'Connor), Qwade (C), Beale [Gits]
Poki, SBW, Payne [Harris]

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
MacKintosh, Kepu (Crockett)
BDP (Chilliboy)
Sharpe, Chisolm (Botha)
Thomson, Todd, Delve
Genia, Phipps
Giteau, Cooper(c), O'Connor (Murray)
Poki, SBW, Payne (Harris)

I didnt realize Todd was not starting and Saffy was injured so I am losing potential points there

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Interesting fact for guys with Cooper as captain.

When the Reds beat the Rebels 53 - 3 Cooper only scored 32 fantasy points.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Ioane (inside back) or Morahan (outside back) could be another bet if you think the Reds will tear up the Rebs out wide.

Ioane is quite expensive at $447k, but still is about $60k cheaper than Cooper!

Morahan is only $171k, but I'd tend to think you might be better shelling out the $250k-odd for Lambie, who is a better long term point scoring bet I think. My issue not with Morahan's involvements, which can be quite special, but his number of involvements, which are quite low. Players with a low number of involvements in the game are a real Fantasy rugby lottery.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
here's the team this week

strauss, kepu [jcjvr]
mealamu [chiliboy]
sharpe, kimlin [pyle]
thomson, whiteley, messam [todd]
sarel [phipps]
cooper, doppies, gits [murray]
poki, sbw, dagg [harris]

got a few lions on the bench even though they're playing the cheetahs (aka missed tackle champs). thinking i'll leave them there over the starters though. cooper will be my only reds player getting points and i'm sure i'll miss someone scoring 2 tries or something since the rebs have been toilet lately. oh well. we shall see...

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
Interesting fact for guys with Cooper as captain.

When the Reds beat the Rebels 53 - 3 Cooper only scored 32 fantasy points.

went back and saw this as well. good night with the boot and even tackling stats, but didn't break many tackles. 3 linebreak creates but no try assists. almost seems like bad luck.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
went back and saw this as well. good night with the boot and even tackling stats, but didn't break many tackles. 3 linebreak creates but no try assists. almost seems like bad luck.

Just looked again and he was taken off after 68 minutes. Anyone know what the score would have been at that stage?

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I think I might stick with SBW as captain even against a very good defence

His base stats per game are

9.6 runs
4.1 busts
4.5 offloads
8.2 tackles

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think I might stick with SBW as captain even against a very good defence

His base stats per game are

9.6 runs
4.1 busts
4.5 offloads
8.2 tackles

Think he will find it hard against Stormers like he did against the Clan, and it's an away game too...and with Carter still out, I have benched him this week.

My outside backs are now Guildford, Poki and Muliaina. Been scoring well with Mulis and Kahui past couple weeks since their injury comebacks.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Bit of ambivalence settled my team in the end. Had two transfers left, but couldn't be bothered to chop and change.

JC JvR, Strauss, (Big Mac)
Kev, (Ged)
Sykes, Campbell, (Franco vdM)
Whiteley, Thomson, Messam, (Lam)
Sarel, (Phipps)
Gilbert, Gits, Doppies (c), (Siale Piutau)
SBW, Payne, Poki, (Dagg)

Few risks / probably silly moves:
- leaving Gits, who I don't think will score too big vs the Sharks.
- bringing in Doppies as captain, in the hope he'll score plenty vs non-tackling Cheetahs
- benching the stellar Dagg over Payne and Poki
- leaving the underperforming Sykes

You know, I bet the Lions v Cheetahs will turn into a dour arm wrestle with no points scored.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Think he will find it hard against Stormers like he did against the Clan, and it's an away game too...and with Carter still out, I have benched him this week.

My outside backs are now Guildford, Poki and Muliaina. Been scoring well with Mulis and Kahui past couple weeks since their injury comebacks.

Benching SBW is a interesting decision.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Finally name Sarel as my captain and even in a high scoring game he doesn't score any tries.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Pretty happy with my decision to bench Payne. Although now I reckon Dagg will come out and score -15 a la Stephen Brett.

Doppies as captain was a good call Ash, was so close to doing it myself but chickened out in favour of SBW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom