• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

How excited are you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
10 minutes till knock off then half an hour to drive home for the opening cerimony.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Its here finally. Its 8h30 in the morning in SA. At work we have a Bok dressed up with prices. Unbelievable everyone is in Bok colours. The laaities at Paarl Gym Prymary will watch the opening ceremony live in their skoolsaal. have a Bok dress up aswell. Pretty sure NZ will make a huge success with this WC. If the rugby spirit is high like it is in Paarl at the moment I am pretty sure it will be no match to the rugby spirit in NZ. Great stuff!

This is what it would be like in Australia if we got rid of rugby league and AFL.

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I'm traveling during the first 3 weeks of the whole shebang. Literally, our trip begins TOMORROW. Europe will be fun and all, but christ, it's going to be equal parts agony too.

Should have seen the reaction when I asked the missus if we can pop into some bars for some WC action during the trip. My bruises are still healing.

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
In fact, this will be my last post on here for 3 weeks. SO - all the best hey lads! I'll see you all back here some finals time! Go Australia!

Proud Pig

Charlie Fox (21)
I am as excited as George Micheal at a plumbing convention.

The worst thing is that I have a work conference call at 8:00 PM tonight with some people in Europe from a non-Rugby playing nation.

D

daz

The Foxsports clock has counted down to zero.

4 long years to wait for redemption is over. It's on. Finally, RWC2011 is on.

Go you Green and Gold good things!

Apostle

Peter Burge (5)
Shit, just realised there is no booze in the house. Time to peg it to the bottle-o for some beers and scotch!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Excited big time, come on Ikale Tahi!

Edited the Sea Eagle bit bloody fox sports put that down as their name, ta for the correct BH81.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Some cool elements of the opening ceremony so far, but the Holst theme was a dud. I liked the kid scoring the try against 1,000 Queensland Reds in a Crusaders jersey. Yeah right!!

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
John Key is a knob. And why is he speaking one second ahead of the audio? How does he do that?

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Doesn't NZ have any colonial history to celebrate? It's been 100% Maori.

What about Dave Dobbyn? Slice of heaven anyone?

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
I think it's been fantastic so far - just speaking to my mate whose there (on the ticket I sold him).

So jealous, really regretting only going for a week.

I knew you'd find something to have a moan about though Scarfy!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I think it's been fantastic so far - just speaking to my mate whose there (on the ticket I sold him).

So jealous, really regretting only going for a week.

I knew you'd find something to have a moan about though Scarfy!

Thought you'd be there Boet?

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Long story mate, but in short, only going for a week. Getting 4 games in though, so will be great.

Mega homesick right now, what I've seen so far of the setup, the fans and show has just been fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.