• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Wallaby of the Year: OZ vs Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
jason said:
NTA said:
And was robbed of a try when Quade decided to go for the least appropriate pass in the history of rugby.

Almost did the same thing in one of the Italian tests - cut out three men and nearly botched a certain try. Over-fucking-playing his hand.
That's the kind of player he is. If it comes off he's a hero, if not he's a villain. At least he creates opportunity.
Split second to make a decision and he made the wrong one, shit happens...

R

rugbywhisperer

Hey - the pass came off - it was only forward.
A fairly basic mistake in such an important situation don't you think, considering that anyoneof the three players could have scored.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I tried. I tried to include Fat Cat and Cliffy. I thought of the Earl. I failed. I can't award points.

I am equally unable to name the worst three. The competition was the highest quality ever produced by TFKW.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
rugbywhisperer said:
Hey - the pass came off - it was only forward.
A fairly basic mistake in such an important situation don't you think, considering that anyoneof the three players could have scored.
I don't disagree RW, it was a basic mistake and one that QC (Quade Cooper) will probably regret, but more importantly, learn from. He's not the first person to make a bad judgement call, and won't be the last.

Can't blame him for the loss though, there were two other tries that went begging from far more experienced players, as well as some ordinary shots on goal.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
3 - Palu (hopefully not badly injured as he has now put together 3 impressive games in a row)
2 - Hynes (a winger that makes an impact even when he doesn't have the ball/space, should teach QC (Quade Cooper) how to clean out)
1 - Horwill (his best game of the year, and was everywhere around the park as well as making an impact with the ball)

Special mention to AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Alexander.

Giteau had a shocker with kicking for goal, but thought he was much better directing traffic than he has been. QC (Quade Cooper) did what we all know he can do - be up and down like a yo-yo. Elsom and Smith beat their men, and Moore was good except for the obvious inability to flop over the line with the ball in the right place). Chisholm pretty quiet I think.

S

Spook

Hynes should be doing more than being good defensively. He never threatens in attack but we have noone else better who is available.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
How many times does he get the ball in attack to threaten? He does make a few hard metres when given little space, and as far as what he does when not having the ball, I'm talking hitting rucks and getting turnovers, like the one near the end of the first half when we were attacking Scotlands line.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
3. Palu. Deadset killed 'em.
2. Burgess. We would have won it if he'd started. Knows how to kick the pace up a gear.
1. Alexander. Consistently good.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
naza said:
2. Burgess. We would have won it if he'd started. Knows how to kick the pace up a gear.

good justification for his 2 points when in reality he was the worst player on the field.

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
naza said:

You're bound to reel them in with bait like that... :lmao:

R

rugbywhisperer

Someone call the nurse for Naza - pills have worn off again

HG

Jimmy Flynn (14)
naza said:
3. Palu. Golly gosh! killed 'em.
1. Alexander. Consistently good.

3 and 1 are right.

Burgess :lmao:

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Noddy said:
naza said:

good justification for his 2 points when in reality he was the worst player on the field.

60 minutes of Genia = 3 points.
Burgess comes on and we finish the game with a try after stringing together upteen phases.
That's the Burgess Effect.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Naza; gees Burgess did well being responsible for the cleanout and ball security of those upteen phases. So that's why Genia struggled, not being able to clean out, secure ball, AND fire aimless passes to isolated men. Burgess for president!

HG

Jimmy Flynn (14)
naza said:
Noddy said:
naza said:

60 minutes of Genia = 3 points.
Burgess comes on and we finish the game with a try after stringing together upteen phases.
That's the Burgess Effect.

LMAO.
Burgess was fu.cking hopeless. His passes were wild as per usual and delivery was snail like.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Ash said:
Naza; gees Burgess did well being responsible for the cleanout and ball security of those upteen phases. So that's why Genia struggled, not being able to clean out, secure ball, AND fire aimless passes to isolated men. Burgess for president!

Finally, a concession that Genia struggled. What strikes me as a major limitation in the Wallaby attack is their inability to turn it on, ie: really amp up the pace & intensity when a try is in the offing. Genia's first 3-4 games were terrific. Lately he's making too many simple errors and hasn't shown the ability to read play and control the attacking tempo.

Is it a co-incidence the Queenslanders (HGs, Ash, Noddy) are out in force to protect one of their own ?

Scotty

David Codey (61)
The funny bit was him passing to Mitchell on the wing who was marked by about 100 scotsmen.

Naza,

No one is protecting Genia, who had a below par game, they are attacking your incredulous suggestion that Burgess played well. Don't start this Qld vs NSW bullshit again. Had enough of the chips on Biffos and Lindommers shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.