• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Great start to the season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
I know Newport have identified BOBS as one of the key clubs to target this year. Whilst the loss to UNSW in round 1 saw a well deserved victory to the hosts, feedback from BOBS was that we needed to ‘take all points on offer’ so the game could have gone either way. Harwood has again formed his 4th grade ageing rag-tag bunch of formerly retired and broken ex-first graders, ex leaguies who are loving heaven’s game and battered lower graders. The injury toll as you would expect was nasty by finals time last season so if they can keep themselves bandaged they should do well.
Colts will always be thereabouts but the competition for the school’s year 12 rugby leavers is intense these days so not sure how many came to the BOBS this year. I good gauge (as always) will be the progress of 2nds and 3rds but the President has put a great management structure in place and Hensley is popular s a coach. At a minimum they should finish top 4 in the club champs. Lindfield look strong this year.
There may be a golden oldies game this season if you are in Sydney and want to ref a game. ( last year's game was cancelled due to the weather sadly).

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
I know Newport have identified BOBS as one of the key clubs to target this year. Whilst the loss to UNSW in round 1 saw a well deserved victory to the hosts, feedback from BOBS was that we needed to ‘take all points on offer’ so the game could have gone either way. Harwood has again formed his 4th grade ageing rag-tag bunch of formerly retired and broken ex-first graders, ex leaguies who are loving heaven’s game and battered lower graders. The injury toll as you would expect was nasty by finals time last season so if they can keep themselves bandaged they should do well.
Colts will always be thereabouts but the competition for the school’s year 12 rugby leavers is intense these days so not sure how many came to the BOBS this year. I good gauge (as always) will be the progress of 2nds and 3rds but the President has put a great management structure in place and Hensley is popular s a coach. At a minimum they should finish top 4 in the club champs. Lindfield look strong this year.
There may be a golden oldies game this season if you are in Sydney and want to ref a game. ( last year's game was cancelled due to the weather sadly).

Crashy i have just had a round trip to Sydney for 10 days and i couldnt make the Newport game which was a shame.

Great to see BOB's pick up colts and 2's and give 1s a good shake.

Newport 1st grade looking good!

Status
Not open for further replies.