• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

IF NZ and Aust meet ........

Status
Not open for further replies.

notapatrioticboneinme

Sydney Middleton (9)
Using "class above" is just rubbish. I'll bet the players don't think that, and neither should the fans.

Comprehensive enough?
Again your understanding of the term against mine. I imagine players of this level wouldn't have 'lack of confidence' as part of their personality profile; as for "neither should the fans", what a load of ........

Certainly verbose, and off-track at stages but a fine effort

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Again, i said 9, 11,13, and 14. You would pick the Australian before the NZ in these positions?
I can't agree Nonu over Giteau, so different skill sets, both so good; that's why I didn't mention the 12; same as the 10, not as obvious, to me, as the 9, 11, 13 and 14.

Really? I'd take SBW or Nonu over Gits. Different skill-set but I think Nonu/SBW is more suited to Test rugby.
I'd also take Carter, Barrett, Slade, or Cruden (if fit) over Foley - even after his superb game against England.

But Folau would own a wing spot if he was in NZ.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Pfitzy, LOL, my math seems to be better than your math.
2+1+1+4 ( the 9,11,13, and 14) = 8

Ha. LOL. Thanks for making yourself look even less intelligent than before. Its a measure of my restraint that I still refer to you without insults at this point, but then you probably wouldn't understand them anyway.

Try reading your own post again, right at the top of this thread, where YOU typed the following:
Backs; NZ a class above Aust, especially 9, 11, 13, and 14
IMO

YOU said the backs are a class above. That is 7 fucking positions, in addition to the 4 forwards you indicated, which makes 11. The fact that 4 positions is especially or not has nothing to fucking do with it once you've dropped that pile of shit on the table.

:rolleyes:

Say one thing, then that it means something else the next day.

o_O

Are you one of my managers?

notapatrioticboneinme

Sydney Middleton (9)
YOU said the backs are a class above. That is 7 fucking positions, in addition to the 4 forwards you indicated, which makes 11. The fact that 4 positions is especially or not has nothing to fucking do with it once you've dropped that pile of shit on the table.
?
The backs as a whole are a 'class above" the Australian backs, doesn't mean every position

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Well, the SKY Sport NZ isn´t agree with you. They have picked more Wallabies than Kiwis in their favorite team:

:D:D:D

Sio, Kepu, Douglas, Fardy, Pocok, Foley and Giteau
vs
Aaron and Ben Smith

:p

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Well, the NZ Media isn´t agree with you. They have picked more Wallabies than Kiwis in their favorite team

tumblr_inline_my8r8wUwMr1rllgme.gif

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
I actually have a funny feeling it's going to be South Africa and us in the final. You heard it here first.

Stranger things have happened mate ;)

How good has this world cup been?.......bloody amazing I say! Hollywood couldn't have written a better script, between the Japs knocking the Saffa's off in the first round, the Poms getting buggered on their front lawn in front of their mother, the French set to meet the Darkness in the QTRS at Cardiff, the French Revolt MKII, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and his long time friend........how the heck is this all going to end? Would it be too much to ask for an AUS v NZ final with Sir Ritchie carded in the 79th minute for repeated offside offenses at the ruck.....only to have QC (Quade Cooper) trot up and slot the match winning penalty between the posts......oh, a man can dream....the drama of it all!!

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Stranger things have happened mate ;)

Well looking at the poor games from South Africa this year against Japan and Argentina, two key culprits for the loss are gone in De Villers and Matfield.

Other guys are more then capable of stepping up and putting in world class performances - Bismark, Shaulk, Louw.

Their locks are world class, Eben is a beast and De Jager is in fine form.

Their centre pairing in De Allende and Kriel in my opinion is the scariest centre pairing in the comp. De Allende has poor defensive reads at times, but he CAN tackle so he will get better each game.

Du Prezz and Pollard are playing well enough. I don't rate their back 3 much but they are all experienced and can get the job done.

notapatrioticboneinme

Sydney Middleton (9)
Pfitzy, your misunderstanding of my Opost seems to stem from my use of the word, "backs" instead of 'backline', and 'especially' could have thrown you off also. I meant the backline as a unit, otherwise I would have mentioned the undecideds (IMO) of 10, 12 and 15.
My misunderstanding of your position wasn't helped by your 1st post in this thread, "Fuck. Why would we even bother beating Scotland given NZ are "a class above" in every fucking position?" which even to the easily misled can't be made from my Opost

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Would it be too much to ask for an AUS v NZ final with Sir Ritchie carded in the 79th minute for repeated offside offenses at the ruck...only to have QC (Quade Cooper) trot up and slot the match winning penalty between the posts.

I am pretty sure QC (Quade Cooper) will not be wearing a Wallaby jumper again, at least at this tournament, if Foley and the rest of the backline remain fit.

But if it is an NZ v Au final then I hope he starts.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
I know. It could be an Argentina France final for all we know. Fun to speculate though.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
I am pretty sure QC (Quade Cooper) will not be wearing a Wallaby jumper again, at least at this tournament, if Foley and the rest of the backline remain fit.

But if it is an NZ v Au final then I hope he starts.

Oh.....look at that! A Kiwi has gone and pissed on a Wallaby fan's dreams......now that never happens ;)

My comment was tongue in cheek, I'll give you that but just in case you didn't catch this weeks Wallaby team.....

http://www.rugby.com.au/News/NewsAr...Cup-2015-Wallabies-team-to-face-Scotland.aspx

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Oh...look at that! A Kiwi has gone and pissed on a Wallaby fan's dreams..now that never happens ;)

My comment was tongue in cheek, I'll give you that but just in case you didn't catch this weeks Wallaby team...

http://www.rugby.com.au/News/NewsAr...Cup-2015-Wallabies-team-to-face-Scotland.aspx

Yeah I know. But I don't think Scotland will cause you too much trouble and I certainly don't think he will be subbed on to get the team out of trouble if it goes to shit during the game.

It is hard to get a droll comment across on an online forum. Never quite sure which emoticon to use to show it is not entirely serious or just mildly stirring.

Still hoping for Cooper to start against the ABs if we make the finals.:rolleyes:

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Pocock / Read that is like comparing Hooper / Pocock - they play different types of games, Read isnt in there getting steals, and Pocock isn't running out wide like Read.
It is the same Hooper / Pocock comparison - i alway had Hooper in 7 because he hadn't deserved to loose it. And even if we had the world XV # 8 playing splitting the 2 would come down to game plan and opposition because they are different.

World 15 - the games that we've seen Pooper, gee they would both be in my side given 4, 5, 6 can be selected world wide.

The threas - up the ANZAC's it is long over due.

Status
Not open for further replies.