• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Gradual Unfurling of New Wallaby Coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Well, we do have the Tri-Nations and Mandella plate in the cabinet, there's not much else out there.....

:fishing

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
He's Totality Tony, not the Messiah.

Sorry about the peaceful warrior crap last night. Have the MANFLU and it does something weird to my head. Made me type like a lefto-pinko-femo. I actually enjoyed sitting down and watching a chick program with my wife, not Sex and the City, mind you, but pretty bloody close to it.

Seriously though, TT has had lot of success in Ireland, it is a shame he is not interested in the Force gig. I am really worried we are going to have too many bulls in the paddock at the Wallabies. Time will tell though.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
It appears TT is human. News in The West is that he has declined to be considered for the Force job.
All is not lost, CWA. It is true that Totality Tony did decline the Force head coaching role, but it is insulting to suggest that he was being "considered for the Force job". The truth is that he received in the post a contract pre-signed by CEO Vern Reid which had the contract amount unspecified and an appendix which simply had the heading "Totality of Mr McGahan's Requirements". All he had to do was fill in these two sections, sign the contract and hop on a plane.

Realising that the supervision and mentoring of Robbie Deans would be close to a full-time job, even for him, he graciously declined but generously offered to vet and assess the candidates for the coaching role before making his final decision. For reasons of probity and protocol a selection committee has been set up in Perth but their function will be restricted to answering any queries TT might have.

Where is the fcking RWC review??
Do you recall the delay over finalising Totality Tony's contract, rif? The final sticking point was his insistence that he edit and if necessary rewrite the report before it was released? He has been preoccupied with ensuring that Munster don't let him down by losing the RaboDirect Pro12 competition, but he has promised to do the rewriting on the plane journey to Sydney. As soon as he has jogged from the airport to St Leonards he will hand the report to JO'N and authorise its release. You can be assured that unseemly delays with paperwork will be a thing of the past once TT gets here.

I am really worried we are going to have too many bulls in the paddock at the Wallabies. Time will tell though.
You worry unnecessarily, rt. My fearless forecast is that there will be only one real bull at the ARU, the one with the part-Irish accent. The rest will be more like steers.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Well, we do have the Tri-Nations and Mandella plate in the cabinet, there's not much else out there.....

:fishing

What with the truncated number of games a winner had to traverse, and the conscious fielding of diluted 'B' teams by the ABs and Saffas for a number of games, the 2011 3N was rather like a Commonwealth Games masked up as an Olympics.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
What with the truncated number of games a winner had to traverse, and the conscious fielding of diluted 'B' teams by the ABs and Saffas for a number of games, the 2011 3N was rather like a Commonwealth Games masked up as an Olympics.

We could give it back I suppose..

Status
Not open for further replies.