• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

HSBC 7's 2015/16: ROUND 2 - CAPE TOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I know Russia must've earned their core status but surely Tonga or Japan are better than them. Or even Ireland.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Fiji really butchered that. The player that failed to put the ball down for the try before the dead ball line won't be feeling so good right now!

Guess it's a good result for the series, will keep it close at the top.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Geez Killingworth has been good. I was not convinced he could be a good 7s player. One for Rio. Might not need Hooper, McMahon or Gill.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Lifting tackle earns Te Tamaki a Red & that'll be the ball game, one suspects. Made it to HT but now Waaka looks to have re-injured his ankle so I think we're down to one sub if he goes off, two if he stays.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How good is 7's?
Finals will be between Sefrika, Les Frogges, Los Pumas, and Kenya, with NZL, FIJ, AUS, and USA battling it out for the minor money in the plate competition, with last weeks finalist (Soap Dodgers) in the Bowl with Canada, who beat NZL in pool play.

Olympic Tournament may be different (injury wise) but the last two weeks show that anything can and will happen in a 7's tournament.

AUS still looking pretty rusty and will need to really step up their intensity and accuracy if they want to be in the top 4 for the 2015/2016 series.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
That was pathetic from Aus in the 2nd. We have no pace at all.

Some very sus decisions by the ref though. Called the Aus kick-off for not going 10m after the first try but it looked to me that the ball was caught beyond the 10m line; very quickly penalised Cusack for not releasing and turn over resulted in a SA try; try to De Jong down the blind side arguably from a forward pass. Result should have been a lot closer, but not saying Aus should have won. Some of the newer players haven't got the hang of 7s yet, it seems. HH really has problems in defense, and he was easily done for pace by Smith in a 50 - 60m dash to the try line. Also think Myers (?) leaves a lot to be desired. Killingworth is really showing good form though.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Lovely and ingenious defending from the Russians sees them save a try and score one off the 22.

0-14 with 1.20 remaining in the first half.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Russians beat the Portuguese. 38-5. Have they imploded, or are the Russians simply finally, finally, finding their groove.

Status
Not open for further replies.