• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.D

Stan Wickham (3)
What trials are being played this weekend? I know Pats are playing local rivals Trinity in what is always a very interesting and hard fought game. Is is the Gregs/Pius playoff?

Yeah this week is the black and green shield between Trinity and Pats, should be a cracker as always. Gregs/Pius playoff, I reckon Gregs will take the cake, their forwards always seem to be lacking but their backs seem to have some serious talent so if the forwards can match Pius, I can't see Gregs losing. I also believe Oakhill plays Newington I think? I'm thinking Newington will show up Oakhill, heard they beat KWS before term break as well. Surely Auggies will be playing a GPS heavyweight, not sure about the country schools.

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
Yeah this week is the black and green shield between Trinity and Pats, should be a cracker as always. Gregs/Pius playoff, I reckon Gregs will take the cake, their forwards always seem to be lacking but their backs seem to have some serious talent so if the forwards can match Pius, I can't see Gregs losing. I also believe Oakhill plays Newington I think? I'm thinking Newington will show up Oakhill, heard they beat KWS before term break as well. Surely Auggies will be playing a GPS heavyweight, not sure about the country schools.

It should be a good weekend of rugby and the last hit out before the ISA comp starts next week. I will definitely try and get down to Summer Hill and see the Pats/Trinity game.

BAR

Chris McKivat (8)
Hanging out for the weekend's Rugby. ISA Division 2 kicks off this weekend with SACS vs Oxley, Redfield vs Chevalier and Central Coast Grammar vs All Saints.

I

insideball23

What trials are being played this weekend? I know Pats are playing local rivals Trinity in what is always a very interesting and hard fought game. Is is the Gregs/Pius playoff?

Pius v Gregs is happening this weekend with Pius looking strong in the firsts however a few notable changes to the starting lineup may cause havoc in the 2nds as well with a shortage of flyhalves and having to put a 3rds player in the 2nds at 10.

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
Glorious day of rugby in Summer Hill today with some very even matchups between Pats and Trinity.

The 1s were beaten by a very good Trinity side who had some very fast outside backs that will definitely be CAS contenders. Pats were never really looking like winning going down 29-10.

The 2s was the best game of the day with a hard fought 22-22 all draw. The last 5mins were nailbitting with both teams having attacking opportunities. The draw seemed like the fairest result with neither team deserving to loose.

Pats won 3s and 4s.

Trinity won 16A, 15A, 14A. Pats won the 13A match in a great come from behind victory.

In terms, of the Black and Green Shield, it looks like Pats will retain it thanks to victories in the lower grades.

A fantastic day of rugby but the Pats 1s will need a good week of training before coming against Kinross at Breen next weekend.

BAR

Chris McKivat (8)
On a lovely day for ISA Div 2 Rugby at St Andrew's Oval. SACS had a great start to the season with wins over Oxley in 13s, 14s, 15s and 1st XV (no 16s for SACS).

The SACS 13s were a smaller outfit than Oxley and were behind at the oranges but their fitness seemed to overcome size in the second half for a 17-12 final scoreline.

The SACS 14s took the lollies with a 22-17 scoreline in a seesawing match. Inexperience was evident for SACS in key positions but Oxley showed good composure to convert limited opportunities into points. They did a good job containing SACS, who dominated the field position for much of the match, and could have won with one or two different bounces of the ball.

The SACS 15s are a different team to the 2016 side (which couldn't win the toss) with a number of new faces who are experienced on the Rugby pitch (and a couple returning after a year away from the oval ball). The 15s dominated play, winning 27-5. Next weekend will be a real test for this team, up against Redfield College who are dominant in this age group.

The SACS 1st XV won the day 22-17. Unfortunately I couldn't stay for the whole match but the lead traded while I was there and it looked like it would be a good contest.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Hi guys,

If anybody wants to write on any of the ISA trials next weekend, whether they are playing against another ISA team or not, we could insert your report in a NSW Schools trials blog that we are publishing weekly until the competition season starts.

If you are interested please send me a convo by clicking on the "Inbox" button then "Start a new conversation"

Please don't mention it here.

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
Hi guys,

If anybody wants to write on any of the ISA trials next weekend, whether they are playing against another ISA team or not, we could insert your report in a NSW Schools trials blog that we are publishing weekly until the competition season starts.

If you are interested please send me a convo by clicking on the "Inbox" button then "Start a new conversation"

Please don't mention it here.

ISA Round 1 starts this weekend (no more trials)

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks for that - somebody said above that the Second Division was starting; so I assumed wrongly that the First Division wasn't.

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
Given that Oakhill play St Gregs is=t is safe to assume that Gregs won the play off over the weekend

That is a safe bet indeed.

Gregs 1s will play in the 1s comp
Pius 1s in the 2s comp (which I assume they will dominate)

Gregs won the 16A as well
Pius won 15A, 14A, 13A

On a side note, Oakhill only has a 15A and 15B which is very disappointing considering their size.

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
Anyone know how Kinross is looking this year?

They had a comfortable win against TAS 1sts (who play in the GPS 3s comp) last week as well as a loss against Newington in a trial. Other than that, I have heard good things about what's going on in Country NSW with both Stannies and Kinross looking to field strong teams this season. There are definitely no easy wins for any school this season.

Tram Tracks

Peter Burge (5)
In the interests of keeping up to date with results and looking at where each school is at hows about we post
1sts
2nds
16A

fixtures and results here as and when we can, as there is often a lag between game day and ISA website updates.

This weekend Augustines hosts Stannies. for Round 1.
Which other fixtures are on??

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
This weekend Augustines hosts Stannies. for Round 1.
Which other fixtures are on??

Good idea.

This week is:

Pats v Kinross
Oakhill v Greg's/Pius
Auggies v Stannies

Some intresting games there with the Auggies v Stannies match shaping up to be the match of the round. I'll be at beautiful Breen Oval to see how Pats shapes up against a Kinross team we haven't heard much about...

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Country Boys

Frank Row (1)
Results for Stannies Vs Cranbrook trials on the weekend

1st XV 69-20 Stannies win
2nd XV 58-3 Stannies win
3rd XV 71-0 Stannies win

Stannies look to have loads of depth for a school of 600-700 and looks like the first round against Auggies will be worth a watch.

Country Boys

Frank Row (1)
Stannies have now won against Trinity, Knox, Shore and Cranbrook in the 1st XV and lost to Barker by 14 with a team that looked as if it consisted of mainly 2nd's players. The 2nd XV also seem to be very strong.

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
Stannies have now won against Trinity, Knox, Shore and Cranbrook in the 1st XV and lost to Barker by 14 with a team that looked as if it consisted of mainly 2nd's players. The 2nd XV also seem to be very strong.
Looks like good things have happened on the other side of the mountains. The real test will be playing Auggies and oakhill away from home. Doing so gives them a real shot at the title.

L.D

Stan Wickham (3)

Any news on KWS?

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
Any news on KWS?
I posted earlier that they had a loss against Newington and a win against TAS last week. Not aware of any other trials. I have heard reports that there is some optimism in Orange though.

Status
Not open for further replies.