• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2023

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
I agree. Many games could go either way. I’m interested to see the waverly pick over augs even with the amount of injuries they have? Why do you think that? But yes it should be a very close game either way. I agree with all other picks however.
Waverley has 4 returning players this round (2 key forwards and 2 consistent backs) I predict this scoreline as Oakhill only beat Waverley by 3 without these players.

They need their forwards to match Waverley's big and solid pack. The same could be said for Oakhill when they take on Knox's substantially larger pack this week.

I can definitely Auggies vs Waverley going either way, but Waverely would be itching to get a win this week and demonstrate they are still a top 3 CAS side and aren't done for the season because of their injuries. Many are backing Auggies this round which only leaves the Waverley boys more eager to win.

Choptackle

Allen Oxlade (6)
Waverley has 4 returning players this round (2 key forwards and 2 consistent backs) I predict this scoreline as Oakhill only beat Waverley by 3 without these players.

They need their forwards to match Waverley's big and solid pack. The same could be said for Oakhill when they take on Knox's substantially larger pack this week.

I can definitely Auggies vs Waverley going either way, but Waverely would be itching to get a win this week and demonstrate they are still a top 3 CAS side and aren't done for the season because of their injuries. Many are backing Auggies this round which only leaves the Waverley boys more eager to win.
Fair enough. I wasn’t aware of the waverly players returning, apologies, I’m still backing augs however due to their extensive amount of trial games with only 1 loss to that strong Knox outfit. However it’s a very hard place to win at queens park easily could go either way. Will be a good battle.

Silver Back

Bob McCowan (2)
Ok just heard 5 - 7 loss to Pats. A heap of 16s playing to cover injury. Game called off early for a spinal injury
Kings presented as an organised and very useful 3rd XV team. Pats were in genuine trial mode with key players being rested, and some Seconds and 16s players used to start and finish with many positional changes during the game. Pats had a high error rate and lacked the usual cohesion, but very little can be concluded from this game in terms of a true performance measure for Pats Firsts.
The game was stopped about 5 minutes from full time due to the injured Pats player, head and shoulder contacting the ground from a pretty ugly lifting tackle that generated a yellow card. The Pats player had some symptoms that sent them into spinal injury protocols so the game was concluded. The injured Pats player was taken to hospital and thankfully cleared of any serious injury.

Agent

Bill Watson (15)
Kinross and Trinity were 7 all about half way through the first half. Not sure what’s happened since then.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Results from the weekend:

Date: 20-5-23
St. Pats host Kings 3rdsKings 3rds 7-5
Knox host OakhillKnox 50-15
Waverley host AuggiesWaverley 38-24
Stannies host CranbrookCranbrook 24-19
Kinross host TrinityKinross 22-19
Gregs host AloysGregs 46-7
Barker 2nds host PiusPius 31-7

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Well done to Kinross, Pius and Gregs for flying the ISA banner last weekend. Some convincing results. Have to say that Gregs are certainly going to be knocking on the door of a top 3 ISA finish this year. Their trial form is consistent.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Last weekend of trials coming up:

Date: 27-5-23
Waverley host Gregs (this will be a real acid test for Gregs)
Pats host Knox (given the injuries Pats are carrying, this one will be tough)
Stannies host Barker (improving form from Stannies but I dont see Barker losing this)
Cranbrook host Auggies (match up of the round - hopefully on a dry track this time round)
Trinity host Oakhill (Oakhill at a canter)
Kinross host Aloys (It's going to be long trip home for Aloys. Kinross by a healthy margin)
Waverley 2nds host Pius (I think -the Waverley website wasn't conclusive but I think that's what's happening. Pius will account for Waves 2nds)

theproffesor

Frank Row (1)
your daily dose of rugby comedy.

Attachments

• meme.jpeg
    meme.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 90