• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Golden Oldies in Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Hi Grievous,

There's a pretty good Golden Oldies scene around Sydney. It seems to be focused mainly in Sydney's north but there are clubs everywhere. There's no formal competition as such. They're just invitational gala days where you play against every team there on the day. Unless it's a relay big day then there's a draw. If one team doesn't have the numbers, somebody just fills in.

It's a lot of fun and pain and getting used to the coloured shorts is interesting. I believe every game ends in a draw. The main thing is everyone is there just to have fun playing the greatest game there is.

I could rattle off a whole lot of names but if you let me know where you are I could hopefully point you to a club.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Alternatively you can probably get a similar level playing a bit of Halligan Cup or for a 4th/5th Grade side somewhere. But the level of competitiveness changes week by week.

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
cheers, south Sydney
Do you play?
Hi Grievous,

There's a pretty good Golden Oldies scene around Sydney. It seems to be focused mainly in Sydney's north but there are clubs everywhere. There's no formal competition as such. They're just invitational gala days where you play against every team there on the day. Unless it's a relay big day then there's a draw. If one team doesn't have the numbers, somebody just fills in.

It's a lot of fun and pain and getting used to the coloured shorts is interesting. I believe every game ends in a draw. The main thing is everyone is there just to have fun playing the greatest game there is.

I could rattle off a whole lot of names but if you let me know where you are I could hopefully point you to a club.

South

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
Alternatively you can probably get a similar level playing a bit of Halligan Cup or for a 4th/5th Grade side somewhere. But the level of competitiveness changes week by week.
Yeah considered that but there just isnt enough clubs around me or they are up the grades, I also dont have time every week or can commit to training. Ive played for 3 different ones in the past anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.