• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Galloping Greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Zeb did his knee at the aru academy, played 40 mins colts last year and a few trials at the start of the year. He was previously an 8 or 6.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
that will be good if he is. where would he play - who would you leave out?

8 until Samu is back from injury, but I suspect Hoiles will start in the lower grades if the rumour is true, given that he hasn't played for 2+ years.

TARANTINO

Stan Wickham (3)
Will Wade Kelly be at Penrith or at Scots v Newington game
At scots v newington today saw Kelly loitering saelling randwick im sure. scots won all looks good for new recruits next year,maybe he has to be there for a couple of games, scots probably pay more than the wiicks, go the Galloping Greens Stallions Scots im confused. GRADE WON thats what matters!!!!

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Damned if he was , damned if he was not.
He is the Wicks head coach and cannot be in two places at once. Penrith would have been a boil over if the Wicks had lost. He has the wicks playing attractive rugby through the grades and now he can interest the next generation in coming to the club.
Give him a break and let him do his thing.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Damned if he was , damned if he was not.
He is the Wicks head coach and cannot be in two places at once. Penrith would have been a boil over if the Wicks had lost. He has the wicks playing attractive rugby through the grades and now he can interest the next generation in coming to the club.
Give him a break and let him do his thing.
Well said Sid. The Penriff game was an ugly win. The Emus showed the usual toughness and aggression, we performed like a spluttering machine.
It seemed that we tried to score off ist phase play with many passes going wide to be dropped and turned over. Still, the Wicks put 3 tries on after 10 minutes and the rest was probably hard for the players to take with the right level of intensity as the win wasn't much at risk
There were mass substitutions in the second half and that was about it.
Good to see the soon departing Will Carrick-Smith land a goal in seconds.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Agree with macca. To much sideways movement of the ball, not enough respect of possession and like macca said too much trying to score from the first phase. Charlie wakim was a tryscoring machine in the 2nds with 3 of his 5 tries coming from intercepts.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
shame if he does- he wont qualify for the semis- not enough games
Think there is scope to appeal for an exemption and play. Be good even just for that experience and leadership that the wicks seem to be missing a little bit.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
At scots v newington today saw Kelly loitering saelling randwick im sure. scots won all looks good for new recruits next year,maybe he has to be there for a couple of games, scots probably pay more than the wiicks, go the Galloping Greens Stallions Scots im confused. GRADE WON thats what matters!!!!

Interesting, he was also at Penrith for the 4th grade game so must have departed soon after. The Wicks seemed to swap their coaches around yesterday with them all looking after different grades. Maybe because Wade had to leave or maybe just to change things around a bit.

Really strong effort by Penrith in 4s.
The Randwick team had lots of changes and lacked any sort of penetration or combination and Penrith almost pulled their pants down.
2s and 3s dominated and although 1st grade were never in danger of being beaten they certainly didn't have it all their own way.
It was interesting to compare the scores through the grades with Uni's scores from the previous week against Penrith -- big differences in most cases.

Important game against Norths next week without Hepetema, Horwitz and I assume Samu.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Think there is scope to appeal for an exemption and play. Be good even just for that experience and leadership that the wicks seem to be missing a little bit.

I agree Pete, he would definitely get an exemption.
I believe the qualification rule has an out for players returning from injury as long as they are registered with the club.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I see the NSWRU website is as accurate as ever!
The review of round 15 reports 3 tries to Nio (even though he didn't play) and 2 to Paia. This should be 3 tries to Patrick Hodgetts (who's dad will be very disappointed that the NSWRU has not recognised his first first grade tries) and Paia only scored 1 try, the other was a penalty try. Strange that the Shute Shield section has this correct. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand's doing at the NSWRU, aint that a surprise!

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
The Wicks have covered for Hepetema's and Horwitz's absence on the trip to Argentina with Pete Samu (back from injury) and Tim Wright (moving from the wing) in the centres. Charlie Wakim makes his 1st grade run on debut on the wing. I'm surprised Marc Koteczky didn't get a callup and Nugget's fans will be disappointed again especially since Harry Boileau picked up a very heavy head high knock last week.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
The Wicks have covered for Hepetema's and Horwitz's absence on the trip to Argentina with Pete Samu (back from injury) and Tim Wright (moving from the wing) in the centres. Charlie Wakim makes his 1st grade run on debut on the wing. I'm surprised Marc Koteczky didn't get a callup and Nugget's fans will be disappointed again especially since Harry Boileau picked up a very heavy head high knock last week.
Think probably to the dissapointment of Nugget, Its probably to late to making the change - there is an argument for but for mine not compelling enough to change such a pivotal role. I expect a bit mor of a direct approach with that side, ie alot of trucking up from samu, paila, Lam and wright. Be looking for big games from munro, asa, ingram upfront if we are to win.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Think probably to the dissapointment of Nugget, Its probably to late to making the change - there is an argument for but for mine not compelling enough to change such a pivotal role. I expect a bit mor of a direct approach with that side, ie alot of trucking up from samu, paila, Lam and wright. Be looking for big games from munro, asa, ingram upfront if we are to win.

We'll probably sneek into the playoffs (depending on other results) even if we don't win any more games (Souths away will be tough and Uni at home will probably be impossible), but a win against Norths would make us safe IMO.

George Hipwall

Allen Oxlade (6)
Good to have Samu back at centre this week given the size and speed of the Norths backs this season. He'll be good in defence with the extra body size as well as his usual potent running. Forwards should cancel each other out. Will be close but I think Randwick has been the more consistent team team with a core group of players compared to Norths

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Good to have Samu back at centre this week given the size and speed of the Norths backs this season. He'll be good in defence with the extra body size as well as his usual potent running. Forwards should cancel each other out. Will be close but I think Randwick has been the more consistent team team with a core group of players compared to Norths

Hope the track is dry !!

Status
Not open for further replies.