• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Injury recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
Last year I did my ACL playing on the wing in a fourth division subbies game (two weeks before my wedding) because I'm an elite athlete and that just comes with the territory. I'm about 5 months since surgery, and my surgeon reckons I can play again once I'm a year post-op.
I just wanted to check if anyone here had done a knee and gone back to playing (particularly as a back), and whether you had any practical tips that I might not be getting from my physio. Apologies if there's an existing thread for this - it really doesn't warrant its own.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Of the 8 knees (not counting the choccy lab) we have had 6 reconstructions in my family.
I can give you the name of a physio attached to the Sydney orthopaedic research institute (or similar) who do a series of tests using equipment to tell you if you’re ready to return. I think it’s about $200 but it buys some peace of mind.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
Of the 8 knees (not counting the choccy lab) we have had 6 reconstructions in my family.
I can give you the name of a physio attached to the Sydney orthopaedic research institute (or similar) who do a series of tests using equipment to tell you if you’re ready to return. I think it’s about $200 but it buys some peace of mind.

Mate that would be really useful, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.