• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2024

RahRahRugby

Frank Nicholson (4)
Oakhill 1st XV 14 - 12 St Joseph’s 2nd XV
Today, the skies unleashed their torrents in a dramatic and rain-soaked spectacle. It's almost unbelievable, but Oakhill's struggle with starts persists, with yet another close-range try by the Joeys forwards slipping through in the opening 5 minutes.

Games like this are always a contest and it was clear that the Joeys boys were out to prove a point from the onset. Although, similarly to all previous games, Oakhill was able to establish some dominance through their forwards laying the platform for the backs. Through this Oakhills No. 12 was able to seamlessly break the line and go over under the sticks giving Oakhill the 7-5 lead. Without being completely dominant Oakhill did have the upper edge, which again saw the forwards dominating seeing Oakhill’s No. 2 break the line and offload to the powerhouse Italian Stallion who went over for his first try for the first XV.
HT: Oakhill 14-7Joeys

From Halftime on the game grew into a contest driven by grit, passion and determination. Multiple times Oakhill players went down with injuries yet carried on playing. Although in saying this the second half was played at Oakhill’s end, the only reason stopping Joeys from scoring was there lack of finesse and set piece execution. Although with 5 minutes to spare, Joeys was able to crash over through cohesive play between backs and forwards, moving the score to 14-12. From then on time was Joeys worst enemy, with the ref calling game on a great contest.

For Oakhill, this win wasn’t a clear display of dominance, and at times, they appeared to lack attacking flair. Looking ahead to their Gala Day clash against Knox in two weeks, it will be interesting to observe how they can enhance their performances and start to build momentum again.

Some Oakhill Standouts:
- No. 2 Luke Muriti
- No. 13 Mitch Holmes
- No. 12 Joe Harvey
- No. 8 Sam Polley

Last edited:

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Auggies have just shocked the schoolboy rugby world with a huge win over Joeys at joeys 31-26, they have silenced a multitude of critics with this win. They will be the benchmark this year in the ISA.
I know Joey's likes to expereimnent in their trials, but I think you're right. Any doubts over what Auggies have up their sleeve have probably been put to bed. A win over Joeys is a win over Joeys and I bet there will be some celebrating on the beaches tonight.

Green&gold merchant

Frank Row (1)
From the results this weekend I think everyone should assume that auggies are clear favourites to lift the isa shield. Oakhill are lacking spark and will be walked all over by auggies. Joe Walsh will control oakhill out of the game. Oakhill only just beating a joeys 2’s team and Auggies beating joeys first, I know where my money will be heading. GGM

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Weekend results for Trial 2 below:

Result of the round has to go to Auggies. A win over Joeys is to be savoured - trial or otherwise. A wonderful result for them and their trip to Japan is eliciting early season results.
Honorable mention to Stannies. Whilst not coming away with the chocolates, the closeness of the game suggests an improvement in their team from last year.

Trial May 11th 2024:
Result:
Auggies v Joeys​
31 - 26 W​
Gregs v Grammar​
Draw​
Kinross v Barker​
5 - 52 L​
Oaskhill v Joeys 2nds​
14 - 12 W​
Pats v Cranbrook​
24 - 29 L​
Pius v Trinity​
29 - 5 W​
Stannies v Scots​
12 - 24 L​

RahRahRugby

Frank Nicholson (4)
ISA Power Rankings - Week 2
Screen Shot 2024-05-13 at 4.11.53 pm.png

St Augustine's:
Impressive. Very Impressive

Landing in Sydney on Tuesday after a big SANIX Tournament, then 4 days later being faced with the challenge of Joeys @ Joeys is a big ask. But oh boy, did they prove the very few or any doubters wrong. A 31-26 win is, as DaSchmooze said, the result of the round. Additionally, they proved they can still compete without Joe Walsh on the field as he was binned for 10.

A squad that's looking like the best team in the country, I'll say it again, is it another undefeated ISA season from the boys near the beaches?

Oakhill:
Maybe a bit closer than everyone expected, and certainly a bit closer than Oakhill would've expected/wanted. Their surge of form to start the year has certainly plateaued, showing in the game against Joey's 2's. Although, the team has been riddled with injuries, as well as lots of changes weekly.

The last 3 trials will be important in shaping a team that it is ready for a competitive and long season, as well as gaining some form and polishing those combinations.

St Pius:
Another good win for Pius over Trinity on the weekend. As said before I do believe Pius could be anything this year and the results are starting to show they could be a very strong team this season.

It will be interesting to see the results of the coming trials, potentially giving us a better gauge of if this team is the real deal or if it's a hot patch.

Furthermore, Oakhill plays Trinity this week so it will be intriguing to compare results. The boys from Chatswood aren't far from moving up a tier at all...

St Patricks:
This result is a bit underwhelming. You would've hoped the scoreline would've been closer, which is why they've moved down a tier.

Pius just the week before was able to take down Cranbrook while Pats was only able to put one try on the board. Hopefully, for Pats this was just a bump in the road, hopefully picking up form in the weeks to come.

Although on the other hand, it could be a worrying sign, but it is way too unfair to write them off based on a sole performance which is why I still rank St Patricks highly this season.

Kinross:
I'm confused. I was very excited on the prospect of Kinross this year after what seemed like a great result against TAS.

Two similarities for Kinross in the last two weeks. Lots of points scored and not many conceded. The only problem is they've been on each side either week. Last week I mentioned my lingering doubt over their consistency and this has backed my point.

Although, in contrast, I'm hoping Kinross can turn the tides this week and in the coming weeks and can play consistent footy and prove they can be a challenging footy side come ISA season.

St Stanislaus':
A very commendable result for the Bathurst lads, taking it right up to a contender in the GPS competition.

This just shows how tough they can be when at home and should be a warning sign to all teams that they shouldn't be taken lightly when facing them.

I am very interested to see how their trial period finishes up, and with some more positive results, they could easily be bumped up a tier.

St. Gregs:
The Greg’s, Grammar game was cancelled mid week due to weather.

Hopefully moving forward we will see Greg’s prove they can be competitive this ISA season.

Last edited:

RahRahRugby

Frank Nicholson (4)
Oakhill 1st XV Team List vs Trinity 1st XV - 3:15pm @ Oakhill
1. Heath Stafford
2. Luke Muriti
3. Marcus Odd
4. Tom Alloggia
5. Will Casey
6. Luca Caruso
7. Ryan Scott
8. Lukas Butler
9. Taite Howells
10. Luke Alderson
11. Cooper Charlwood
12. Joe Harvey
13. Mitch Holmes
14. Jack Taylor Hannify
15. Flynn Farrell

News:
- Heath Stafford starts at prop as Julian Carruthers is out with an injured shoulder
- Lukas Butler is recalled at No. 8 as Sam Polley is playing in the City v Country League game.
- Cooper Charlwood gets his first First XV start of the year as Max Gioiello is injured.
- Jack Taylor Hannify is recalled up after a week in the 2’s as Cyrus Bloomfield is playing City v Country.
- Flynn Farrell is called up into Fullback as Darcy Feltham is playing City v Country. Taite Howells retains his halfback role.

Forwardpack101

Frank Row (1)
Oakhill 1st XV Team List vs Trinity 1st XV - 3:15pm @ Oakhill
1. Heath Stafford
2. Luke Muriti
3. Marcus Odd
4. Tom Alloggia
5. Will Casey
6. Luca Caruso
7. Ryan Scott
8. Lukas Butler
9. Taite Howells
10. Luke Alderson
11. Cooper Charlwood
12. Joe Harvey
13. Mitch Holmes
14. Jack Taylor Hannify
15. Flynn Farrell

News:
- Heath Stafford starts at prop as Julian Carruthers is out with an injured shoulder
- Lukas Butler is recalled at No. 8 as Sam Polley is playing in the City v Country League game.
- Cooper Charlwood gets his first First XV start of the year as Max Gioiello is injured.
- Jack Taylor Hannify is recalled up after a week in the 2’s as Cyrus Bloomfield is playing City v Country.
- Flynn Farrell is called up into Fullback as Darcy Feltham is playing City v Country. Taite Howells retains his halfback role.
Believe this will also mean Mitch Woods out for Pats this week with City V country if those boys have it. I wasn’t aware it was this week. That certainly makes pats the well and truly underdogs going to Knox but if Conti and the boys around can have a good day it might not be too bad for the boys from Strathfield