• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR: Player of the RWC 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
I started browsing through the old man of the match threads and I think that maybe we could do one thread for the best player of the whole tournament. I'll be watching most games so I'll be voting a lot, but for any games you've watched feel free to vote. Just put the game you're voting on and then write your 3-2-1.
This will of course act in conjunction with the Wallabies MOTM threads. They're eligible for this award as well, but need separate threads for the G&GR Wallabies Player of the Year (as I'm sure most of you are well aware).

I'll start off:
NZ vs. Tonga
3. Kahui
2. Dagg
1. Kaino

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
3. Kahui
2. Dagg
1. SBW- he did enough good touches to create several tries to cover couple of silly mistakes.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Nice work Swarley volunteering to do this. Its going to be a hell of a lot of work, but will be interesting come the end of the tournement. I'll keep down the Wallaby MOM but there's no way I'd have the time to do this one. Will vote after I catch the replay tomorrow.

J

Jumpers

Great start by the all conquering ABs in their match with Tonga last night and the ABs played fantastic rugby! The Super-speed backline played amazing well with Kahui, Dagg and SBW the major threats to any team in the WC! The ABs proved again they are by far the Best team on the planet and nothing comes close including the Wannabes! The flick passes and outstanding skills showed the ABs have plenty in abundance and as to the player of the WC? Isreal Dagg-the one guy that strikes fear into any team on the paddock. His work rate, defense and especially attacking skills were absolutely terrific! Mr Henry is on track to prove his critics wrong and so far has selected teams for courses! Well done Graham! Go the ABs!!!

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Jumpers, I love it. So very close to being credible. Wind up of the year. :salute

P.S. You are bazzamacca, aren't you?

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
NZ vs. Tonga- Kahui, Kaino, Dagg
Aus vs. Italy- Pocock, Ioane, Alexander (unconfirmed, but currently as stated)

If anyone would like to vote on the following games:
FRA vs. JAP
SCO vs. ROM
ENG vs. ARG
IRE vs. USA
FIJ vs. NAM

that would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
FRA v JAP - Parra (FRA), JAP #10
SCO v ROM - Tincu (ROM)
ENG v ARG - Youngs (ENG)
IRE v USA - USA #7, IRE #2
FIJ v NAM - Bai, Fiji #11.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Few votes from the first round.

NZ vs Tonga : Kahui, Toeava
Romania vs Scotland: Marius Tincu