• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2019

Cuz

Allen Oxlade (6)
I would personally say that they should be removed, no respect for the competition.

Interested in why would you think that Speedbump. From what I can see, they don't have the S&C program (at least in Union) that all the big ISA schools have, nor do they have the rugby tradition of Stannies. But they have a crack & although as a school they are better known for league, there are more kids playing rugby there than there are playing league.

Bob McGuire

Frank Nicholson (4)
I personally believe St Greg's presence is needed in the competition, they give most teams a run for their money, especially over the past few years. We all know St Greg's has a strong tradition in Rugby League, however they've been in the top half for a few years. Boys will be boys, St Greg's passion is definitely there, they give it their all on the pitch. That is Rugby.

H

Hawwy Armour

Are Pius gonna take out the wooden spoon again this year or are we expecting an upset or two? I've heard their 16A's did well last year but is that gonna be enough this season?

Bob McGuire

Frank Nicholson (4)
I
Are Pius gonna take out the wooden spoon again this year or are we expecting an upset or two? I've heard their 16A's did well last year but is that gonna be enough this season?
I think pius are pushing for a top 4 spot. I think next they will be a force to be challenged. This year will be giving the young boys the confidence to push for contention next year.

H

Hawwy Armour

I
I think pius are pushing for a top 4 spot. I think next they will be a force to be challenged. This year will be giving the young boys the confidence to push for contention next year.

I remember seeing them play Pats 16A's admittedly they were a talented backline but really lacked size in the forwards. I feel like top 4 is still a long way off for the boys at Chatswood

Bob McGuire

Frank Nicholson (4)
I remember seeing them play Pats 16A's admittedly they were a talented backline but really lacked size in the forwards. I feel like top 4 is still a long way off for the boys at Chatswood

Fair. Similarly to most teams, size is a liability. Augustine's seem to be the only school who can rely in their size to get them over the line.

chatdog

Frank Row (1)
Anyone know the predicted 4th XV squads for this year ?? I heard that St Pats have arguably the most aggressive side in the 4th XV division, led by the enforcer, Thomas (Roach) Uren, these blokes will pose a legitamate threat to all other 4th XV teams. Also heard that shoe in St Pats 1st XV flanker Max Smith has been wondering if anyone is willing to run at him straight. He's talking specifically to St Augustines

U FERAL

chatdog

Frank Row (1)
i'm all about jokes and banter on the forum but this is for serious members of the ISA rugby community. As a member of the SPC community, can you also confirm that Harry Armour will be taking his place as reverse waterboy for this year?

u dirty dirty

CutoutS

Frank Row (1)
SPC First XV should be an improved side this year due to an injection of talent from the 16 A's side as well as additional strength in the 2nd XV due to a strong 16 B's side that was also close to a Premiership in 2018. Will be interesting to see how the players are placed within the side as many being strong in several positions.

The backline will hopefully improve and several key positions will need to be staffed by the correct people from the combination of player if they are to find success against teams such as Stannies and Auggies.

A problem that i could see for this St Pat's team is the size of their forward pack. It's always a problem for the Strathfield size but i'm sure they will do their best to try and be the hardest workers on the field rather than blowing teams off the park.

Hopefully the young men in the black jersey can have an improved 2019 and start showing some better performances than in previous years.

J

Jordan Burns

trials are still going but the predicted team is looking quite small in size but high in energy and chemistry. Predicted ladder for this year is ..

Augustines
Stannies
Pats
Kinross
Gregs
Pius

What are your thoughts Warrick ??

Interesting you put Pats so high. They have lacked performance over number of years. The 1st XV flanker Max Smith is not much chop. All bark no bite. Confused why Oakhill was left out? Quite ironic that pats boys stir this chat up yet cannot back up their chat on the field... just asking for some integrity in holding their word and instead of talking on this forum get to the paddock to train because everyone knows they need it.
My predictions are:
Auggies
Stannies
Kinross
Gregs
Oakhill
Pius
Pats

J

Jordan Burns

Whilst I am a supporter of gregs not belonging in this competition i believe they have more place then pats in this competition. They show greater dedication, greater grit, greater perseverance, greater strength, greater talent and greater skills. They have overcome more then pats ever will and stood up to dominant schools and given them a run for the money. Pats are possums they play dead at home and get killed on the road, at least gregs put up a fight and make this competition interesting.

H

Hawwy Armour

Whilst I am a supporter of gregs not belonging in this competition i believe they have more place then pats in this competition. They show greater dedication, greater grit, greater perseverance, greater strength, greater talent and greater skills. They have overcome more then pats ever will and stood up to dominant schools and given them a run for the money. Pats are possums they play dead at home and get killed on the road, at least gregs put up a fight and make this competition interesting.

Watch yourself muggle