• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GAGR Wallaby POTY v Argentina (1st test)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
3 Fainga'a
2 McReight
1 Swain

HM Holloway & Valetini & QC (Quade Cooper).

Last edited:

Wilson

David Codey (61)
3 Fainga'a
2 McReight
1 Petaia

HM Valetini, Holloway, Swain, Paisami and White (please just stfu near the ref though)

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Quade Cooper.
Agree with your 3,2,1 Reg, but probably not Quade.

I think he fell into old habits of pushing pop passes where he just needed to go to ground and let the team recycle. There were to costly times, first 30 seconds and then towards the end of the first half where he was 30cm out from the line and just flung it at Slippers head.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
3. Valetini
2. Paisami
1. Fainga'a

Holloway great, would've given him a spot but a couple of pens, although one was total bullshit at the lineout.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Agree with your 3,2,1 Reg, but probably not Quade.

I think he fell into old habits of pushing pop passes where he just needed to go to ground and let the team recycle. There were to costly times, first 30 seconds and then towards the end of the first half where he was 30cm out from the line and just flung it at Slippers head.

The Ikatua's one in the first 5mins was right on his chest tho, he should have caught that and made a clean line break. Players just aren't use to playing with him yet.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
This was a tough week, lots of great choices. I'll go with:

3. FF (Folau Fainga'a)
2. Valentini
1. Swain

HM: Petaia, Paisami, White, Wright.
McReight and Holloway started slow but got better and better as game went on. Leota off the bench was destructive too.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Swain 3
Bobby V 2
McReight 1

very difficult could of swapped those players around and done a full new 3,2,1 and would of been happy with that. Well done Wallabies best game to watch for ages. Pumped for Fraser, horrible way to get a run on however thought his second half was strong.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
3. Slipper
2. Fainga'a
1. McRight

Maybe an odd choice but I thought he stood up and made good decisions as captain, was very strong in carries and defence and went well during a long playing time for a prop in a tough game like that.
HM Holloway, Cooper, Valentini and Swain. Never thought I would give points to Fainga'a but he was excellent in what was a hard-fought and great game.
Would have given 3 points to whoever said 'let's go for the bonus points'.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
3. Slipper
2. Fainga'a
1. McRight

Maybe an odd choice but I thought he stood up and made good decisions as captain, was very strong in carries and defence and went well during a long playing time for a prop in a tough game like that.
HM Holloway, Cooper, Valentini and Swain. Never thought I would give points to Fainga'a but he was excellent in what was a hard-fought and great game.
Would have given 3 points to whoever said 'let's go for the bonus points'.

Pretty sure it was Wright who said "let's go for the bonus points"

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
3. Swain
2. Fainga’a
1. Valetini

Good performances from Paisami, Ikitau, Petaia and Wright.

Status
Not open for further replies.