• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

If everyone played for their junior club

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Ole Two Blue

OTB, Joe Tomane went to Westfields for a little bit so why dont you add him. I guess I did add Hopoate out of desperation. Actually scrap him and put in Chris Yarrington. I think we should focus on current rugby players such as Brian Sefenaia who you could add as one of yours. And didn't Eddie Aholelei come from out that way many many moons ago?
Also Where is Frankie Raikadroka and David Fungalei these days? Both were 2blues colts who went to Uni.
ok I'll play. I'm sure there's other players out there that other people will slot in. I've gone for a mixture of youth and experience. You'll see why...

1. David Lolohea
  2. Tatafu Polota Nau
  3. Eddie Aholelei
  4. Tom Heslop
  5. Sam Wykes
  6. Steve Mafi
  7. Rodney Ma'a
  8. Benn Melrose
  9. Jeremy Su'a
  10. Dave Harvey
  11. Jorge Tafua
  12. Jamal Idris
  13. Israel Folau
  14. Sisa Waqa
  15. Jake Woodhouse
this side could match it with anybody!

i too am keen to see what a West Harbour side would look like.....not too many of them are local juniors.

Lily, I'm aware Sefanaia was a Parra colt, but I'd still take Jamal Idris and Izzy Folau over him. You're right about Eddie Aholelei though, he started Colts at Parra. Have added him ahead of the cheap shot kid.

Frankie came back and played a few lower grade games for us last year. Fungalei has been approached a few times to return but he believes returning to Parra won't improve his rugby.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Woodhouse is an interesting one. Went to Scots then Easts and now Manly. If he isfrom out your way I wonder why he went to a school in the Eastern Suburbs. Fungalei, well what rugbyis he playing now? I haven't seen his name in a Shute Shield team list or one from any Subbies for quite some time. I mentioned Sefenaia because he is a current Rugby player. Also remember that in Manly they only have 4 junior clubs, Raiders, Roos and Harlequins and Forest. Therefore their catchment is a pond as opposed to a pool out 2Blues way.

O

Ole Two Blue

Woodhouse is an interesting one. Went to Scots then Easts and now Manly. If he isfrom out your way I wonder why he went to a school in the Eastern Suburbs. Fungalei, well what rugbyis he playing now? I haven't seen his name in a Shute Shield team list or one from any Subbies for quite some time. I mentioned Sefenaia because he is a current Rugby player. Also remember that in Manly they only have 4 junior clubs, Raiders, Roos and Harlequins and Forest. Therefore their catchment is a pond as opposed to a pool out 2Blues way.

Lily Woodhouse is from Hawkesbury. He played for Parramatta in all rep teams from U/10-U/16. He was selected for Sydney U/16s and from there he ended up at Scots. The mind boggles how that happened!
Fungalei went to Wests after leaving Uni where he played less than half a season and pretty much hasn't been sighted since. I do know that Parra have made several attempts to convince him to come back. You r guess is as good as mine as to why he's not playing

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It is a real tricky little situation trying to "claim" players based on junior village club/district allegiances.

They change so often. Kids from Newport go to Kings in North Parramatta.

Kids from Northern Beaches go to Scots.

Hobbits go to Waverley in Randwick/Easts area.

Country kids board at city schools, and some play for local clubs while they are at school in the city.

Politics within clubs sometimes "force" parents to change Districts/clubs.

Kids are sometimes "enticed" to change clubs/districts for all sorts of reasons. That enticement is sometimes driven by family perceptions of advantage of the change. Sometimes that enticement is due to the persuasive skills of the receiving club.

Almost no absolutes. Guaranteed to raise a healthy debate.

O

Ole Two Blue

nothing to do with the sporting scholarships to gps schools, which of course, do not exist in any way shape or form.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Players move on ,not only geographically , but also culturally & socially.
Also , junior players don't necessarily identify strongly with the senior club to which they are affiliated , & don't therefore have , as a consequence , a
sense of "belonging to or being part of " the senior club when they leave school & progress to colts & grade football.
It happens in every club.

latrell247

Chris McKivat (8)
ok I'll play. I'm sure there's other players out there that other people will slot in. I've gone for a mixture of youth and experience. You'll see why...

1. David Lolohea
  2. Tatafu Polota Nau
  3. Vaughan Lomax
  4. Tom Heslop
  5. Sam Wykes
  6. Steve Mafi
  7. Rodney Ma'a
  8. Benn Melrose
  9. Jeremy Su'a
  10. Dave Harvey
  11. Jorge Tafua
  12. Jamal Idris
  13. Israel Folau
  14. Sisa Waqa
  15. Jake Woodhouse
this side could match it with anybody!

i too am keen to see what a West Harbour side would look like.....not too many of them are local juniors.
This team shows that only Ma'a is still at Parra, any other players still there? Isnt Andrew Cox a jnr?

O

Ole Two Blue

Players move on ,not only geographically , but also culturally & socially.
Also , junior players don't necessarily identify strongly with the senior club to which they are affiliated , & don't therefore have , as a consequence , a
sense of "belonging to or being part of " the senior club when they leave school & progress to colts & grade football.
It happens in every club.

Wow. How insightful. Thanks for sharing that. I would never have thought it!

Status
Not open for further replies.