• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

IRB Rankings for 2011 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Cutter said:
Yep, they played well that day (in Melbourne I think). Cohen ran past a very flat Latham which cost Latham his RWC starting spot. After a bit of an earlier dust up, Lewsey also crunched Rogers and broke ribs. I never liked Rogers and was glad to see him smashed.
Gee, Cutter, a bit harsh enjoying seeing someone get broken ribs! No matter how much I like a player or not, never nice to see someone get injured.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So where does everyone sit after the weekend. No change, since all top 3 won? Can anyone who understands the system of ranking decipher it?

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
cyclopath said:
Cutter said:
Yep, they played well that day (in Melbourne I think). Cohen ran past a very flat Latham which cost Latham his RWC starting spot. After a bit of an earlier dust up, Lewsey also crunched Rogers and broke ribs. I never liked Rogers and was glad to see him smashed.
Gee, Cutter, a bit harsh enjoying seeing someone get broken ribs! No matter how much I like a player or not, never nice to see someone get injured.

I dont ever like seeing players injured. I was glad Rogers was tackled heavily though. The injury is a separate point.

T

TOCC

cyclopath said:
So where does everyone sit after the weekend. No change, since all top 3 won? Can anyone who understands the system of ranking decipher it?
should be no change, South Africa should add a bit more to there points since they scored such a big win against England, also since England are ranked pretty high.

Austrlalia probably wont pick up as many points as South Africa did, since the win wasnt as big and it was against a side ranked lower.

Argentina may drop down, dont think so though since the game they lost was away against ireland.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Argentina could have dropped down, as the margin of their loss to us was big enough. The other results saved them, I think.

Which, of course, means that we're going to get them in the pool again.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
iRB rankings just released:

1(1) NEW ZEALAND 92.43
2(2) SOUTH AFRICA 89.45
3(3) AUSTRALIA 87.34
4(4) ARGENTINA 81.56
5(5) ENGLAND 81.11
6(7) WALES 79.55
7(6) FRANCE 79.49
8(8) IRELAND 78.45
9(9) SCOTLAND 76.76
10(10) FIJI 75.24
11(11) ITALY 74.64
12(12) SAMOA 72.57
13(13) TONGA 70.05

Woo hoo, top four from the SH. The Pomlandians have booked an appointment with the ABs to get new clackers inserted this Saturday and thus fall further behind (gettit?) the Argies. That's going to hurt. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

M

Mainlander

Scarfman said:
Mainlander, I think your semis are off.

01. New Zealand 92.41
02. South Africa 88.45
03. Australia 86.70
04. Argentina 82.82
05. England 82.11
06. France 80.13
07. Wales 79.58
08. Ireland 77.18

QTRS designed to be 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5.

So that would be: New Zealand v Ireland, South Africa v Wales, Australia v France, Argentina v England.

The SEMIS are 1v4, 2v3.

So that would be Winner (New Zealand v Ireland) v Winner (Argentina v England), and Winner (South Africa v Wales) v Winner (Australia v France).

So, we would expect New Zealand to play Argentina or England and Australia play South Africa.

But I think the December 1 draw will produce a few interesting match-ups in the pool stages.
Sorry I've been incomunicado for over a week.

Not sure your right Scarf as England would already have been in the AB's pool (1st and 5th) and that normally indicates they go to the other side of the draw so Semi wont be 1v4 but 1v3 or 1v2.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Lindommer said:
iRB rankings just released:

1(1) NEW ZEALAND 92.43
2(2) SOUTH AFRICA 89.45
3(3) AUSTRALIA 87.34
4(4) ARGENTINA 81.56
5(5) ENGLAND 81.11
6(7) WALES 79.55
7(6) FRANCE 79.49
8(8) IRELAND 78.45
9(9) SCOTLAND 76.76
10(10) FIJI 75.24
11(11) ITALY 74.64
12(12) SAMOA 72.57
13(13) TONGA 70.05

Woo hoo, top four from the SH. The Pomlandians have booked an appointment with the ABs to get new clackers inserted this Saturday and thus fall further behind (gettit?) the Argies. That's going to hurt. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Apparently Wales jumped over England and France into 5th spot following their win over the Wallabies and the Poms loss to the All Blacks. I am still unclear how the draw will be done, it sounds like it will be names from a hat: 1 name from teams 1-4, 1 name from teams 5-8 and so on until their are 5 teams in each of the 4 pools.

Status
Not open for further replies.