• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Green and Gold Get-together

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
I know its 9 months away but I was wondering if anyone else on the forums is going to the RWC. I managed to snag a package of tickets to all the All Black games, and also added the Wallabies vs Ireland game. I'll be based in Auckland(flying in from Canada for the month) and was wondering if anyone was around to catch the additional Wallabies games at a pub or wherever.

Perhaps this could be the first meeting of the Green and Gold Supporters Club?

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Is that how you will identify yourself in meeting us Wallabies supporters for the first time in a pub, wearing a paperbag over your head? :)

Enjoy your time over there, it's great to see a supporter from one of the lower tier rugby nations (for want of a better expression) to make the long trek and indulge in your passion in what is certainly a minor sport in a country such as yours....

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
I AM one of those Wallabies supporters. Throughout the Super 14 and Tri-Nations I was getting up as early as 4am on Saturday's to scour the internet and find a stream for the game.

That's commitment :p

Tiger

Alfred Walker (16)
Mate I remember having to endure the same pain when I was in Canada! It was a bit of a nightmare but managed to find some pubs that had a bit of a rugby following.

Anyway not heading over to WC at this stage. I remember there was talk about a G&GR rugby team playing over there at some point in a social match or something? Can't remember the details but someone else might be able to fill you in

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I'll be based in Christchurch for the pool matches. Have tickets to all those game.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Mate I remember having to endure the same pain when I was in Canada! It was a bit of a nightmare but managed to find some pubs that had a bit of a rugby following.

Anyway not heading over to WC at this stage. I remember there was talk about a G&GR rugby team playing over there at some point in a social match or something? Can't remember the details but someone else might be able to fill you in

When I lived there it was always funny to watch the France v Australia game on the French language network. The only player they could pronounce was Giteau and boy did they get excited when he had the ball!

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Try finding a pub in Montreal that will show the Tahs playing the 2010 Super semi-final at the exact time that the Canadiens are in a playoff game. Good times.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Is that how you will identify yourself in meeting us Wallabies supporters for the first time in a pub, wearing a paperbag over your head? :)

Enjoy your time over there, it's great to see a supporter from one of the lower tier rugby nations (for want of a better expression) to make the long trek and indulge in your passion in what is certainly a minor sport in a country such as yours....

The danger of wearing a paper bag over your head in a pub in New Zealand, is that punters may mistake you for a Kiwi chick.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
I haven't worked out my schedule yet, but I will be in Auckland at least for the Opening ceremony/match, Christchurch for the first Wallabies game. Popping in to Wellington. I might go home for a couple of weeks, but will be back for the finals.

Work sux...:yay

Status
Not open for further replies.