• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2023

Wannabewallabie

Frank Row (1)
Gregs 54 -Pius 21.
Congratulations to Auggies on winning the 1st XV premiership. A very consistent year from start to end.
This is my last post. Thomas Jnr finishes his school rugby this year. Off to colts next year. Thanks for all the uodates gents. Its been a good last couple of years of school boy rugby. Good luck to all the boys doing the HSC this year. Yours in Rugby Thomas B Rugbyboot.
Going to be a tough loss mate, look after the kids and remeber happy wife happy life. Regards J

Choptackle

Allen Oxlade (6)
Early Predicted 2024 ISA Ladder

1- Auggies- The only right answer here in my opinion, coming off a dominant undefeated ISA season with a team predominantly made up of year 11s. I can only see them majorly improving next season which will be a scary sight to see.

2- Oakhill- Oakhill will be strong as per usual, a big pack forward pack this year and strong year 11 cohort combined with a good u16s age group coming through. I have them at 2nd

3- Pats- Pats will regain their 2 stars in their 10 and 15. After a tightly contested season with Oakhill and Augustine’s this year, I see them as making up the big 3 powerhouse teams in 2024.

4/5- Kinross/Greg’s- For me, I really can’t pick these 2 teams apart for next season. I believe Greg’s will be their usual self and have the heart to go with some of the big teams, and I believe so do Kinross. For me these 2 teams will be right with each other on the ladder.

6- Stannies- Stannies always put up a good fight within the ISA, especially when playing in Bathurst, I think they will absolutely contend with Kinross and Greg’s for that 4th and 5th spot but based off this years results I’ll place them at 6th.

7th- Pius- I can’t see next year going any other way than at the bottom of the table for Pius. I would love to be proved wrong however and hopefully this new U16 group can bring a bit of life back into their 1st XV.

Hope to hear everyone else’s very early predictions also!

NotStraight

Bob McCowan (2)
Central Coast Grammar. Which is an ISA school who plays in Division 2 (I believe). Play in the Waratah Shield game today. Best of luck to those boys playing.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
25 - 18 Central Coast Grammar way. Great ending, 18 - 18 at fulltime. Then headed into extra time, with their 9 scoring in the second half of extra time.
Great news! Would dearly love one of the ISA Div 2 group to step up to Div 1. It's a numbers game of course and they may not have it but on talent alone, it would be great to see them (or any other Div 2 team) come onboard.

NotStraight

Bob McCowan (2)
Great news! Would dearly love one of the ISA Div 2 group to step up to Div 1. It's a numbers game of course and they may not have it but on talent alone, it would be great to see them (or any other Div 2 team) come onboard.
Unfortunately with the quality of footy I saw they could barely beat anyone in the 2nds comp let alone 1sts. I think if they did join Div 1 it would be like GPS with them playing in the 3rds comp. If they could develop their players and skill levels they could slowly move their way up the ranks.

RugbyTears

Chris McKivat (8)
Unfortunately with the quality of footy I saw they could barely beat anyone in the 2nds comp let alone 1sts. I think if they did join Div 1 it would be like GPS with them playing in the 3rds comp. If they could develop their players and skill levels they could slowly move their way up the ranks.
Not that long ago, there was a "Div 3" in ISA where the 3rd XVs from Div 1 also played 1st XV from Scots Bathurst, Oxley Grammar and Blue Mts Grammar. Used to be a very competitive comp. There were after match functions with speeches and exchange of gifts along with food at Scots, Oxley and Blue Mts. Those schools were great hosts. The Cs for each age group from the 'bigger' schools would also play against the 3 Div 3 schools. Not sure whatever happened to their rugby program - I guess Scots & All Saints are in Div 2 ISA since the two schools have amalgamated.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
RIP to legendary Oakhill coach Andrew Wisemantel. He passed away in France overnight. Fantastic legacy, leading the school to multiple ISA premierships while also being the head of sport. He’ll be sorely missed by everyone in the ISA community.
Yes thoughts are with his family and the extended College community out there. Very sad news indeed.

RedOrDead

Ted Thorn (20)
Tahs u15 squad released. Oakhill was the largest contributor to the squad with 6/26 being from Oakhill, with the next biggest contributor being Kings with 4/26 and Newington with 3/26. So effectively a quarter of the squad... must be a special age group coming out of Castle Hill.

Btw I don't believe there was a single Joeys representative.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Tahs u15 squad released. Oakhill was the largest contributor to the squad with 6/26 being from Oakhill, with the next biggest contributor being Kings with 4/26 and Newington with 3/26. So effectively a quarter of the squad... must be a special age group coming out of Castle Hill.

Btw I don't believe there was a single Joeys representative.
Yeah I saw that to. Good result from them and indicative of the work that goes in to the program up there.

RedOrDead

Ted Thorn (20)
@Hankspank please see above.

"Tahs u15 squad released. Oakhill was the largest contributor to the squad with 6/26 being from Oakhill, with the next biggest contributor being Kings with 4/26 and Newington with 3/26. So effectively a quarter of the squad... must be a special age group coming out of Castle Hill."

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Yeah, no Joeys, View, Knox

Bit of a strange age group for a lot of the players around but I am glad to see 8/26 from the State Schools/'non known' Rugby Schools.
It is a much different spread. Yes, no Joeys but the best 15 yo Justice from Joeys is playing up an age in the Tahs 16s and would have been a walk-up starter

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Yeah I saw that to. Good result from them and indicative of the work that goes in to the program up there.
Unfortunate that 5/6 are a year young in the year above, Im unsure of Sam Polley but Darcey Feltham, Hasani Bloomfield, Ben Visagie and Flynn Farrel all are in the 2025 class but are 2026 age. Interesting stuff.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Unfortunate that 5/6 are a year young in the year above, Im unsure of Sam Polley but Darcey Feltham, Hasani Bloomfield, Ben Visagie and Flynn Farrel all are in the 2025 class but are 2026 age. Interesting stuff.
Sam Polley is also 2025 class unfortunately