• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

IRB Sevens 2013/14 - Round 7 Hong Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Clarkies Boy restarts. PK to CAN for deliberate knockdown.
Kicked downfield for CAN lineout.
Error CAN . Aus scrum in CAN territory. Grind it up into 22, and 11. Alex Gibbon gets meat off Clarkies Boy. Aus 5 - CAN 5.
Clarkies Boy adds the extras for Gold to take the Lead Aus 7 CAN 5. 4:17 left.
CAN kick back into Aus Goal line. Clarkies Boy kicks down field. CAN Lineout midway 22m and 1/2 way line.

CAN penalised for not releasing ball in the tackle. Aus tap and go. Aus knock on - bugger. CAN Scrum 2:44 left. Will it come down to the conversion?

CAN grind it up to Aus 10 metre line and win lineout.
CAN an win lineout (and probably the game) by spreading the pill wide from the lineout. Meat and chopsticks for Red. CAN 12 Aus 7 - 1 minute to go. Shizzen!! Warning - Danger Will Robinson!!!

Wow. From the Kickoff, it's gathered by Pakalani to Clarkies Boy to 10. Paul Asquith for meat and chopsticks. Clarkies boy adds the extras after the siren. Aus 14 Can 12.

Very lucky to win that one. Canada very impressive.

Gold vs Black in the Semis, and Fiji Wizards vs Soap Dodgers on the other side of the draw.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Well done Thunderbolts for making the SF but it ends there: another classic NZ v Fiji GF coming up.

We'll see. Chickens and Accountants.

The Darkness had to work a little too hard for their victory over the Septics. It would have been better for us if they had won convincingly in some form of walkover. They will be very keen to win and win well in their semi vs the Good Guys.

Have we got enough in the tank? The reality is Canada could have so easily progressed to the Semi but in the same breath, there should be no complacency in the Thunderbolts camp. Not only do we need to hang on to the pill, but it needs to be moved around the defence to make the gaps for the gazelles to zip through said gap when it opens ever so temporarily.

The AIG's will not be sending any invitations to lunch with a Four'n'Twenty 'n' sauce. We will have to work bloody hard for any points from NZL.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The commentators saying Stitch (Sir Tich) was coaching NZ 7's before the latest recruit Akira Ioane was born.

Some of us saw Akira I play for the Junior Darkness vs the Aus Schoolboys at Knox last year in the Schoolboy "Test".

Whatever happened to Declan O'Donnell and Joe the halfback from Hamilton Boys HS? The former was in the 7's first year out of school, and the latter while he was at School. They both looked to be fairly good players.

If you blokes don't want them anymore, I know a couple of footy loving brickies out my way that are looking for some extra "labourers". <wink> <wink>

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Russia v Japan. Hong Kong vs Italy. Some of these minnows games are bloody good games of footy. Skill level is not quite the same as we see from the big boys, but for passion and pure entertainment value they are as good as any of Top tier games.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
The commentators saying Stitch (Sir Tich) was coaching NZ 7's before the latest recruit Akira Ioane was born.

Some of us saw Akira I play for the Junior Darkness vs the Aus Schoolboys at Knox last year in the Schoolboy "Test".

Whatever happened to Declan O'Donnell and Joe the halfback from Hamilton Boys HS? The former was in the 7's first year out of school, and the latter while he was at School. They both looked to be fairly good players.

If you blokes don't want them anymore, I know a couple of footy loving brickies out my way that are looking for some extra "labourers". <wink> <wink>

IIRC O'Donnell signed for the Highlanders for 2013 & 14 but has yet to play due to one or more injury. Not sure about the other bloke but do vaguely recall him. Your brickie mates should maybe go to Fiji or Samoa for their next holiday, plenty of big strong boys who can carry a hod & keep work-fit playing a bit of footy... hang on, I think ARU have beaten them to it.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Lazy me. one google. The other fellow was Joe Webber. IIRC he was also in NZ Schoolboys, the year that Stitch selected him for NZ 7's.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
NZ 19-7, good effort Aus but just not quite there. Shame the Poms had to spoil the party by taking out Fiji but looking on the bright side I think we go back to leading the series even if the rugby gods decide to shit on us & let boring as all fuck England win.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
England are boring, but they know how to win. Pick some big strong forwards, and some very quick backs.

The rest takes care of itself, more or less.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
@ HJ what's the cutoff date for the Top 4 to auto-qualify for Rio? If it's this year you've left your run a bit late but shouldn't have too much difficulty qualifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.