• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

If Aussie Rugby had fairdinkum state of origin, select your states 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Would we class the ACT boys as New South Welshman or have a tri-series?

Selecting from the super 14 squads at the end of 2008.

My Qld team would be.
1.Holmes
2.Moore
3.???
4.Horwill
5.Vickerman (Our poach)
6.MMM
7.Pocock (Ours again)
8.Elsom
9.Lucas
10.Quade Cooper
11.Drew Mitchell
12.Berrick Barnes
13.Lote Tuqiri
14.Digby Ioane
15.Peter Hynes

Res: 16.Hardman 17.???? 18.Chislom 19.Brown 20.Cordingley 21.James O'Conner 22.Schifoske.

I think we're pretty rooted for props I was gonna pick McIsaac as a Res prop but really not sure on who's a qlder & who's not in that position.

F

formeropenside

Dayna Edwards played a season or two in NSW Grade without higher honours, so I think we could claim him.

Tom Court is off O/S but he's a THP. Blake was poached without being part of the NSW program, although he was a NSW schoolboy.

By the same token, I dont count Hewat as a poach by NSW: he'd been running around for Qld club rugby for a while without impact and went south as a result.

W

whocares

1. Robinson
2. TNP
3. Baxter/Dunning
4. Mumm
5. Vickerman
6. Hoiles
7. Smith
8. Palu
9. Burgess
10. Giteau
11. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
12. Mortlock
13. Cross
14. Staniforth
15. Shepperd

16. Frier
17. Baxter/Dunning
18. Caldwell
19. Waugh
20. Cordingly
21. Turner
22. Gerrard

We'll take Vickerman because he's never played for any QLD team
And we'll take Cordingly beacuse he was born in NSW and originally played for manly (and because we wanna be dickheads and leave you with Genia even though we have about 5 other S14 halfbacks)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tom, when Vickers first came out as a 19 year old (or so) he played for QLD uni.

W

whocares

Noddy said:
Tom, when Vickers first came out as a 19 year old (or so) he played for QLD uni.
hmmm if you say so
But my sorces tell me that he was in the SA U21 team in 1999 and then in the AUS U21 team in 2000 then he signed for the Bumbies. Meaning he was 21 when he came to Australia.
And he's not listed in the QLD uni wallabies list.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It may have just been colts but he definitely played for them. Then went home and played Saffas.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Scarfman said:
Vickerman would be ineligible for either team, IMO. Like Kiwis who play in the NRL.

Oh, so we have a Daniel here on TYS, do we? Must bring this up at church tomorrow. ;D ;D ;D

Biblical wisdom disguised as smartarsery. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Isn't the RL definition of "origin" where the individual played his first senior game of league?

If so, let's use that. If not, let's get a definition before selecting.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Tom said:
1. Robinson
2. TNP
3. Baxter/Dunning
4. Mumm
5. Vickerman
6. Hoiles
7. Smith
8. Palu
9. Burgess
10. Giteau
11. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
12. Mortlock
13. Cross
14. Staniforth
15. Shepperd

16. Frier
17. Baxter/Dunning
18. Caldwell
19. Waugh
20. Cordingly
21. Turner
22. Gerrard

We'll take Vickerman because he's never played for any QLD team
And we'll take Cordingly beacuse he was born in NSW and originally played for manly (and because we wanna be dickheads and leave you with Genia even though we have about 5 other S14 halfbacks)

Cordingley played for Warringah, not Manly.

Giteau played his first senior rugby in Canberra. Cross played his first senior rugby in WA bearing in mind he signed with Easts out of school and then with the Force from Easts. Mortlock isnt a 12. I would play Staniforth at 12 and Mortlock at 13.

Not sure the first "senior game" rule will work because, for example, players are going to S14 provinces straight out of school. For example, James O'Connor played his first senior rugby for the Force but that he isnt from WA. The rule should be, in my view, in which state they finished school. Vickerman shouldnt be able to play for that reason. Same with Rattlebones. Pocock is, obviously, different.

F

formeropenside

Cutter said:
Not sure the first "senior game" rule will work because, for example, players are going to S14 provinces straight out of school. For example, James O'Connor played his first senior rugby for the Force but that he isnt from WA. The rule should be, in my view, in which state they finished school. Vickerman shouldnt be able to play for that reason. Same with Rattlebones. Pocock is, obviously, different a Queenslander.

Fixed that for you.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
formeropenside said:
Cutter said:
Not sure the first "senior game" rule will work because, for example, players are going to S14 provinces straight out of school. For example, James O'Connor played his first senior rugby for the Force but that he isnt from WA. The rule should be, in my view, in which state they finished school. Vickerman shouldnt be able to play for that reason. Same with Rattlebones. Pocock is, obviously, different a Queenslander.

Fixed that for you.

Too kind fos.

F

formeropenside

Cutter said:
formeropenside said:
Cutter said:

Fixed that for you.

Too kind fos.

Actually, I take that back after reading a profile of him on news.com.au this AM. He loves the Force, he can stay there. And anyone who's a good mate with that egomaniac Luke Watson might have some issues themself.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Don't know how you classify "State of Origin" but I'm thinking born and bredish

15 Drew Mitchell
14 Peter Hynes
13 Lote Tuqiri
12 Berrick Barnes
11 Nick Cummins
10 Ben Lucas
9 Will Genia
8 Hugh McMeniman
7 Richard Brown
6 Mark Chisolm
5 Nathan Sharpe
4 James Horwill
3 Nick Henderson
2 Stephen Moore
1 Greg Holmes

16 Sean Hardman
17 Ben Daley
18 Tom Hockings
19 Ben Mowen
20 James Stannard
21 Scott Daruda
22 James O'Connor/Junior Pelesasa

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ok NSW can have Vickerman. The rules are were which state your born or bred like Digby Ioane is born in Melbourne but played a lot of rugby in Qld & in a Pocock or Quade Cooper situation it's were you arrived so NSW can pick Rathbone if they want.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Noddy said:

15 Drew Mitchell
14 Peter Hynes
13 Lote Tuqiri
12 Berrick Barnes
11 Nick Cummins
10 Ben Lucas
9 Will Genia
8 Hugh McMeniman
7 Richard Brown
6 Mark Chisolm
5 Nathan Sharpe
4 James Horwill
3 Nick Henderson
2 Stephen Moore
1 Greg Holmes

16 Sean Hardman
17 Ben Daley
18 Tom Hockings
19 Ben Mowen
20 James Stannard
21 Scott Daruda
22 James O'Connor/Junior Pelesasa

:huxley

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Biffo said:
Noddy said:
2 Stephen Moore

Yeah, born in Saudi Arabia, moved to Queensland a few years later as a kid. He'd be outa your team, sorry, Noddy.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ash said:
Biffo said:
Noddy said:
2 Stephen Moore

Yeah, born in Saudi Arabia, moved to Queensland a few years later as a kid. He'd be outa your team, sorry, Noddy.

ahhh, no he wouldn't.

Easily the best QLD hooker around. Regardless of the fact he was born OS whilst his parents were on a posting.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Noddy said:
Ash said:
Biffo said:
Noddy said:
2 Stephen Moore

ahhh, no he wouldn't.

Easily the best QLD hooker around. Regardless of the fact he was born OS whilst his parents were on a posting.

Yeah, posting from Dublin :huxley :huxley

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
exactly, from where they moved to QLD when little Stevie was a wee lad.

See, the benefits of these teams is that the selector gets to make the rules. Thus Steve couldn't be more of a QLDer. Thus the Brumbies move.

Interestinly Peter Sterling was born in QLD....

Status
Not open for further replies.