• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2024

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Saturday June 1st:
Auggies v Knox @ Wahroonga
Gregs v Aloys @ Willoughby
Kinross v Trinity @ Summer Hill
Oakhill v Waverley @ Queens Park
Pats v Barker @ Hornsby
Pius v ???
Stannies v Cranbrook @ Bellevue Hill

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Having a quick look at that schedule and you've got to say that Stannies are going all in on their trial fixtures. Scots, Joeys, Barker, Waverley and Cranbrook! I hope they can navigate their way through that in one piece. If they do, they'll be battle hardened by the end of it.

Choptackle

Allen Oxlade (6)
Saturday May 4th:
Auggies v ???
Gregs v Aloys
Kinross v TAS @ Orange
Oakhill v Shore @ Northbridge
Pats v Trinity @ Strathfield (assume this is Green and Black)
Pius v Cranbrook @ Oxford Falls
Stannies v Joeys 2nds (I think - Joeys listed as playing two teams that day so presume their 2nds play Stannies and 1sts play Knox)
Auggies are in Japan during this fixture date

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Any early predictions for the ISA comp this year?

I would take auggies and Oak hill 1 & 2 going off of last year.
Yes for most part you'd think so. If I had to choose I'd say Oakhill will want to dominate and when things get ugly, I think they'll find another level.

This may seem like an odd thing to say, but I would make mention of the passing of Andrew Wisemantel. Undoubtedly the boys will want to honour his legacy and the countless of hours that he must have put in to most, if not all of them. But the passing of a loved one or inspirational leader as a motivation is a volatile fuel - it could blow them all up if not managed properly. I can only imagine the emotional rollercoaster that those boys could be on if his memory is wheeled out week after week. I hope that is not the case.

The best of luck to them though and I'm sure they'll do themselves and their school proud.

JamesPapallo

Stan Wickham (3)
Yes for most part you'd think so. If I had to choose I'd say Oakhill will want to dominate and when things get ugly, I think they'll find another level.

This may seem like an odd thing to say, but I would make mention of the passing of Andrew Wisemantel. Undoubtedly the boys will want to honour his legacy and the countless of hours that he must have put in to most, if not all of them. But the passing of a loved one or inspirational leader as a motivation is a volatile fuel - it could blow them all up if not managed properly. I can only imagine the emotional rollercoaster that those boys could be on if his memory is wheeled out week after week. I hope that is not the case.

The best of luck to them though and I'm sure they'll do themselves and their school proud.
Agreed, however I can't see augs losing this year with practically the same 1st xv team baring 2 boys. Keep in my mind no team except pats I think came within 30 points of augs which blows me away. With a strong spine with 4 gen blue u18s representatives I think Augs will not only win ISA I don't think they will drop many games during the trial period.

Choptackle

Allen Oxlade (6)

Although we know over the years Oakhill has been able to bring that different level when the going gets tough in matches as you said, I think it’s extremely hard to go past Augustine’s this year.
Their squad this year has big names wherever you look with a multidude of Gen Blue and league representatives. Additionally their starting 15 will be almost identical to that of last year barring 1 player, just creating for another level of beast for them to develop into this season. They are also competing in the World Championships in Japan which will only do them good for when they return back into the season for the trial period aswell as ISA. I do have Oakhill in 2nd closely followed by Pats. However Augustine’s should pretty well cruise through the ISA this year and can I say, winning by a large margin in my opinion. This may sound bias to Auggies but I can’t go past them I’m happy to take anyone else’s thoughts aswell! Thanks.

Choptackle

Allen Oxlade (6)
Predicted ladder
1 Auggies
2 Oakhill
3 Pats
4 Greg’s
5 Pius
6 Stannies
7 Kinross
Here’s my lineup for this year! Other than the big 3 I’m not too familiar with how other teams shape up this year so would love to hear others thoughts aswell.

ISA

Bob McCowan (2)
Predicted ladder
1 Auggies
2 Oakhill
3 Pats
4 Greg’s
5 Pius
6 Stannies
7 Kinross
Here’s my lineup for this year! Other than the big 3 I’m not too familiar with how other teams shape up this year so would love to hear others thoughts aswell.
I would have to agree with that list on the most part. My only change in my opinion would be kinross and Pius swapping. Both teams put up great games but after playing against kinross a few times i've seen the commitment and determination those boys put in and after last year I would definitely think they will be coming out firing. Apart from that I think you've got a pretty unarguable ladder.

Not quite sure about oakhill college considering the forward pack. Oakhill are scraping the bucket when it comes to their tight 5
However, On this note they do still have Samuel Polley, Darcy Feltham,Cyrus Bloomfield.

And they have lost their powerhouse Hasani Bloomfield