• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Input needed: Rugby Caricatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Fellas,

Muppet is working on some Aussie rugby caricatures (cartoon drawings) of some key Aussie rugby players.

What we need are funny/witty speech bubbles or captions to go with them. See below:

I've been doodling and I have the following likenesses that I'm keen to put into a couple of pics. This time I want to incorporate some speech and some gags and this is where you come in.

1. It won't be a comic strip per se, so the gag or dialogue should take up only one (two max) speech bubbles.
2. It can't be too topical, i.e. it must still be understandable/funny next year, year after etc

See what you can do with the following:

Backs:

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Berrick
Digby
Drew
Genia
Giteau
J O'Conner
Kurtley
Mortlock
Quade

Forwards:

Baxter
Ben A
Ben R
Horwell
Moore
Palu
Pocock
Rocky
Sharpe
TPN
Waugh

Think on!

Cheers

Col (Muppet)

Ideas?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Have the drawings been completed? Or will they be developed to suit the dialogue? I imagine that will have an impact on what people come up with, as context is difficult without knowing what the players will be doing in the caricature.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Have the drawings been completed? Or will they be developed to suit the dialogue? I imagine that will have an impact on what people come up with, as context is difficult without knowing what the players will be doing in the caricature.

Not completed, so can be done around your idea

Could involve more than one of them at a time I'd guess

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
maybe a T-square or something architectural for baxter

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s jersey should have several crossed out numbers with all his back positions and one left.

drewster the rooster in a chicken suit?

gits with either a beret, skinny mustache, and a baguette or a clipboard that says "coach" and a whistle.

agree w quade twitter 4 sho

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Will Genia: "Full credit to the boys, game of two halves, cliche cliche etc."

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)
Baxter with full on black cape and pointed hat "Master of the dark arts."

Beale "My mum says my mustache makes me look really grown up and tough."

TPN singing with Afro and full pimp gear "Who is the man who will risk his neck for his brother man. SHAFT, can you dig it."

Mortlock "And I would have gotten away with too if it wasn't for you damn kids."

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
How about Bam Bam at a fairground in some sort of strongman event.
Maybe arm wrestling all challenges for a dollar or hitting the sledgehammer into that vertical thingy but breaking it.

sevenpointdropgoal

Larry Dwyer (12)
Baxter; "How might we think, from an architectural and humanistic perspective, about the alterity of certain spaces? A suggestive approach is offered by Michel Foucault's notion of 'heterotopia'. In his brief and somewhat curious discussion of the concept, Foucault proposes the heterotopia as a site that undoes the usual order of space. It's meaning turns on the contrast with the idea of a utopia - an ideal space which has no actual location, which remains unrealized, imaginary. Like the utopia the heterotopia runs counter to the concept of existing social arrangements within conventional space, but unlike it, the figure of the heterotopia refers to the idealization of real space."

Status
Not open for further replies.