• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

How would you like to see NRC/ARC type comp?

Joe King

Dave Cowper (27)
In terms of when such a competition should run, my very strong view is that it should run parallel to Shute Shield, Brisbane PR etc. Obviously as we still have Super Rugby, then this competition would be semi-pro - which probably isn't a bad way to start.
Can I ask why you are so strong on it being run parallel to SS and Qld PR?

Why not run it for a whole year parallel to NRL and AFL? I presume any third tier would want to get the developmental benefits of the returning Super Rugby players.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I'm not going to harp on about it, but I want neither an NRC or ARC. I want a second tier pro National domestic competition. I'll take an interstate club comp, champions style below that. But perhaps a small number of the top Clubs enter the pro National comp anyway.

International rugby as our pro game is failing on many levels. We should get back to basics.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Can I ask why you are so strong on it being run parallel to SS and Qld PR?

Why not run it for a whole year parallel to NRL and AFL? I presume any third tier would want to get the developmental benefits of the returning Super Rugby players.
Mainly because rugby has such a cluttered calendar of tests and Super Rugby. SS and QPR extend after the Super Rugby season while the tests are on so there would still be the same benefit as the current situation.