• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookie Monster

Frank Row (1)
I can't help but feel that how Greg's plays its teams and players is unbalanced and detrimental to the ISA.

I was at Campbelltown last Saturday watching Gregs 15As vs Pats 15Bs. If that doesn't seem fair, hold your breath. Two of the players in the Gregs side wore jerseys saying "U16 League" on it and both were big boys who probably weighed somehwere in the 90s. Mind you, a number of Pats boys became bruised, battered, and winded trying to compete with these two. Final score 55-0 to Gregs.

I stayed at the school a while longer after the game and caught the same two boys then playing for Gregs 16As.

Should the ISA intervene for the welfare of its players and the sport? How can the ISA allow Gregs to field dominant A teams against B teams, and move players between the age groups as they please?

i have many arguments for your accusations.

firstly Rugby is a contact sport and if you dont want your kids getting BRUISED and BATTERED maybe you should discuss a different sport for them.

Secondly regarding those two BIG BOYS i can definitely confirm that to you they 15 years of age and that it is wrong to accuse otherwise

Thirdly did you ever think the reason they were wearing 16s RUGBY jerseys is because there is a size problem and perhaps that they cannot fit into the under 15s jersey

Another reason is that maybe the reason you saw them playing under 16s is because they are both very talented rugby players and perhaps the under 16s were low on numbers or size and needed them to back up

In conclusion perhaps you should stop following rugby and letting your children play if you dont want to accept the risk of them getting hurt.

and what are you going to do when the comps merge next year and the competition will be much harder than st gregs and auggies with your children playing powerhouses like JOEYS, SCOTS, KINGS,

DinkyDieDingo

Bob McCowan (2)
...blah blah blah...incessant rubbish...blah blah blah...

Mate, you're off your tracks. We had laid that to rest some time ago. You choose to dig up the past and create a big huff over something long forgotten. No one cares.

Who are you to dictate my life and hobbies? And what cowardly nerves you have to attack my family. If my worry for player welfare is weak in your eyes, then such ignorant behavior displayed in your response doesn't belong in the Rugby Union community. Have a long hard look at yourself. Go suck a cookie, @Cookie_Monster. Maybe that will shut your gob.

Cookie Monster

Frank Row (1)
Mate, you're off your tracks. We had laid that to rest some time ago. You choose to dig up the past and create a big huff over something long forgotten. No one cares.

Who are you to dictate my life and hobbies? And what cowardly nerves you have to attack my family. If my worry for player welfare is weak in your eyes, then such ignorant behavior displayed in your response doesn't belong in the Rugby Union community. Have a long hard look at yourself. Go suck a cookie, @Cookie_Monster. Maybe that will shut your gob.

One i didnt attack your family

Two your the one that attacked two 15 year olds you know nothing about

DinkyDieDingo

Bob McCowan (2)
One i didnt attack your family

Two your the one that attacked two 15 year olds you know nothing about

Didn't attack my family? You told me to stop following rugby and stop letting my kids play it. I don't mind them getting injured. Its all part of a contact sport. If they want to play, I'll let them play. If they want to stop, I won't force them to continue. I'm more concerned with mental well-being. Put yourself in the shoes of a B grade player, playing an A grade team that has two big players wearing jerseys from the age group above. Its a double whammy for player attitude, especially for schools in the ISA who are struggling with a thinning player base.

My concern for mental well-being stems from my own experience. I played club rugby, and due to lack of teams, a combined 15-16-17 comp was made. I didn't care about getting pumped to the ground. It came with the sport. However, not everyone liked it. Guys couldn't be bothered coming to training, made inconsistent appearances to games, or simply left. The next season, half of the previous year's squad didn't register. At one point we considered withdrawing due to lack of numbers. I hate it when rugby becomes mismanaged. It heavily impacts those that play for fun. They make up the majority. If they leave, rugby collapses. Look at schools like Pius and Pats, even Kinross (even club rugby). Pius is fielding roughly 1-2 teams per age group, interest has eroded dangerously at Pats, and Kinross is in a slump. A decade ago these schools were highly competitive. Now they're struggling. Mentality is everything in sport.

Focusing back on the post in question:
Were my comments in the original post an observation? Yes.
Was my observation influenced by boys in the Pats team? Yes.
Was my observation influenced by the parents of the Pats team? Yes.
Did I make use of these two boys as an example to start a discussion? Yes.
Did I make personal attacks on these boys? No.
Were vulgar remarks made in the original post about their size? No.
Was I misinformed? Yes.

Your belief that I "attacked" these two is misguided. If by using them as an example for player welfare to launch a discussion is an "attack" in your books, then I suppose using any particular player as an example for constructive criticism of the ISA or any school is a personal attack on that player. Their names were never mentioned (not that I know them), so people can only guess who I was referring to. This is completely unlike the recent headlines of the boy in the U8s League. Most people here are more concerned with ISA 1st XV and, to an extent, 2nd XV rugby. I have family playing lower age groups, so I make reference to them when discussing track records of schools. So was it an "attack"? No.

As for your view on jersey sizes, there was a big boy on the same team that was the same size, as were several others in the following U16s match. I had no qualms with this as the jerseys they wore were the Greg's rugby union jerseys. If the two boys that had been aforementioned been wearing the correct sports jersey, I wouldn't have made the original post. There would have been no base for me to launch the discussion. The school, as with any other, has a responsibility to provide and ensure students are wearing the correct uniform. Students have the same responsibility. A student wearing the incorrect uniform can cause a stir and create misinformed opinions about the school and its students, as mine was about these two boys now that you have corrected me.

Finally, your statement about the merged comp was misinformed and overlooked a number of points. I made reference for a competition split into divisions based on the skill level a school has in several posts. For example, Auggies and Joeys would be Div 1, and others such as Chevalier and Redfields in Div 5. It allows for schools to play others that are on the same relative level. This would mean you wouldn't end up with Stannies 1st XV playing Sydney Boys High 1st XV. Student attitude towards the game would plummet if such a thing were allowed to happen and the comp would crumble.

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
Dingo has made some very valid points.

We should leave it at that. Let's not uncover past wounds. What happened, happened. I'm sure the school's and ISA will review this season and make any necessary changes.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Tram Tracks

Peter Burge (5)
Season done.
Stannies 1sts 50 odd to 14 vs pats
Stannies 2nds 43 to 17 vs pats
Stannies 3rds 10 -10 vs Redlands
Stannies 16a won vs pats

Premierships to 1sts, 3rds, 16as 14as 14cs well done to all teams and all schools.

It was a great season to witness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
I'd love to hear the scores around the grounds in what was the last round of the ISA season for 2017.

I finished the season in beautiful Bathurst as the champion team that is the Stannies 1st XV claimed the ISA shield without losing a game, a fantastic effort.

For Pats, it was a season of "what could have been" with many narrow losses easily going the other way. I'm sure the remaining members of the squad will not forget this as they being the 2018 campaign.

Word on the grapevine is that there will be dramatic changes to schoolboy rugby next season with a mixed competition in the first half of the season and the ISA having a one-round competition in the second half with Gregs and Pius splitting up.

While this all rumor and isn't confirmed, this would be a very positive step forward for the strength of rugby in schools in the future.

Tram Tracks

Peter Burge (5)
I'd love to hear the scores around the grounds in what was the last round of the ISA season for 2017.

I finished the season in beautiful Bathurst as the champion team that is the Stannies 1st XV claimed the ISA shield without losing a game, a fantastic effort.

Very true the Stannies team was the best in many years! Kudos to them.

While there were 11 tries scored many of which were impressive for me pats 1st try was exceptional and that's coming from a Stannies fan.

I wish them well for 2018 as we want strength and depth in the isa it gives the comp greater respect and representation.

Until next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tah123

Herbert Moran (7)
Congrats to Stannies 1st XV - well deserved premiership. Given the strength of their 16a team they could easily go back to back.

I've always said that if Gregs put their mind to it they could become a rugby powerhouse. Well, just over a week ago I heard that Gregs 16a defeated Auggies. This would have seemed impossible just 18 months ago, but it has happened. Look out others, Gregs are coming!

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
Well done to the Stannies boys, they played some inspired football this year and although they had some stars the adage a champion team truly belongs with these boys.Congrats to the coaches and support staff.
Also worth a mention from Stannies 4 other sides won their ISA competitions in the 3rd XV, 16As, 14As, and 14Cs.
It is great to see rugby again flourish on top of the mountain and the view is spectacular. Ric Ric

forwards4ever

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Easts Colts in 1st & 2nd grade Grand Finals with 6 boys from ISA schools, specifically Stannies & Kinross. Get to see the boys from the bush doing well in Colts footy!

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Easts Colts in 1st & 2nd grade Grand Finals with 6 boys from ISA schools, specifically Stannies & Kinross. Get to see the boys from the bush doing well in Colts footy!
Sydney Colts Grand Finals at Concord oval on Sunday, for anyone that is interested. 3 grades of Colts playing at a great rugby venue. $10 entry.

Will be some great Rugby on display. Be good for any Schoolboys interested to see the step up to the next level.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
News from Bathurst

Could the combined entity play Div 1?

Presbyterian Church of NSW buys All Saints' College

Thursday, August 31, 2017
Announcement to
The Scots School Community
29 August 2017

On behalf of the Trustees of the Presbyterian Church of Australia in NSW, we are very pleased to announce that the Bishop in Council and the All Saints’ College Council have accepted our offer under an Expression of Interest to purchase All Saints’ College.

The opportunity to bring together two leading Protestant schools in Bathurst as one is an aspiration that many individuals in our two churches and our two school communities have prayed about for a long time.

The Trustees of the Presbyterian Church are privileged to be provided with this opportunity by the Bishop in Council and the All Saints’ College Council. We wish to assure The Scots School community, and the school community at All Saints’ College, of our desire to combine the best of our two schools together into one school that glorifies God, and in which present and future generations of students will be proud.

The Trustees and the Board of The Scots School Bathurst believe this will benefit the students, staff and parents of both schools and expand the educational opportunities in the City of Bathurst.

While we will be working through a due diligence process over the next few weeks, we wish to provide the following assurances to the parents and staff of both schools:

1. We are committed to the continuity of education and the staffing structures of both schools for 2018. Parents of current Year 10 and Year 11 students can be assured of the continuity of their children’s subject choices for the HSC without change.

2. The student leadership of both schools will not change in 2018.

3. We will form a working group with representatives from both schools to develop a change management plan for 2019 and following years. This will include review of the name of the combined school, structure, and a myriad of other decisions that will naturally arise from the bringing together of two schools.

4. Although we cannot promise, our strong preference is to maintain and operate two campuses for current and future generations of students, and the purchase of All Saints will not require the sale of any property.

While this announcement may cause some parents, students and staff, some anxiety in the immediate short term, we wish to assure you of our considered approach to the governance and combined structure of the two schools. We will not be rushing into decisions, but will be seeking to facilitate a close working relationship involving representatives from both the school communities as we plan for the future.

We believe the merger of two respected schools in Bathurst will provide students with a wider choice of subjects and co-curricular opportunities at every level of their education and will provide students of both schools with enhanced opportunities to develop their interests and character.

The coming together of the two schools will show that Bathurst, as a leading regional city in NSW, will be well served by its schools in the State, Roman Catholic and Protestant sectors. This should give present and prospective parents of students the assurance that their children will be educated in a way that suits their abilities and develops their potential.

We expect that the purchase process will be conducted professionally and speedily over the next few weeks.

Again, on behalf of the Trustees of the Presbyterian Church of Australia in NSW, and The Scots School Bathurst Board, we wish to assure all staff, parents and students of our commitment to the education of our students to the highest standards, within a Christian worldview.

Jeoffrey (Jeof) Falls
General Manager
Presbyterian Church (NSW)
Property Trust

Adrian Lamrock
Board Chairman
The Scots School

David Gates
Headmaster
The Scots School Bathurst
Trackbacks (0) | Permalink

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
News from Bathurst

Could the combined entity play Div 1?

Presbyterian Church of NSW buys All Saints' College

Thursday, August 31, 2017
Announcement to
The Scots School Community
29 August 2017

On behalf of the Trustees of the Presbyterian Church of Australia in NSW, we are very pleased to announce that the Bishop in Council and the All Saints’ College Council have accepted our offer under an Expression of Interest to purchase All Saints’ College.

The opportunity to bring together two leading Protestant schools in Bathurst as one is an aspiration that many individuals in our two churches and our two school communities have prayed about for a long time.

The Trustees of the Presbyterian Church are privileged to be provided with this opportunity by the Bishop in Council and the All Saints’ College Council. We wish to assure The Scots School community, and the school community at All Saints’ College, of our desire to combine the best of our two schools together into one school that glorifies God, and in which present and future generations of students will be proud.

The Trustees and the Board of The Scots School Bathurst believe this will benefit the students, staff and parents of both schools and expand the educational opportunities in the City of Bathurst.

While we will be working through a due diligence process over the next few weeks, we wish to provide the following assurances to the parents and staff of both schools:

1. We are committed to the continuity of education and the staffing structures of both schools for 2018. Parents of current Year 10 and Year 11 students can be assured of the continuity of their children’s subject choices for the HSC without change.

2. The student leadership of both schools will not change in 2018.

3. We will form a working group with representatives from both schools to develop a change management plan for 2019 and following years. This will include review of the name of the combined school, structure, and a myriad of other decisions that will naturally arise from the bringing together of two schools.

4. Although we cannot promise, our strong preference is to maintain and operate two campuses for current and future generations of students, and the purchase of All Saints will not require the sale of any property.

While this announcement may cause some parents, students and staff, some anxiety in the immediate short term, we wish to assure you of our considered approach to the governance and combined structure of the two schools. We will not be rushing into decisions, but will be seeking to facilitate a close working relationship involving representatives from both the school communities as we plan for the future.

We believe the merger of two respected schools in Bathurst will provide students with a wider choice of subjects and co-curricular opportunities at every level of their education and will provide students of both schools with enhanced opportunities to develop their interests and character.

The coming together of the two schools will show that Bathurst, as a leading regional city in NSW, will be well served by its schools in the State, Roman Catholic and Protestant sectors. This should give present and prospective parents of students the assurance that their children will be educated in a way that suits their abilities and develops their potential.

We expect that the purchase process will be conducted professionally and speedily over the next few weeks.

Again, on behalf of the Trustees of the Presbyterian Church of Australia in NSW, and The Scots School Bathurst Board, we wish to assure all staff, parents and students of our commitment to the education of our students to the highest standards, within a Christian worldview.

Jeoffrey (Jeof) Falls
General Manager
Presbyterian Church (NSW)
Property Trust

Adrian Lamrock
Board Chairman
The Scots School

David Gates
Headmaster
The Scots School Bathurst
Trackbacks (0) | Permalink

Status