• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hooper to Waratahs

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It makes no sense, it was fucking clear as day where they lost the game to the Sharks. The breakdown turnovers. When Hooper went off Daniel had free reign of the breakdown and caused numerous turnovers and penalties due to pilfers because he wasn't getting cleaned out quick enough. Vaea made something like 10 runs in 10 mins but he was anonymous at the breakdown.

W

What2040

Have hugely high opinion of this fellow. Brums not keeping him does not make sense and congrats to the Tahs. To me he is next in line for Pocock, and by a good measure.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
Brums not keeping him does not make sense and congrats to the Tahs.

It doesn't sound like there was a lot the Brumbies could do. If a decision is motivated by factors outside your control, throwing money and hoping probably isn't going to work.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
It doesn't sound like there was a lot the Brumbies could do. If a decision is motivated by factors outside your control, throwing money and hoping probably isn't going to work.

According to everyone, Mowen turning down a contract at the Tahs to explore other options was because of the waratahs cancer of nit being able to identify proper talent, so it's only fair this same rules apply here. The brumbies are stupid for letting hooper go.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Feel a bit sorry for the Brums. Taking a chance on the kid to have him start to perform and then move on.

But nothing against Hooper, the heart want's what the heart wants.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
According to everyone, Mowen turning down a contract at the Tahs to explore other options was because of the waratahs cancer of nit being able to identify proper talent, so it's only fair this same rules apply here. The brumbies are stupid for letting hooper go.

I dont defend the Tahs too often, as you all know. However, the Tahs cannot be expected to keep every talented kid in NSW to themselves - it just cant happen and it would disastrous for every other franchise if it did happen.

Reactions: BPC

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Maybe Hooper is looking to upgrade from Dan Palmer and Nic White's cooking to Mr & Mrs Hooper's cooking?

I wonder if he's going to move back home for cheap rent and better food?

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Yes, because when you're on top of your conference you bench your best 7 out of pique.

Viewed within the scope of a four year plan (as White's tenure has been labelled), it may happen.

I'm not advocating action either way, as I can see the pros and cons in either scenario.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
As a Brumbies fan this is a major disappointment, I rate Hooper highly and would love to see him stay. As other people have noted, his home is in Sydney and if that's the reason, I can't blame him fpr wanting to go.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Nor have several other SAffer coaches.

You just have to look at the current SA Super Rugby teams. Only the Cheetahs (Brussow) & Lions (Minnie) really have an out and out fetcher in their starting XV's. Neither the Bulls, Stormers nor Sharks really have a dedicated fetcher who plays to the ball.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Maybe Hooper is looking to upgrade from Dan Palmer and Nic White's cooking to Mr & Mrs Hooper's cooking?

I wonder if he's going to move back home for cheap rent and better food?

If they're set up in Kingston and the surrounds like most of the team they're surrounded by vastly superior restaurants than Manly...

And from what I've seen... Palmer eats pretty well...

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I think the movement of Hooper explains why Jake has had a look at Vaea in the 7 jersey this season.

Or maybe the choice of benching Hooper when he was burning the house down was the last straw that saw him want to leave.

The Brumbies will be OK. Once they learn to play Saffer style rugby they won't need a fetcher.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
More likely Hawko, Hooper had already indicated his intention to leave. They must have had preliminary talks with all players whose contracts ended in 2012 and the Tahs and Rebels must have contacted him early also.

Status
Not open for further replies.