• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Gits :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I think heavily implying that there is an issue with players not wanting to play for the coach on Twitter constitutes having a go at someone on a public forum.

i dont want to judge the guy til we have knowledge if he is speaking for himself or the team.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
He was also pretty good at 12 outside Quade last year, was preferred over Barnes there for a while. Robbie is stubborn and plays favourites, once Giteau fell out of favour he was no chance of selection.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
i think the thing about Gits looking at his whole career was. He became a better player than he probably ever was by running off Stephen Larkham. I dont mean this as an insult, but he was made to look unbeatable when he was infact a brilliant part of a bigger machine.

it was post Larkham that it kind of hit its peak and drifted away. I think the move to the Force really stuffed him to as he was suddenly running a team that wasnt really capable (please dont lynch me WA fans) when he was a much better cog in a machine.

Think this it true. Larkham's timing was sublime

P

pete88

i dont want to judge the guy til we have knowledge if he is speaking for himself or the team.

Pretty much exactly what I've been saying, if Deans deserves it I don't have a problem with a departing player airing his problem with the guy and no one knows enough to jump down his throat about it. But that tweet was nothing if not an obvious shot at Deans.

T

Train Without a Station

i think the thing about Gits looking at his whole career was. He became a better player than he probably ever was by running off Stephen Larkham. I dont mean this as an insult, but he was made to look unbeatable when he was infact a brilliant part of a bigger machine.

I think you're pretty much spot on there. He was an extremely capable player that could exploit the attention given to Larkham inside of him and Mortlock outside of him. However as they moved on the the defensive pressure moved to him, he wasn't capable of performing at the same level against it.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
I haven't rated him as a player in years, and personally I thought he was rubbish outside Cooper last year.

But I do agree he gives a game 100%, he is a real competitor and extremely fit, and I'd have had no issues with him being next called up 10 or 12, both of which were real possibilities -practically certainties in the event of an injury in either slot.

The thread is about his attitude though, and for me that is a serious question mark, and the Brumbies year was for me telling. Any lingering doubts I had were erased the day he told Moore, his vice captain to fuck off during a game. I had no issues with his decision, but his leadership blew chunks.

All that said so he posted a mildly negative tweet about Deans. It was hardly a personal attack and I am sure Deans will cope.

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Just for interests sake, this is the twitter exchange giteau was going on about:

QuadeCooper Quade Cooper
they say everything happens for a reason. So we are ready for everything you can possibly throw at us now. You can't make us feel any worse.
16 Oct
in reply to ↑

@Ewen_McKenzie
Ewen McKenzie
@QuadeCooper dont worry about the court of public opinion - you never make everyone happy - play for each other - great opportunit

@QuadeCooper
Quade Cooper
@Ewen_McKenzie thanks link. Yeah I know ...thanks again

U

Utility Back

Telling Moore to f#@k off was good leadership, it showed a killer instinct and backing of ones ability for mine. The captain was there, Moore didn't get asked for his opinion, dealt with it moved on.

Agree, Moore was trying to impose his own decision on the team without being captain, WTF was he gonna do say 'yeh sorry squeaks' ?

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
We will have to agree to disagree WJ. For me the way he dealt with it showed he is, excuse the services expression, a jack. As I said I had no issues with the decision. But I'd not have the guy leading anyone under me.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
It was the heat of the moment, he was driving a nail into a victory that was probably the highlight of the brumbies season. Besides the use of the f word, there is absolutely nothing wrong with telling Moore to pull his head in what so ever, good captaining for mine

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
agree with everything WJ has said. But coaching put Gits where he was. He was never a 10 and should never have played there.

lonhro10

Frank Nicholson (4)
I don't know about coaching putting Gits at 10. I remember him being very vocal that this was the position he wanted to play. If anything I think his coaches let him get his way on this for far to long when most commentators and posters on this forum were adamant that 12 was where he was best suited.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I dont normally stick up for gits and I still think he's a **** for kicking that penalty.

But what he said pales in comparison to what gets said on here 50 times a day. I don't disagree with anything he said, not even a little bit. Likewise campo when he was quoted as saying that deans re-appointment before the world cup was a slap in the face to Australian rugby fans.

Good on him for saying what he believed.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
Good player, but if he'd crabbed anymore in recent years there'd be oceanographic expeditions naming new crabs Giteau.

Seriously all you people that talk about crabbing give it a rest. You are really showing how much you know about the game. Name when Giteau has had a good pack in front of him cutting out his space to prevent this sort of action?

So we throw him in behind a pack that got smashed by samoa and say 'sorry mate you had your chance?'

In my opinion the people who say this sort of rubbish can write down everything you know about the game on the back of a postage stamp.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
Telling Moore to f#@k off was good leadership, it showed a killer instinct and backing of ones ability for mine. The captain was there, Moore didn't get asked for his opinion, dealt with it moved on.

Absolutely - I thought that was awesome. You can say a lot of things about Giteau, but you can't deny he's a tough bastard.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Seriously all you people that talk about crabbing give it a rest. You are really showing how much you know about the game. Name when Giteau has had a good pack in front of him cutting out his space to prevent this sort of action?

So we throw him in behind a pack that got smashed by samoa and say 'sorry mate you had your chance?'

In my opinion the people who say this sort of rubbish can write down everything you know about the game on the back of a postage stamp.

He did the same for the Brumbies and Randwick.

His first option is to go to the outside and attempt to use his pace to beat his defender. The down side of that is defenders now show him the outside and let him crab as they drift and he runs his support over the sideline.

Gits hasn't played really well since he returned to the Brumbies as far as I care, at the Force he played flatter and ran straighter for some reason

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)

One instance when Giteau was 100% right, I'll give him that.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
He did the same for the Brumbies and Randwick.

His first option is to go to the outside and attempt to use his pace to beat his defender. The down side of that is defenders now show him the outside and let him crab as they drift and he runs his support over the sideline.

Gits hasn't played really well since he returned to the Brumbies as far as I care, at the Force he played flatter and ran straighter for some reason

Nah

Status
Not open for further replies.