• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.D

Stan Wickham (3)
Heard amongst the crowd last week one of the Oakhill second rowers is contemplating getting a calf tattoo in "camp" this week. Possibly to create a much needed aggressive brand image in wake of the big battle @ Breen this Saturday. It is my belief calf tattoos are much underrated in schoolboy rugby, disappointed not to see more these days

Ah yes I do recall a pats second rower sporting a calf tattoo last year. I noticed an incredible increase in performance post-tat.

Front In Out

Bob McCowan (2)
Got some inside that the player who was growling and barking at players has been asked to leave his school, such a bad loss, he won't be missed

Ruck.n.Maul

Frank Row (1)
rubbish, bring back the biff

L.D.

I seriously hope you are joking about "bringing back the biff" schoolboy rugby is no place for fighting. A player from Stannies (which read about previously in the thread) has already been punished for fighting and we do not want any more complaints within the ISA.

If there is any chance of the ISA, CAS and GPS comps being merged, I would think that CAS and GPS would not want to playing against schools in a comp that are notorious for fighting and being "grubs".

RnM

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
The school that finished on the bottom of their division would be relegated;

I would love to see a competition encompassing all the associations. It would benefit the players, the schools and especially Australian Rugby.

But there are several factors holding it up. Central to which is promotion/relegation in the normal sense is unworkable. For example, you have a year 12 dominated 1st XV that is smashing the daylights out of all comers. They win the comp and the school is promoted. Sadly the 16's coming through have struggled in their current comp and will now be expected to play even better teams next year.

The cyclical nature of school rugby means you need to find a way to resolve this dilemma before it ever gets off the ground. Travel and fresh reserves would also provide significant challenges.

I put an idea on the Combined AAPGS/CAS Competition thread (post #45 - page 3) Not sure if it's perfect but it could be a starting point.

I don't know if the AAGPS needs to be involved. But as the expanded competition starts developing talent and the results of rep games start trending in a different direction, they may rethink the idea.

S

sweetchilli philli

Hot Chip's(Tips) for Round 4 ISA
Hey #sweetchillination! looking to make a weekly preview of all the rounds fixtures with that little bit of Sweet chilli sauce you all know and love.

Game 1: Auggies V Gregs
I expect this to be the most leaguey game played all year so my interest in this one is minimal however will be good to hear if the much hyped Gregs centres can contain the clinical backline St Augustine's wheel out week in and out. I’m afraid i'm not bold enough to call an upset in this one or another 50 point margin. i expect this to be Auggies Third big win on the trott.
Estimated scoreline 42:0 Auggies Win
Sweet chilli’s 3 keys
  1. Look for the Augustines wingers to end the day with plenty of tries each
  2. Look for the aggressive Gregs centres to step up
  3. Look for an attempted play the ball

St. Pat’s vs Oakhill
To think this match is not taking the sauce for match of the round for me just highlights the depth and quality of the ISA competition!! This match is also proving to be a bit of a secret sauce for me. I am expecting to be an absolute ripper and has the potential to be an all-time classic of the ISA competition. From what I have been told both teams enjoy throwing the ball around and have some great attacking weapons. I believe the rugby lovers who make their way down to Breen Oval will be treated to some great running rugby so expect a lot of points!!! Both teams have struggled to find early season form which makes tipping this match a real head-scratcher. Being on Breen Oval will make the task for the Boys from Castlehill difficult but I am backing them to continue their dominance over the Pat’s boys.
Estimated Score: 33-31
Sweet Chill’s 3 Keys:
1. A big and physical forward pack from Golden Shoulders
2. Enterprising Rugby with Breen Oval being showered in tries
3. Both teams being treated to a brilliant afternoon tea

Game 3: Stannies V Kinross
The game of the round this one gets my sauce spicy. Despite the seeming mismatch on paper we know this game can and will swing either way. Kinross will be lead around by my man crush Donnie Freeman comes from good stock and leads with great pride for his college. However the big three from Stannies Hunter ”gather” Ward, Yool ”Yool” Yool, Bo Abra lead them around the park phenomenally this core group of players returning from last years side. The security concerns couldn't keep me away from this one and i'm just hoping both teams can put last year behind them and play the game the right way.
Estimated scoreline: 6:9 Stannies win
Sweet Chilli’s 3 keys
  1. Look for Donnie Freeman to show Stannies that he owns this side of the mountains
  2. Look for Bo Abra to score at least one pie for himself
  3. Stannies Fan’s for man of the match

In summary another spectacular day for the mighty ISA Rugby community who are enjoying what in my opinion is shaping up to be one of the tightest competitions in years

#Stay saucy my peeps

L.D

Stan Wickham (3)
Estimated scoreline: 6:9 Stannies win
Sweet Chilli’s 3 keys
  1. Look for Donnie Freeman to show Stannies that he owns this side of the mountains
  2. Look for Bo Abra to score at least one pie for himself
  3. Stannies Fan’s for man of the match

In summary another spectacular day for the mighty ISA Rugby community who are enjoying what in my opinion is shaping up to be one of the tightest competitions in years

#Stay saucy my peeps

With an expected scoreline of 6:9 I'm not too sure Bo will be able to score his meat pie

S

sweetchilli philli

L.D. as the proud member of #sweetchillination you should know that the expected score is an approx. i compel you to live by my motto and #StaySaucy

Tah123

Herbert Moran (7)
Sweetchilli philli - you maybe correct on your preview, but there is one key point I would like your comment on.
It is my belief that the pack that comes out on top, and therefore 9 times out of 10 lays the platform for the victory, is the pack that has more players sporting the "old style headwear" as opposed to headgear or nothing at all. By "old style headwear" I simply mean tape around the noggin, with the best style being the thick white tape with a thin black tape accessory. Oaks tend to this the best - every year they come out of the sheds and 3 or 4 of their pigs have the tape around the head (think Steve Cutler from the 80s). For this reason I'm favouring Oaks at Breen on Saturday.
Thoughts anyone?

DinkyDieDingo

Bob McCowan (2)
But there are several factors holding it up. Central to which is promotion/relegation in the normal sense is unworkable. For example, you have a year 12 dominated 1st XV that is smashing the daylights out of all comers. They win the comp and the school is promoted. Sadly the 16's coming through have struggled in their current comp and will now be expected to play even better teams next year.

The cyclical nature of school rugby means you need to find a way to resolve this dilemma before it ever gets off the ground. Travel and fresh reserves would also provide significant challenges.

It is true that relegation/promotion will be an obstacle that needs to be overcome if ever there is to be a combined schools rugby comp. Having thought about it, I can think of one possible solution.

Because the Opens Grade is a combination of Years 11 and 12, the previous season's Opens results would be halved due to Year 12 students leaving. This would then be combined with the results of the previous season's U16s to obtain a rough understanding of the next season's Opens.

b_d14

Frank Row (1)
Sweetchilli philli - you maybe correct on your preview, but there is one key point I would like your comment on.
It is my belief that the pack that comes out on top, and therefore 9 times out of 10 lays the platform for the victory, is the pack that has more players sporting the "old style headwear" as opposed to headgear or nothing at all. By "old style headwear" I simply mean tape around the noggin, with the best style being the thick white tape with a thin black tape accessory. Oaks tend to this the best - every year they come out of the sheds and 3 or 4 of their pigs have the tape around the head (think Steve Cutler from the 80s). For this reason I'm favouring Oaks at Breen on Saturday.
Thoughts anyone?

I'd back that, and I have also found that haircuts can also be a contributing factor. I have found that fowards with shaved heads or "meat heads" tend to be physically dominant, and I'm sure Oakhill will have a few players sporting that style. If the 9 or 10 from Oakhill has a sleek, combed hair style then that can also increase their performance. Assuming Oakhill have these key decisive factors, I'd be backing Oakhill. #StaySaucy

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
@SweetChilli Philli

Your tips this week seem to be on the money as far as I'm concerned. It should be a great round of rugby in this glorious weather!

@L.D.

I agree with RnM, there is absolutely no place for "biffs" in schoolboy rugby. If a boy wants to start one I would think a spot in the 1sts would be the least of his worries...he may be finding a new school to sit the HSC at. It isn't the 70s anymore.

S

sweetchilli philli

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks for the shoutout Tah123, all jokes aside about head tape with the research on concussions that has recently swept the USA i would love nothing more then the seeing 30 guys run out in crash helmets.
#StaySaucy

L.D

Stan Wickham (3)
Thanks for the shoutout Tah123, all jokes aside about head tape with the research on concussions that has recently swept the USA i would love nothing more then the seeing 30 guys run out in crash helmets.

I forget to pick my kids up from school twice a week due to these so called "concussions" from schoolboy footy. No regrets at all mate, at least i didnt look soft

bulldog43

Frank Row (1)
Does anyone know what the injuries are like in the Kinross 1sts? Against Augustine's Donny Freeman came off with an ankle injury, I thought he might've broken it, the hooker and captain came off and the inside centre came off as well. Lots of blue shorts on the field by the end of the game.

Front In Out

Bob McCowan (2)
Does anyone know what the injuries are like in the Kinross 1sts? Against Augustine's Donny Freeman came off with an ankle injury, I thought he might've broken it, the hooker and captain came off and the inside centre came off as well. Lots of blue shorts on the field by the end of the game.

I know there were but there are also injuries for pats, many names who started the season, including their captain were not see on the weekend, some big losses but I don't think its anything the pats boys can't handle, should be a very interesting day for all Rugby matches this week.

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
I know there were but there are also injuries for pats, many names who started the season, including their captain were not see on the weekend, some big losses but I don't think its anything the pats boys can't handle, should be a very interesting day for all Rugby matches this week.
SPC 1st XV for today.
b9dcfb632ae2de85e3299b49515937d3.jpg

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
HT: Pats 10 Oaks 10

We have a fantastic game on our hands here. End to end action.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.