• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Honkers - a review

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

formeropenside

Bled tests should just be allocated Bris-Syd in turn every year if this experiment is to continue. If we dont need the money from a Melb game, why play top ranked tests there?

R

Rugby Rat

The usual suspects choked again when we were looking at closing the game out. 2 metres out and Gitts to Mortlock. Pass too hard and how was Gitts supposed to even know he was there until it was too late.

Close is not good enough. I compare the wallaby train wreck to a drunk driver running over a pedestrian. He argues that he has had a perfect 20 year driving record in court. For all the good he has done it makes no difference. The 20 years in this instance is 60 minutes of rugby.

I can forgive Hynes for being isolated in a 3 on 1. Maybe he could have kicked BUT if it was charged down then it's a certain try to NZ. So he made a call and held on to be penalised.

Apart from the usual supsects choking, it was a good game by all. Enjoyed watching our defence hold strong. Also enjoyed the NZ comeback.

Gitteau..Our worst and highest paid 10 in 50 years. Go figure ARU. Morts..great player but we just haven't won that much for the length of his tenure.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wasn't the pass from Burgass to Gits fairly poor as well?

And Gits our worst 10 in 50 years? Wallace, Howard, Kafer, Bowen, Kahl, Grey?

F

formeropenside

Noddy said:

I always thought Pat Howard was underrated, myself.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Not too sure Horan is a better 10 than Gits, as well. Best 12 ever in my book, but Horan just didn't have the boot for 10.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
formeropenside said:
Noddy said:

I always thought Pat Howard was underrated, myself.

agreed, but at test level I think he was a better 12 than 10.

I remember his first two games for QLD, as a 19 year old flyhalf playing inside Timmy and Jase and he got man of the match both times. Set up a try for Timmy in the 2nd game with a beutiful grubber through the defensive line, bounced up perfectly for him and then a no look flick pass to Timmy trailing, who ran over un-touched to score.

Scotty

David Codey (61)

If it was the incident I think he was talking about, I don't recall much of a problem with the Burgess pass. Mortlock was the dummy runner, and Gits just had to hold it for another 0.05 of a second so it didn't hit him on the shoulder and ruin the pass to the looping Hynes.

R

Rugby Rat

Lets just say after Bernie and Lynagh Gitts is a Septimus vs Makybe Diva. All the wraps but zip delivery.

Only in this instance the ARU stuffed up by giving him a motza.

WAKE UP ARU.....WHAT WAS HE GOING TO DO ??? Play league ??? :lmao:

Go to EUROPE ? WHO CARES !!!!

Gitteau...OVERATED FROM DAY 1 and not a Lynagh or Bernie's bootlace.

R

Rugby Rat

Sick of this rubbish that he even worthy of being there.

Barnes at 10. Morts at 12 and Cross or even Hynes at 13.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Rugby Rat said:

????

Ahhh no thanks. Gits for sure.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Rugby Rat said:

Good backline if you never want it past 12. Hynes hasn't even convinced me he is really a good test standard winger yet, let alone 13. It's not as if we lack 13s...they just all seem to be being played out of position. Happy to see Barnes 10, Gits 12 tried at some point. Mortlock - NOT A 12!!

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'd like to see AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13.

Back to that set piece off the scrum, yes Burgess pass was actually a bit short & Giteau had to step in to collect it on the chest but the play still would have worked if Gits had hit Hynes.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
disco said:

Back to that set piece off the scrum, yes Burgess pass was actually a bit short & Giteau had to step in to collect it on the chest but the play still would have worked if Gits had hit Hynes.

By memory, doesn't Mortlock stick his hand out (backwards) and that hits the ball? Which is nuts as he was the decoy (took about 3 of them) and Hynes was gonna go through unopposed. Great move otherwise - would have looked spectacular

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Noddy said:

You must have blocked out the awful Nathan Spooner era.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Gagger said:
disco said:

By memory, doesn't Mortlock stick his hand out (backwards) and that hits the ball? Which is nuts as he was the decoy (took about 3 of them) and Hynes was gonna go through unopposed. Great move otherwise - would have looked spectacular

Fark yes - Giteau for some reason forgets the play halfway through and bombs a certain try.

Scotty

David Codey (61)

I think it hit him on the shoulder, but he did seem to turn a bit towards if, from memory.

R

Rugby Rat

Woo Hooo.

Gitts on the bench for Italy. About time.

I do wonder if some of you lot have ever watched or played rugby. It would seem you seem to have missed the fact we have won nothing with Gitteau.

He just isn't up to regular test 10 no matter how much he is paid.

Just can't beleive you are oblivious to the 6 year losing streak. :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.