• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ioane ruled out of Scots clash

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)
This is not what I planned to find when looking for some late info on the weekend matches.

The idea of a centre combination of Cooper & Cross even two weeks ago would have been pure madness.. .and now we have no choice but those two? ? ?

Holy McFriggin Cow.

Australia centre Digby Ioane was on Friday ruled out of Saturday's November international against Scotland with a shoulder injury.

The 24-year-old Queensland star has suffered a shoulder injury and is replaced in the starting line-up by Western Force's Ryan Cross.

The injury is to Ioane's right shoulder, rather than the left which required reconstruction earlier this year and sidelined him for six months.

Lachlan Turner takes Cross' place on the bench, meaning the Wallabies have now made two changes from Sunday's 20-20 draw in Ireland.

Australia: revised 15 Adam Ashley-Cooper, 14 Peter Hynes, 13 Ryan Cross, 12 Quade Cooper, 11 Drew Mitchell, 10 Matt Giteau, 9 Will Genia, 8 Wycliff Palu, 7 George Smith, 6 Rocky Elsom (c), 5 Mark Chisholm, 4 James Horwill, 3 Ben Alexander, 2 Stephen Moore, 1 Benn Robinson.
Replacements: 16 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 17 Sekope Kepu, 18 Dean Mumm, 19 Richard Brown, 20 Luke Burgess, 21 Lachie Turner, 22 James O'Connor.

Date: Saturday, November 21
Venue: Murrayfield
Kick-off: 17.15 GMT
Referee: Romain Poite (France)
Assistant referees: Nigel Owens (Wales), Jérôme Garces (France)
Television match officials: Graham Hughes (England)
Assessor: Tappe Henning (South Africa

someone wake me up - I'm having my second bad dream.
The first was after QC (Quade Cooper) was quoted as saying he thought he kicked well...

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
No surprises there. Now we'll see how hard Cross has to work to score as many as he concedes :)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
prefer Cross (who I thought looked good when he came on v ENG and was very good v Glous apparently) than moving AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and having JOC (James O'Connor) at 15 which I expected to be the change.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
going to have to disagree noddy, Cross does nothing for me. Deans should move AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to 13, n either mitchell fullback turner wing or JOC (James O'Connor) fullback. IMO that is a more effective backline but i guess AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is finally going to be the cemented fullback n stay their for a while, which in the long run may pay off.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Seb V said:
going to have to disagree noddy, Cross does nothing for me. Deans should move AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to 13, n either mitchell fullback turner wing or JOC (James O'Connor) fullback. IMO that is a more effective backline but i guess AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is finally going to be the cemented fullback n stay their for a while, which in the long run may pay off.

Yep, Cross is absolute toilet.

I'm annoyed AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is punished for his versatility. We need our best line breaker at 13 where he belongs, even if it does take a crow bar to get him to pass.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The more I see of JOC (James O'Connor), the less I want to see him on the park for the Wallabies. He looks like a kid from a shampoo commercial.

I'd have picked Tyrone Smith at 13 and left AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 15. I don't like Cross and I'd much rather see AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13, but its a bit of a Mother Hubbard situation at 15 at the moment.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
well that's damn unfortunate. hard to build the "ideal" combos we all want when every week some part of it is injured. all this rotation is concerning. back to more of the same filling of the gaps....

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
agree with noddy. I'm glad deans is keeping AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in the same spot and not reshuffling the backs too much. plus no JOC (James O'Connor).

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
People are such drama queens. We are into our third-choice centre pairing now: what can we expect. And this is Scotland, our weakest opponent on tour. It is not the end of the world.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
louie said:
I'm glad deans is keeping AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in the same spot and not reshuffling the backs too much.

Absolutely lou - I seem to remember conversations on here about our backlines being shuffled around. Now we're getting what we want!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
NTA said:
louie said:
I'm glad deans is keeping AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in the same spot and not reshuffling the backs too much.

Absolutely lou - I seem to remember conversations on here about our backlines being shuffled around. Now we're getting what we want!

+ 1

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I thought Cross was good when he came on the park against the Poms, provided the go-forward ball by running over the top of Jonny W in the midfield for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s try.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
provided the go-forward ball by running over the top of Jonny W in the midfield for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s try.

Yeah that was a sweet bump dropped the hip mid stride text book stuff very Steve Menzies like.

Status
Not open for further replies.