• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

crofty

Allen Oxlade (6)
Oakhill beat Shore 2nds 33-17 (or thereabouts). Shore prabably had the majority of the ball with Oakhill once again struggling to string many phases together. First 2 trys came from neat chips by the fullback Bertus. The young year 10 winger Cotton had a good game and Woodward's defence at 12 was outstanding. Not sure of the Stannies v Shore 1sts result but heard it was 5 all at half time.

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Pius lost to grammer 8 - 0 although there were a few players out injured also my sources tell me st andrews will have a very good firsts this year with over half the team being islander

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
iSA rep trials tomorrow at Saint Gregs. Given some of the trial results involving ISA teams the Rep team should be a fairly strong one

Heally

Frank Nicholson (4)
Watched Oakhill play Stannies today in round 1 of the ISA competition. An outstanding performance by Oakhill 47-5 against a Stannies that was outplayed across the park. Number 8 Pettanon caused havoc up the middle and Woodward was named along with him as having an outstanding game causing difficulties forbtgem in defense and attack. If Stannies and Auggies are the benchmark then Oakhill today moved the bar a little higher.

durkadurka

Peter Burge (5)
Had a bit of a glance at Auggies v Kinross 1s at Gregs today as I was out there with Joeys, didn't see alot but 13 for Auggies - which I think was Purcell the 12 from last year was a standout from the few parts I saw, also Gregs 1s beat Joeys 3s in a pretty entertaining match. Gregs 1s were the best team I've seen them play before and their pace was a sign of a gun side.

crofty

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yep, Oakhill really put Stannies to the sword yesterday. The forwards were outstanding - powerful running by props Musson and Abi-Arrage and the #8 Pettenon set a great platform for the backs where fly half Lepore directed the play superbly. The team is now playing with great cohesion and they look strong across the park. For Stannies the fullback Green looked good with the ball and the very small open side O'Shannessy worked hard all day. Great home match atmosphere at Oakhill and some impressive results with all 5 opens teams and all the age group A's recording victories.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Today was not the first round of ISA - next week is.

Auggies played Kinross at Gregs Campbelltown and after it was close at half time (17-12) they ran out eventual winners 67-12. I have been told that there were some injuries however

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Are Greg's still in the ISA 1sts. If so, how are they looking? I'm an Old Boy.

Yes Gregs are still in ISA. They played Joeys 3XV and beat them. They have a good backline with their outside centre and wingers showing good skills and speed. Their forwards are a little small but they do work wellaround the field. They play StAugustines at Rat park next Saturday in the first round of ISA

Heally

Frank Nicholson (4)
FYI - Oakhill played the first round of ISA a week earlier due to some 75th Anniversary celebrations next weekend so the game vs Stannies was NOT a trial ...Oakhill have a week off ..

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
my apologies then it was a good start for the year for Oakhill and look foward to seeing them sometime in the year

N

no_name12

No need for that type of attitude heally simple mistakes, everyone makes them. I'm still backing Auggies to win the comp without to much effort although I am looking forward to the oakhill v Auggies game. I have had a few mixed reports on the ISA first team. From The few real ones i have seen a blue mountain grammar boy made the cut so good to see div 2 putting in. Can anyone confirm a team?

Heally

Frank Nicholson (4)
Sorry guys.. no attitude intended... just trying to be clear ... Auggies will be a good game and I beleive there may be others in the mix as well... lets hope the whole season is positive for Rugby and ISA generally. Coming from GPS, I was pleased to see the teams that ISA have previously put forward and especially in the younger years that had a few people bewildered so it will be interesting to see what the selectors serve up this year. I know that several players did not even bother to try out from some of the schools seeing it as a waste of time.

Rugby Parent

Stan Wickham (3)
Who has been chosen for the ISA teams for this year? Are team lists posted anywhere on the web? ISA got a few through to Australia and Australia A last year, so I am interested to see the names (including the u/16's).

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Who has been chosen for the ISA teams for this year? Are team lists posted anywhere on the web? ISA got a few through to Australia and Australia A last year, so I am interested to see the names (including the u/16's).
I can tell you the under 16s ISA fullback is the St Pius fullback Harry Staples has a lot of skilll and also a good kicker

C

chilling

three players from stannies in the ISA 16's and a dozen in the ISA firsts and seconds.

no9

Ted Fahey (11)
three players from stannies in the ISA 16's and a dozen in the ISA firsts and seconds.

Oakhill beat Stannies by nearly 50 points and get less representation in the open squads. Trials are a lottery, any wonder some players didn't bother turning up.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
1st round saw Auggies play St Greg's. St Greg's minus lots of players at Rugby League went down by 50 points

C

chilling

Stannies played a trial game against Sydney Boys High on the weekend. 16 A's won 47-5 and the 1sts and 2nds combined team won very convincingly. lost count. can anyone post the isa teams yet?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
1st round saw Auggies play St Greg's. St Greg's minus lots of players at Rugby League went down by 50 points

When St. Gregs used to play the Joeys Twos in trials it used to be only the St.Gregs boarders who played union. Is this still the case - is their union team still just boarders??

Status
Not open for further replies.