• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ireland NZ Tour 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
FXBS8rcUcAIg179

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
If Kaino and Retallick are any indication, then Tuipulotu is going to be seriously undercooked for test rugby. Yet another start for sleepy old Taylor hardly inspires confidence.

On the other hand, looking forward to seeing Fakatava get a run.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
If Kaino and Retallick are any indication, then Tuipulotu is going to be seriously undercooked for test rugby. Yet another start for sleepy old Taylor hardly inspires confidence.

On the other hand, looking forward to seeing Fakatava get a run.
I think maybe Taylor starting as a good scrumming hooker, and also probably not want to change more than needed? Really not too many arguments considering injuries etc. Lineouts will be a little interesting, but will not be surprised to sped up ones on ABs throw, and noone is quite like Sam W for defensive lineouts anyway, so won't replace that.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think maybe Taylor starting as a good scrumming hooker, and also probably not want to change more than needed? Really not too many arguments considering injuries etc. Lineouts will be a little interesting, but will not be surprised to sped up ones on ABs throw, and noone is quite like Sam W for defensive lineouts anyway, so won't replace that.

I have a feeling under the roof the ABs will be looking to avoid lineouts and keep the ball in play and tempo high.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ireland: Hugo Keenan, Mack Hansen, Garry Ringrose, Robbie Henshaw, James Lowe, Johnny Sexton (c), Jamison Gibson-Park; Caelan Doris, Josh van der Flier, Peter O’Mahony, James Ryan, Tadhg Beirne, Tadhg Furlong, Dan Sheehan, Andrew Porter. Reserves: Rob Herring, Cian Healy, Finlay Bealham, Kieran Treadwell, Jack Conan, Conor Murray, Joey Carbery, Bundee Aki.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Anyone else find it exceedingly odd that Sexton fails an HIA one week then gets named to play the next?
I have thought on it, he failed a HIA test, but not a concussion test? It's only concussion that require stand down? I haven't actually read that he was concussed. That's about my take on it anyway.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Anyone else find it exceedingly odd that Sexton fails an HIA one week then gets named to play the next?
It's because Ireland haven't produced a flyhalf besides Sexton in 15 years Mr Velociraptor.

I expect many a young developing flyhalf is accosted by desperate Irish scouts quizzing them on their ancestry and assuring said player that the Irish weather isnt really that bad.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's joke Sexton is still going around, bloke already plays like 30% of games for Leinster and when he does play either for them or Ireland he gets injured 75% of the time.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yes very happy with the intent - just the execution needs work.
Was interested to see on a clip put up on internet (about a completely different thing) at the end you see Michael Hooper doing a cleanout that looked very similar to Barretts, straight into head/shoulder area etc, but like Barretts , I never saw it as a card.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well as I suspected it seems Sexton was never found to have concussion, the first HIA only shows that there could be concussion.

The HIA is World Rugby’s three-step process to identifying a concussion.

The in-game HIA 1 identifies a suspected concussion, which leads to a player being removed from a game.

But a failed HIA 1 is only officially recognised as a concussion if a player fails a more substantive HIA 2 after the match and the HIA 3, which takes place between 36-48 hours later.

I don't think there realli is too much underhand stuff and does seem probably reasonable to me, as most Drs can't identify concussion in 15 minutes.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Must be cold in Dunners tonight the way Goldie, Reado, Honey & SirJK are rugged up plus someone's left a window open, notes/ scripts in danger of getting airborne.

Status
Not open for further replies.