• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders v Force

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
FORCE (1-15): Marley Pearce, Tom Horton, Santiago Medrano, Sam Carter, Izack Rodda, Will Harris, Carlo Tizzano, Reed Prinsep, Nic White (c), Ben Donaldson, Chase Tiatia, Hamish Stewart, Sam Spink, Bayley Kuenzle, Kurtley Beale

RESERVES: Feleti Kaitu’u, Josh Bartlett, Tiaan Tauakipulu, Jeremy Williams, Michael Wells, Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, Max Burey, Henry O’Donnell

How good are some astute mid season recruits. Beale and Carter suddenly make that XV a lot deeper and impressive. Also Rodda’s return is very timely . Forward pack looking better, still big question over front row but lineout should be humming.

Thalium

Larry Dwyer (12)
That front row held their own against an allblacks front row last weekend so I have faith. If medrano plays like he did against the crusaders we will be good.

Previously medrano has taken 3 scrums to get settled and usually by then the ref has an impression that force is always at fault so you lose those 50/50 calls

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Fakatava and Patchell starting in the halves makes this a much harder challenge for the Force. The highlanders have looked a different team with those two out there.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Also missed that Williams is back. I'd argue that Rodda/Carter/Williams is better than the rest of the Aus 2nd rows including Neville/Frost/Swain.

Thalium

Larry Dwyer (12)
Fakatava and Patchell starting in the halves makes this a much harder challenge for the Force. The highlanders have looked a different team with those two out there.
Yeah this is going to make it hard for sure, Hopefully this is where Beale can influence the game providing support and a calm head for White and Donaldson.

Really hope they can get this win on the road it would be a great boost to the team

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Yeah this is going to make it hard for sure, Hopefully this is where Beale can influence the game providing support and a calm head for White and Donaldson.

Really hope they can get this win on the road it would be a great boost to the team
I think it might be more about the backrow/centres really getting in Patchell's face and making his life difficult right from the start. Not exactly sure why he was out for so long given there was no mention of injury from the Highlanders, but he might be a bit rusty, so the best bet for the Force is not giving him a chance to get his head in the game. That said, if he comes in fit and firing it might not make much difference.

I have a feeling a fast start might be the key to winning this for both sides, not sure either the Force or the Highlanders have the weapons to chase down a game that gets away from them at the moment.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
This prick is fucken blind or a cheat
patrick-bateman-patrick-bateman-blocked.gif

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

He had me at "Hurricanes"...

Must be related to Shiggins...

Or IS Shiggins...

Not sure which would be worse...

Edit: two of his posts deleted already, I wonder how long it'll take for a mod to swing the ban hammer?

Edit 2: both deleted posts contained the phrase "sheep shagger", mod responsible for deleting them must be Welsh.

Last edited:

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Speaking of Shiggins, doesn't foul/dangerous play override basically everything? Donaldson came in to tackle Tavatavanawai like a NFL DB. Getting bounced probably helped him fly under the radar though.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Speaking of Shiggins, doesn't foul/dangerous play override basically everything? Donaldson came in to tackle Tavatavanawai like a NFL DB. Getting bounced probably helped him fly under the radar though.
They don't seem big on punishing dangerous tackles unless it involves the head.