• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GPS (NSW) Rowing 2014

who will win

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

west wyalong

Bob McCowan (2)
Just been told; three year 10's currently in the View 1sts one just getting a sub 7 apparently, only two of all ergs are under 6:30. Another disaster year for the view boys. Things are looking good for shore!

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
Re Shore I note:
1. At least 2 Yr 11 boys from last years winning 2nd VIII have failed to progress to the 1st VIII; and
2. Have a 3rd VIII, which provides competition for 3rd/4th IVs.
Seemingly a very strong senior squad. Will wait for Scots results this Saturday before predicting anything outrageous. :cool:

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
Just been told; three year 10's currently in the View 1sts one just getting a sub 7 apparently, only two of all ergs are under 6:30. Another disaster year for the view boys. Things are looking good for shore!
Surely no-one was fooling themselves that View was a threat to Shore in any division? It's Joeys/Shore with Kings and Grammar in the mix.

ilive4315

Frank Row (1)
---BIG NEWS---
Nic 'Rusty Jay' Ryan has withdrawn from the season due to unforseen circumstances. We wish the view powerhouse all the best in the future as he endeavors for a spot in the 1st 5 winter tennis team.

west wyalong

Bob McCowan (2)
---BIG NEWS---
Nic 'Rusty Jay' Ryan has withdrawn from the season due to unforseen circumstances. We wish the Riverview powerhouse all the best in the future as he endeavors for a spot in the 1st 5 winter tennis team.
Tradgic, I've seen him race, superb technique. From what I've heard he took up powerlifting over the sport not tennis, but I don't know the view boys very well. Wish him the best.

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
---BIG NEWS---
Nic 'Rusty Jay' Ryan has withdrawn from the season due to unforseen circumstances. We wish the view powerhouse all the best in the future as he endeavors for a spot in the 1st 5 winter tennis team.
Sadly the forum has descended into sportal territory. Hardly think the 2 seat from 3rd IV that came last in 2013 is an insurmountable loss.

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
---BIG NEWS---
"winter tennis" - that's a joke I haven't heard in years. Wish the forum allowed for actuallyhearing it in the precious tones it used to be pronounced.

west wyalong

Bob McCowan (2)
Sadly the forum has descended into sportal territory. Hardly think the 2 seat from 3rd IV that came last in 2013 is an insurmountable loss.
He was in the eight, rowed with rob richards at maquarie uni, picked up his game. oh well. Out of the bottom three contenders im sure High has a fighting chance not to come last.

ilive4315

Frank Row (1)
anybody have any news on crews for the weekend? shore will be prominent considering there large pre-season and existing chemistry, view looks to have a solid line up.

Dirty Mike

Frank Row (1)
S
anybody have any news on crews for the weekend? shore will be prominent considering there large pre-season and existing chemistry, view looks to have a solid line up.
Will be a grudge math in heat 2 of the 8's race between View, Scots and Shore. Looks like a fast race which will be undoubtedly decided by all 3 in the final.

Dirty Mike

Frank Row (1)
Forget about these view and grammar boys at mosman, there have been more than a few sightings of a eight of just shore boys rowing out of sydney. oh but they surely just play rugby..

With the lads having just a casual row down at the sydney boat shed

Dirty Mike

Frank Row (1)
Can't forget about the sculling trials this weekend which will decide the GPS crew. Look out for Tony Achjin and LHJ

fpiglet

Darby Loudon (17)
Re Shore I note:
1. At least 2 Yr 11 boys from last years winning 2nd VIII have failed to progress to the 1st VIII; and
2. Have a 3rd VIII, which provides competition for 3rd/4th IVs.
Seemingly a very strong senior squad. Will wait for Scots results this Saturday before predicting anything outrageous. :cool:

Have to correct you (you probably think Shore automatically wins all the time) but Joeys were the 2013 winning 2nd VIII…. It's too early to pick crews at this stage of the season. There's been little 2km racing and what there has been has been attended by only a few schools. i think all crews have changes up to or past the January camps which is no surprise.

fpiglet

Darby Loudon (17)
With the lads having just a casual row down at the sydney boat shed

Can't say (for sure) if Shore rows out of SRC during winter but I doubt it. What does happen is that SRC runs a TA programme which does traditionally attract a lot of Shore & Newington boys who are keen to step up from either year 10 eights or if there were in the 2nd VIII or fours and are keen to acquire better technique before the school squad selection process starts.

fpiglet

Darby Loudon (17)
It will be interesting to see how the GPS sculling programme will be run this year. A couple of years ago it was ridiculously scheduled in between the eights events and Shore simply didn't enter any scullers because they wanted to rest their boys for the latter race. Last year it was held after the regatta which was probably better after a break. However there does seem to be some inconsistent processes especially when it comes to the seat racing component post Head of the River. This sculling event and the consequent seat racing should be better managed because it's an achievement for boys to attain. It should be a bigger deal for all participants….

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
Have to correct you (you probably think Shore automatically wins all the time) but Joeys were the 2013 winning 2nd VIII…. It's too early to pick crews at this stage of the season. There's been little 2km racing and what there has been has been attended by only a few schools. i think all crews have changes up to or past the January camps which is no surprise.

Apologies on error. Re too early - not so sure - most HOTR winners in last 10 years, apart from 04/05, were evident in the prior November

Edgar Ijmuiden

Stan Wickham (3)
What is the priority at the Shore sheds beyond the 1st VIII? It looks they are fielding the 1st IV first before the 2nd VIII to keep Ubergang happy?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

winning a 2nd VIII is no ticket to victory in the big one - ever, eh @strokeside?

fpiglet

Darby Loudon (17)
winning a 2nd VIII is no ticket to victory in the big one - ever, eh @strokeside?
Definitely not a ticket. But I do like to think before a 2km race has been held all crews are equal regardless of colour or creed! Can't wait to see some form on the track... Be good to see the sculling trials too.

Status
Not open for further replies.