• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2023

JamesPapallo

Stan Wickham (3)
I'm gonna hit this early can we get the draw and predictions for the start of the ISA season? and I must say boy I am excited to see the results with every team being in great form.

Choptackle

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'm gonna hit this early can we get the draw and predictions for the start of the ISA season? and I must say boy I am excited to see the results with every team being in great form.
Predicted ladder:
1st Auggies- After an extensive amount of trial games, Auggies have been strong tallying up a number of wins. However against tough opponents in Knox, waverly and cranbrook they’ve lost 3 in a row. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to watch any of these games but the close score line between Knox ( who I believe will win CAS) in terrible conditions accompanied with their backline and otherwise very successful start to the season has me put them at the 1 spot. I also believe they are due to put a number on pius this week.

2nd OAKHILL- Many people may put oakill at number 1 over Auggies. They have had a relatively tough trial season but have then against faced the toughest draw out of the lot. The reason I have them second behind augs is solely comparing their 50-15 huge loss against Knox. Augs vs oakhill will be an incredible game. They will beat stannies this week comfortably.

3rd St pats- Pats have had an up and down trial season and I can see them going head to head with augs and oakhill during the season. Their 10 and 15 add pace and skill to the backline which I think will be their deciding factor in close games. It’ll be close for them Vs Greg’s this weekend

4th/ 5th Stannies/Greg’s- For me, these 2 are too hard to pick apart. Stannies have had some close losses to cranbrook and noticeably barker however I heard of some stories regarding reffing in Bathurst. Greg’s will be competitive this year aswell but they will go down to St pats.

6th- Kinross, these lads have had some interesting trial results but I can’t see them doing too much damage. However at home in orange they are a different beast and could see them causing some upsets there. Bye week for them

7th Pius- Haven’t heard much about these men other than they’ve been playing many 2ndxv teams which shows me they may not be on par with the rest of the competition. It’ll be tough for them away this weekend

Last edited:

Agent

Bill Watson (15)
Predicted ladder:
1st Auggies- After an extensive amount of trial games, Auggies have been strong tallying up a number of wins. However against tough opponents in Knox, waverly and cranbrook they’ve lost 3 in a row. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to watch any of these games but the close score line between Knox ( who I believe will win CAS) in terrible conditions accompanied with their backline and otherwise very successful start to the season has me put them at the 1 spot. I also believe they are due to put a number on pius this week.

2nd OAKHILL- Many people may put oakill at number 1 over Auggies. They have had a relatively tough trial season but have then against faced the toughest draw out of the lot. The reason I have them second behind augs is solely comparing their 50-15 huge loss against Knox. Augs vs oakhill will be an incredible game. They will beat stannies this week comfortably.

3rd St pats- Pats have had an up and down trial season and I can see them going head to head with augs and oakhill during the season. Their 10 and 15 add pace and skill to the backline which I think will be their deciding factor in close games. It’ll be close for them Vs Greg’s this weekend

4th/ 5th Stannies/Greg’s- For me, these 2 are too hard to pick apart. Stannies have had some close losses to cranbrook and noticeably barker however I heard of some stories regarding reffing in Bathurst. Greg’s will be competitive this year aswell but they will go down to St pats.

6th Pius- Haven’t heard much about these men other than they’ve been playing many 2ndxv teams which shows me they may not be on par with the rest of the competition. It’ll be tough for them away this weekend
What about Kinross? If you're going to do a predicted ladder you might as well include everyone in the comp! ;)

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
And so it begins...

Pats v Gregs

Pius v Auggies

Oakhill v Stannies

Kinross BYE

What are your predictions?

Geoff Webster

Frank Row (1)
And so it begins...

Pats v Gregs

Pius v Auggies

Oakhill v Stannies

Kinross BYE

What are your predictions?
Gregs to beat Pats
Auggies to beat Pius
Stannies to beat Oakhill

Room for a win as underdogs for Gregs and Stannies possibly, but I think it will really just come down to the better team on the day.

Thomas B Rugbyboot

Frank Nicholson (4)
Pats v Gregs - Close game due to Pats injuries. Going with Pats to win at home.

Auggies vs Pius - Better trial form from Pius. Auggies have reportedly looked strong in games. Auggies to win at home.

Stannies vs Oakhill - Travelling and refs level games out west. Stannies have been up and down in trials. Oakhill need to play for 70 minutes. Oakhill to win in a close one.

Brumbie run

Frank Row (1)
Pats v Gregs- Pats to win at home 5+

Auggies v Pius- Augs have had strong trial form and pius have been playing 2nd XV teams. Augs will be way too strong at Narrabeen. Augs 20+

Stannies V Oakhill- The refs at bathurst will help stannies stay in the game but Oakhill have too much firepower. Oakhill 12+