• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders v Reds Super Rugby 2015 Rnd 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Back in the day v Otago or esp Souhland JOC (James O'Connor) would've got up bleeding from that ruck.

I'm no scrum expert but Kees Meuws is & we both reckon Slipper is giving Geldenhuys a hiding.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
31st minute, Ant Finger pinged again, 20m out & 2m from touch. Looks a little hard done by on replay. Banks pushes it wide, still 9-3 Clan.

If Gill hadn't trimmed his nails this morning he mighta been dotting down under the sticks right now........

Scrum penalty Clan, Banks puts it out on Reds 22. Clan props fuck up the lineout drive, scrum Reds but turned back over. Penalty advantage, Genia may have saved a try there, Naholo seemed to harbour bridge it. Go back to the penalty, I reckon. No try, 22 droppie, penalty advantage musta been over?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Lucky escape for the Reds there as Sanchez just (only just) manages to dot the ball down for a 22 drop out ahead of a Clanner.

37 minutes gone. Reds 3, Clan 9. Can smell the oranges.

Edit: It's oranges. No change to the score. All kicks. Both teams have missed one PK attempt.
NZ Commentators claiming Genia and O'Connor are on fire, and need to be contained by the Clan even though the Reds are behind on the scoreboard.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Highlanders hot on attack, Genia spoils with a near intercept but it's advantage for an earlier offside and HIghlanders have a 5m lineout. 2 min gone 2nd half.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Resulting maul is eventually sacked and it's a turn over to the reds, they will need to win the scrum 5m out from their own line though.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
3 Red pinged, reckon he saved Genia from a YC for a deliberate knock-on.......

Clan take the lineout & turn it over. SHOULDA TAKEN THE FUCKIN GIFT 3 SHOULDNT YA? Fuck me, how hard is it?

Very messy passage of play, lots of effort from both sides for fuck all result other than another Reds scrum feed. Which results in another scrum penalty. I wonder which prop will get binned first? My money's on Geldenhuys.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Free kick as highlanders were moving the scrum before the feed and the reds clear through turner. 60m lineout highlanders, 5min gone

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Genia is doing a bit of the old lateral two step and pass movement that upsets many purists.

Hold the press. Sanchez may have snaffled a meat pie by diving on a loose pill from a poorly controlled Clan lineout. TMO says nah. Held up. Reds attacking scrum 5 metres out.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
James Slipper scrummaging strongly tonight. Genia playing his best game in years. Reds need to keep their hands on the pill and we'll be right in the hunt

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sh!t, Shatz scores.

First meat to the Reds. Easy as Bro.

JOC (James O'Connor) converts. Reds 10 Clan 9. 50 minutes gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom