• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2018

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
Agree gents the new trial competition is a great initiative and a solid lead into each particular competition.
My two bobs worth
Barker have done nothing wrong so far this year and look strong, they will face a Joeys side looking for redemption so if Barker prevail they may very well be the best.
ISA wise still to early to tell I had Auggies and Stannies ahead but Kinross result last week was very good. Not many giving Auggies much chance v Scots but I would not write off the chance of an upset. Stannies will have to play their best football today to contain the Kings boys especially in the backs.

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
Agree gents the new trial competition is a great initiative and a solid lead into each particular competition.
My two bobs worth
Barker have done nothing wrong so far this year and look strong, they will face a Joeys side looking for redemption so if Barker prevail they may very well be the best.
ISA wise still to early to tell I had Auggies and Stannies ahead but Kinross result last week was very good. Not many giving Auggies much chance v Scots but I would not write off the chance of an upset. Stannies will have to play their best football today to contain the Kings boys especially in the backs.

Hard to judge if Barker is “...very well..the best”. Barker look to be the best of the CAS. Scots and Kings probably in GPS and Auggies and Stannies in the ISA. Also these games are still “trials”. Many teams are still chopping and changing combinations and positions.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Some early results from St Gregs v TAS via the TAS rugby app, 14B St Gregs 19, TAS 14, 14 A St Gregs 26 TAS 5, 15B St Gregs 24 TAS 17, 15As St Gregs 24-TAS 12m 16 As St Gregs 29 TAS 0.

scotsman18

Herbert Moran (7)
St Pats getting up against Aloys in both 15 and 16 A’s score being 12-7 in both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Red card to Gregs. Half time Gregs 20 TAS 9 in hot conditions. now 20-14 team try from TAS on the grind. Score now 25-14 Gregs. Gregs now 32, TAS 14. I said TAS 19 earlier, but the TAS ap has altered the score. At 13.11, Gregs 39-TAS 19 with tries from both. Final score Gregs 39, TAS 24 with TAS scoring in the last play.

rugbylesstragic

Frank Row (1)
Scots v Auggies
Auggies win 22-21.
Definitely a game of two different teams.
Scots the dominant forwards game and Auggies Backs definitely did the work for their team until they changed the 9 when the Auggies forwards got some go forward direction.
Very tight finish with Scots losing possession when certain to score.

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
Scots v Auggies
Auggies win 22-21.
Scots the dominant forwards game and Auggies Backs definitely did the work for their team until they changed the 9 when the Auggies forwards got some go forward direction.

Shame on me for not backing Auggies. I heard the Scots boys lack intensity, particularly in the first half. This kept Auggies in the game and as time passed, their determination and belief grew. Also heard the big 10 for Auggies had a blinder. Kicked well in general play and had plenty of penetrating runs.

Show and go

Sydney Middleton (9)
Scots v Auggies
Auggies win 22-21.

Credit when credit is due. Auggies were by far the better team today and the score flattered Scots . Auggies were to strong up front and controlled the majority of the game. They made a good Scots team look ordinary even though Scots were down a few troops. Player of the match was Freddie Lussick followed by no’s 6,8, and 10.
Well done Auggies ,Scots will definately be making changes as backs looked out of sorts and forwards lacked grunt. Glad it’s only a trail.