• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tram Tracks

Peter Burge (5)
Results just in:
Stannies won 1st XV vs oaks 61-19
Stannies won 2nd XV vs oaks 22-14
Stannies won 3rd XV vs oaks approx 22-5
Stannies won 16A vs oaks score unknown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O

Oak_Wood

16A's Stannies 26 - Oakhill 17. Very questionable refereeing performance by a Stannies father; e.g. No1: Oaks player just short of line & he immediately places ball over the line for a try, nope, penalty to Stannies. E.g. No2: Stannies Hooker consistently offside at breakdown (most times inline with Oaks half back). E.g.3 Stannies player punches Oaks prop at breakdown not once but twice in front of Referee, when Oaks prop try's to defend himself Referee tells Oaks player he will be sent off if he retaliates. Oaks Prop with suspected broken nose! This is a small sample of questionable decisions! Let me be the first to state that refs have it tough & perform the most thankless task and I for one are most thankful for their participation, without them we have no game. I went & thanked the ref for his time, as he walked off the field. However after reviewing the video of this game it really saddens me that a bunch of kids who bust their gut every week get shafted by a very questionable performance by the man in the middle. Congrats to Stannies 1st's a very powerful & skilled performance! Not many school teams could beat these lads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

I

insideball23

Pats got on top of Gregs with the help of the referee giving away 5 penalties to Pats within the opening 15 minutes

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
Pats got on top of Gregs with the help of the referee giving away 5 penalties to Pats within the opening 15 minutes
Being at the game the penalties seemed very even with both teams struggling with discipline. Pats were clearly the better team while Greg's lacked execution.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
16A's Stannies 26 - Oakhill 17. Very questionable refereeing performance by a Stannies father; e.g. No1: Oaks player just short of line & he immediately places ball over the line for a try, nope, penalty to Stannies. E.g. No2: Stannies Hooker consistently offside at breakdown (most times inline with Oaks half back). E.g.3 Stannies player punches Oaks prop at breakdown not once but twice in front of Referee, when Oaks prop try's to defend himself Referee tells Oaks player he will be sent off if he retaliates. Oaks Prop with suspected broken nose! This is a small sample of questionable decisions! Let me be the first to state that refs have it tough & perform the most thankless task and I for one are most thankful for their participation, without them we have no game. I went & thanked the ref for his time, as he walked off the field. However after reviewing the video of this game it really saddens me that a bunch of kids who bust their gut every week get shafted by a very questionable performance by the man in the middle. Congrats to Stannies 1st's a very powerful & skilled performance! Not many school teams could beat these lads!

[/quote]

Wonder if it was the same guy who did the Augustine's v Stannies 16As earlier on in the season.

No doubt the game was played on one of the back fields (presumably so that the school can say that they didn't see it)

O

Oak_Wood

Wonder if it was the same guy who did the Augustine's v Stannies 16As earlier on in the season.

No doubt the game was played on one of the back fields (presumably so that the school can say that they didn't see it)[/quote]

We were wondering why the 16A's weren't playing on the main oval!! Very perceptive observation!!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

No doubt the game was played on one of the back fields (presumably so that the school can say that they didn't see it)

We were wondering why the 16A's weren't playing on the main oval!! Very perceptive observation!![/quote]

Whenever they put the 15As or the 16As out on those back fields you can predict what's coming.

That's apparently where they also played the Augustine's 16A match, which has been discussed earlier in the thread.

They have form for it.

Front In Out

Bob McCowan (2)

Greg's in the LAST 15 mins did not really care it seemed, a red card was given to I believe their no. 10 (correct me if i am wrong) for dumping players, and Greg's also got away with many other tackles that should of been cards as well (more dumping tackles). I don't think you should be sooking about the penalties when they were playing dirty, another player also got away with elbows to the face of pats no. 15 causing him to gash open his face. If anything I think that Pats deserved more penalties because the reff clearly missed these calls. So stop accusing the reffing for Greg's losing, pats were much better on the day

Tah123

Herbert Moran (7)
The refereeing on Saturday at breen was spot on. The ref is an experienced, no nonsense ref who has refereed at much higher levels than ISA 1st XV. These refs have seen it all before and don't take too kindly to the tactics of schoolboy ill discipline. If Gregs or Pats were penalised it was because they deserved to be penalised. And in the last 15 Gregs were lucky they finished with just one red card and one yellow- could have been a whole lot more.

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
Bravo Tah 123 its a cheap shot having a go at the referees, especially coming from parents with a biased view of whats happening to little Johnny.
We should be bloody thanking each and everyone one of them and if occasionally you think you can see bias in a ref maybe its a reflection of our own shortcomings.
Dont blame the bloke who is donating his time so your son can have a game of footy on a Saturday morning.
How much time do you donate to junior rugby ???????????

Bargearse

Frank Row (1)
Well said Best !
I was always taught to respect the call and play the whistle !wont always be right or go your way but these guys and often its younger blokes giving up their time to enable the rest of us to play the game we love.
As for a school deciding where to put games so someone may or may not see as insinuated earlier beggars belief.
It's School boy rugby for goodness sake ! Not playing for sheep stations ! But I've got one for sale if anyone is interested ???

DinkyDieDingo

Bob McCowan (2)
I was at Breen and appreciated the professionalism of the ref from what I saw (had to leave just before half-time).

I'm still stumped by the advantage he gave to Gregs for offside (I think) that went from the 50 to the 22. Can someone clarify?

Ruck.n.Maul

Frank Row (1)
Second last ISA round for 2017 tomorrow and second last game for year 12 boys of schoolboy rugby. Tomorrow ill be heading over to the hills to watch Pats and Oaks. This game I think will be the game of the round with only two points in it last time. Pats coming off a win and good game against Auggies I think will continue their fine form, whereas Oaks will want to come back strong off their loss to Stannies and won't want to lose at home.

My tip will be Pats by 5.

Anyone else got any thoughts on that game or any other games?

#bringbacksweetchilli

strathfield kebab

Frank Row (1)
Oaks 12 Pats 10. Pats had a penalty kick about 15m to the left of the goalpost to win the game but missed (ironically same thing happened in the reverse fixture). Pats definetly dominated but were way too sloppy. They chucked that game away.

Tram Tracks

Peter Burge (5)
Stannies vs kinross
1sts Stannies 15-12
2nds Stannies 18-14
3rds Stannies vs Scott's1sts Stannies won
16a Stannies 22-0

Gotheboys

Frank Nicholson (4)
Stannies vs kinross
1sts Stannies 15-12
2nds Stannies 18-14
3rds Stannies vs Scott's1sts Stannies won
16a Stannies 22-0

Fanatstic to see Stannies 1stXV take the ISA title after what has been a stellar season for a group of very special young men.

Congratulations to everyone involved

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Oaks 12 Pats 10. Pats had a penalty kick about 15m to the left of the goalpost to win the game but missed (ironically same thing happened in the reverse fixture). Pats definetly dominated but were way too sloppy. They chucked that game away.

It seems like they've had a lot of close losses this year. I feel for them - must have been a frustrating season for them.

strathfield kebab

Frank Row (1)
It seems like they've had a lot of close losses this year. I feel for them - must have been a frustrating season for them.
Definitely has been. As a Pats old boy I was gutted after the game. Could only imagine how the boys playing felt. Should we have won yesterday, Pats had the chance to finish third in the ISA, which I would have considered an outstanding season for a team which I thought were going to significantly struggle. I look back on this season thinking we could have won at least 4 games this year (Oakhill: we only have ourselves to blame as we had penalty kicks to win in both games, Gregs: we should have beaten them in Campbelltown from reports, Kinross: we won one of the two games)

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
I share your sentiments strathfield kebab.

The ISA this year has been bery competitive with all teams showing massive potential. Kinross' effort against Stannies yesterday highlighted this.

As for Pats, it feels like history continuously repeats itself. They are able to match it with the best in the competition but seem to lack that winning edge

Congratulations to Stannies on taking out the Premiership! It's always nice to see the trophy head away from Oakhill and Auggies every now and then!!!

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.