• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Italy v Australia, Sunday Nov 10 2013, Stadio Olimpico

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
You say that like it was some kind of surprise.

You started with one of the great rivalries in rugby, two sides that have the uncanny ability to produce great spectacles every time they meet. Then you went to the 13th ranked side against a struggling Wallabies, who have a bad habit of not playing well against lesser sides.

So it strikes me as somewhat strange that you expected the latter to even be close to the same ballpark as the former.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
You say that like it was some kind of surprise.

You started with one of the great rivalries in rugby, two sides that have the uncanny ability to produce great spectacles every time they meet. Then you went to the 13th ranked side against a struggling Wallabies, who have a bad habit of not playing well against lesser sides.

So it strikes me as somewhat strange that you expected the latter to even be close to the same ballpark as the former.

I said it was a let down not a surprise.
The wallabies are fast on the way to becoming one of those lesser sides.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I think it is clear we are heading in a new direction and slowly building. I also understand the fans being suss until we see some consistency. Wallaby fans have a right to be feeling a bit gun shy at the moment.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
What I think I am liking most about Quade Cooper at the moment is that Genia is not playing well but it is not effecting his ability to play well. It is really looking like he has matured on the field as well as off it.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
In my mind all we've seen so far is the ability to smash a couple of bad teams and the inability to compete with good teams.

I still don't think we've seen any sort of evolution. We've been able to score points more easily in recent matches but we've also leaked points far more easily.

That's usually the way it goes of course. Even the ABs leak quite a few points in a lot of games where they score plenty.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
To all the people having a crack at the players- what more could we have possibly done in that game? Score 60? 70? 100?

Not leaking 20 points.

Still, it was uplifting to get a win. Two in a row would be even better.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
After experiancing the Rome underground train network I may have uncovered the secret behind Italy's success in the scrum. In peak hour there is essentially a maul at every stop in order to cram everyone into the carriage. Failure is not an option for the locals, get in or get out of the way.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
After experiancing the Rome underground train network I may have uncovered the secret behind Italy's success in the scrum. In peak hour there is essentially a maul at every stop in order to cram everyone into the carriage. Failure is not an option for the locals, get in or get out of the way.

Sounds like the rest of Rome only worse...
:eek:

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member

If you think that's bad don't try the Milano underground. It smells like old feet.

Rebel rouser

Ted Fahey (11)

By your logic, then Japan would be the best scrum nation in the world. They actually hire attendants at the stations to assist in shoving you onto the train. Actual video:

And from a from a few years back, here's a video of John Eales take on his time in Japan:

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.