• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2021

Cuz

Allen Oxlade (6)
Here it is.... for future reference, go to the bottom of the screen & click 'create thread'....

Still a Waratah Just

Bob McCowan (2)
Last week of the preseason with a couple of games that will indicated early form in ISA 2021.
Oakhill V Waverley ( Auggies 5:31 Waverley)
Stannies V Riverview 2nds
St Greg's V Alloys (Stannies 17:0 Alloys, St Pats 6:11 Alloys)
Auggies V Kings
St Pats V Cranbrook (St Greg's 20:43 Cranbrook, St Pius 17:36 Cranbrook)
St Pius V

Cuz

Allen Oxlade (6)
Greg's went down 40-33 to St Aloysius. Score doesn't reflect the game as Aloys were the better team. They had their tall #4 red carded about half way through the 1st half, & still put points on despite a man down. Who knew you couldn't lead with the elbow when carting the ball up. Greg's were there on worst enemies, turning over ball in poor field position

Still a Waratah Just

Bob McCowan (2)
I predict a very close season for the top three and then competitive games for the bottom four. Both Oakhill and Auggies will be travelling to Bathurst for their Stannies games giving a big advantage to the Stannies boys who utilise the climate for their benefit.

First round will be important with whoever wins the Oakhill Vs Auggies game being the favourite for the year.
On preseason form the prediction is.
1. Auggies
2. Oakhill
3. Stannies
4. St Pius
5. St Pats
6. St Gregs
7. Kinross.

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Oakhill beat Auggies 44-14. Auggies were leading by a point or 2 at half time. Similar scoreline and result in 2nds.

Still a Waratah Just

Bob McCowan (2)
A couple of interesting scores in the first round. Oakhill hot favourites after that result but a big win to St Greg’s travelling to Orange to win in the cold has opened it up. Stannies continuing on their quiet way with several players missing from the pack.

Rugby Lord

Frank Row (1)
Scores at St Patrick’s, Strathfield
Stannies 28 over St Patrick’s 5
Good tough game with red & yellow card against St.Pats.
The boys from Stannies defended really well and put together some good phases. Pats lost their No 15 to a high shot in the process of trying to stop a try, he had scored their only try and looked dangerous. Stannies welcome back a few players next week so they could the quiet achievers.

Cuz

Allen Oxlade (6)
A couple of interesting scores in the first round. Oakhill hot favourites after that result but a big win to St Greg’s travelling to Orange to win in the cold has opened it up. Stannies continuing on their quiet way with several players missing from the pack.
Some who watched the Greg's game said they left a few tries out there as well. Bodes well for next week as Greg's were missing a few of there more experienced players as well...

Still a Waratah Just

Bob McCowan (2)
Some who watched the Greg's game said they left a few tries out there as well. Bodes well for next week as Greg's were missing a few of there more experienced players as well.

It appears to be the game of the round with both teams having good wins whilst missing several of their more experienced players. Several of the more experienced stannies boys will be missing due to injury including their captain.

Oakhill and Auggies are looking to strong in their games against St Pius and Kinross.

Games this weekend
St Gregs v Stannies at Gregs.
St Pius v Oakhill at Pius
Auggies V Kinross at Auggies.

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
It appears to be the game of the round with both teams having good wins whilst missing several of their more experienced players. Several of the more experienced stannies boys will be missing due to injury including their captain.

Oakhill and Auggies are looking to strong in their games against St Pius and Kinross.

Games this weekend
St Gregs v Stannies at Gregs.
St Pius v Oakhill at Pius
Auggies V Kinross at Auggies.

Stannies are always tough at home so glad the Oaks game is in August not mid July. Stanny's v Gregs should be a tough game. hopefully the injuries you mention aren't serious but the pre season games were pretty tough for all. Don't let the score deceive anyone from last week. The Oaks v Auggies blew out in the last 10 minutes. The boys had to keep at it. Auggies #7 is exceptional. Seemed like there was 3 of him out there.

Cuz

Allen Oxlade (6)
So a cracking game at St Greg's with home team coming from behind to win 28-27. Stannies 5 tries to 4, but the Stannies kicker had a bad day with the boot....

Rugby Lord

Frank Row (1)
[uote="Cuz, post: 1206671, member: 75730"]So a cracking game at St Greg's with home team coming from behind to win 28-27. Stannies 5 tries to 4, but the Stannies kicker had a bad day with the boot..[/quote]

Rugby Lord

Frank Row (1)
The touch judge on the coaches side who disallowed 4 tries for Stannies, earlier in the day refused to shake the Stannies U16s players & coach, calling both the coach & players disgraceful. He earlier red carded a teacher / parent who was sitting in the grandstand from Stannies. One of the most incompetent displays by an official, who happened to be a member of St. Gregs. Ruined a great game of Rugby!!

Cuz

Allen Oxlade (6)
Any other results from the weekend? And where do they post the ISA rep team lists?

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Any other results from the weekend? And where do they post the ISA rep team lists?

1st15 Oakhill 57 Pius 8
2nd 15 Oakhill 80 - 0 (Oaks dropped numbers for last 10 or so minutes)
3rd 15 Oakhill 60 - 0 ( game called early)
Admire the spirit that Pius showed on Saturday and again the same as against Auggies Oakhill really only ran away with it in the last 20 minutes. First points were a Pius penalty after 15 minutes.
Events sound interesting in the Gregs v Stannys game.

Cuz

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not sure what the issue with the AR was. If by putting his flag up when someone was out, then maybe he did cost them a try. But I can't remember counting 4 of them. I think there was a Stannies yellow card for a tip tackle, but apart from that I didn't see too much more in the game. A couple of passes that were line ball by both teams but that's it.
2nd XV was a big Stannies win & finished a bit early with a neck injury at the tackle late in the game. Waited an hour for the ambo's to get there while the 1st XV game was moved to the #2 field. Greg's got up in the 16A's & from what i saw they were fairly dominant. As for the refereeing, if you can't respect the referee (players, coaches & spectators alike), save yourself the petrol money & just stay home.... Hard enough to be in the middle without others trying to wreck your weekend.
Super impressed with the Stannies media unit who I think broadcast live 4 games of football on Facebook (complete with half time interviews) from what i saw.
1st15 Oakhill 57 Pius 8
2nd 15 Oakhill 80 - 0 (Oaks dropped numbers for last 10 or so minutes)
3rd 15 Oakhill 60 - 0 ( game called early)
Admire the spirit that Pius showed on Saturday and again the same as against Auggies Oakhill really only ran away with it in the last 20 minutes. First points were a Pius penalty after 15 minutes.
Events sound interesting in the Gregs v Stannys game.

Rugby Lord

Frank Row (1)
Not sure what the issue with the AR was. If by putting his flag up when someone was out, then maybe he did cost them a try. But I can't remember counting 4 of them. I think there was a Stannies yellow card for a tip tackle, but apart from that I didn't see too much more in the game. A couple of passes that were line ball by both teams but that's it.
2nd XV was a big Stannies win & finished a bit early with a neck injury at the tackle late in the game. Waited an hour for the ambo's to get there while the 1st XV game was moved to the #2 field. Greg's got up in the 16A's & from what i saw they were fairly dominant. As for the refereeing, if you can't respect the referee (players, coaches & spectators alike), save yourself the petrol money & just stay home.. Hard enough to be in the middle without others trying to wreck your weekend.
Super impressed with the Stannies media unit who I think broadcast live 4 games of football on Facebook (complete with half time interviews) from what i saw.
Respect works both ways. You do not walk off and tell a coach him and his team are a disgrace. The guy in the stands that he red carded yelled out, " You cant say that", when the referee told the Stannies 16s captain that this is a contact sport, this was after a Stannies player copped a high shot. All respect for referees, but this guy wanted to make a statement, and that he did! He stood and watched whilst 2 Gregs players laid into the red headed fellow from Stannies. Only after the crowd yelled at him did he put his flag up. Like I said, respect works both ways!!