• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ireland V Argies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Thomond78 said:
The first test I ever saw was the 1984 Wobblies v. Ireland. And what I remember of that team, all the way up until 1992, was that there was a team that knew their jobs. They made sure their backs never, ever, had to face uncommitted forwards hanging around loose. And their favourite method of so doing was an outstanding maul.

And they didn't have 5 fucking seconds to get it right I might add. I agree Thomo - mauls "old school" with no lollygagging or refs who can't determine what "forward progress" is or isn't.

Ash said:
Unless, of course, we would be seeing a replay of Argentina tactics in the World Cup: 15m passes back into the 22 to simply kick it out.

Yeah one thing I don't miss: seeing a lineout form on the 40m defending line; jump at 2; ball to halfback; two steps and a spiral to the flyhalf standing 20m out, one step and BOOM - ball goes out on halfway. :lmao:

You might as well have mauled it to halfway and grubbered it out, right Oirish? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.