• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders v Rebels, RD 5 - 28th Feb

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Notable inclusion Manaaki Selbi-Rickit who is returning from a ban after being convicted of assault. Stay classy Highlanders.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Notable inclusion Manaaki Selbi-Rickit who is returning from a ban after being convicted of assault. Stay classy Highlanders.

Well we all no Dunedin court system is a joke, after all Mafi wasn't charged to protect his playing contract in Japan.

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 3.47.34 pm.png

Good to see Jordan back :)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A few years ago they started publishing a list of injured players, their injury, and when they are due back. Like the AFL clubs do every week.

Really wish they would get back on it.

You had a team the other day say they don't like doing this because it helps the opposition. IMO, it should be made compulsory like in the NFL with mandatory injury reports and fines for not adhering to it.

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
You had a team the other day say they don't like doing this because it helps the opposition. IMO, it should be made compulsory like in the NFL with mandatory injury reports and fines for not adhering to it.

Surely it’s no biggie to do it after the teams announced?

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)

100% agree. All weekend teams sheets should all be named at the same time too (rather than 48hrs before kick off).

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
A few years ago they started publishing a list of injured players, their injury, and when they are due back. Like the AFL clubs do every week.

Really wish they would get back on it.

Honestly living in AFL land gives you a different perspective about how unprofessional rugby still is. Sure, we pay players, coaches and staff a good wage, but the depth of the market and the yokel administration still blows my mind.

Anyway, Rebels by 5.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Yep, I really think we can win our next two games and go into the bye 3-3 which would not be the worst result. Than redeem ourselves against the Sunwolves and target only one game abroad (Stormers) and than rest players against the Jaguars to be ready to beat the Reds.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Yep, I really think we can win our next two games and go into the bye 3-3 which would not be the worst result. Than redeem ourselves against the Sunwolves and target only one game abroad (Stormers) and than rest players against the Jaguars to be ready to beat the Reds.

If you're going to target a game abroad I'd be targeting the Jaguares before the Stormers. Stormers are turning Newlands into an absolute fortress this year, even more so than usual, where as the Jaguares have looked disinterested at times and if you manage to take they're line out/maul opportunities off them they end up pretty vulnerable.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

Love the optimism but I think a lot would have to go our way. I think we'll be reminded tomorrow that the worst of NZ is still better than our best.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
If you're going to target a game abroad I'd be targeting the Jaguares before the Stormers. Stormers are turning Newlands into an absolute fortress this year, even more so than usual, where as the Jaguares have looked disinterested at times and if you manage to take they're line out/maul opportunities off them they end up pretty vulnerable.

Agree, but the reason I went for the Stormers game as it's first on tour. They would be overly confident of a win and the Rebels get there sh@t together and catch them napping.

Jaguares makes it a hell of a road trip back to Brisbane.
Love the optimism but I think a lot would have to go our way. I think we'll be reminded tomorrow that the worst of NZ is still better than our best.
The worst of NZ this year is a lot worse than the worst of NZ last year. The World Cup exodus has really hit the Clan hard.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)

Why not go the other way and not name anything before the game. Let the opposition see what turns up on the day :)