• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

IRB Try of the Year 2010 - voting open

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Beale loses this one by passing off for JOC (James O'Connor) to score. If he'd scored it himself, I think he'd piss in.

My fave is the Jane kick to Mils, or the Argies draw and pass team try.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
I would vote for JOC (James O'Connor)'s or Carters.

The fiji try is pretty awesome as well along with the namibia try

Apostle

Peter Burge (5)
As much as it pains me to say it, I reckon Ashton's try against us will win it, if only purely because thousands of English supporters will vote for it.

If only Gilbert had scored that incredible solo try against Wales, I reckon it would have been a shoe-in, though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-WToBvnVw8
The sheer speed he showed when the ball was coming down from his initial kick is phenomenal - it's like he is on fast forward.

Some great tries in that Telegraph link, Barbarian - some of those were definitely better than the IRB 'best try' ones.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I still think that try against england where digby makes the break (and I think gits scores), is the best I've seen this year.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
A great line up, but I'm with the Barbarian, the Tele's list is even better. Some of those club tries are pretty special, but none better than the Stormers against the Choyfs.

Ham

Sydney Middleton (9)
The IRB list is a bit of a cop out to the Northern Hemisphere. There are some very average tries there by Wales that are beaten hands down by any of our tries against France.

I was impressed with some of the women's tries, but won't be voting for one because of the shonky defence.

As much as it hurts the Muliaina try against us after the freak Cory Jane kick probably deserves the win. Adam Ashley-Cooper a close second.

Status
Not open for further replies.