• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

James O'Connor misses flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Looks like I've got to get the lynching jacket out of the closet again.

All you can really say is you idiot. How much effort does it take not to be a complete tool in a public place?

I think Betham is the right call up at this stage. He was in that initial squad so he deserves go join the tour.

You'd assume CFS is likely to get capped on the wing before him though.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I'm just echoing what your own senior players are saying. They're not happy with his late night/early morning antics and haven't been for a long time. Their words, not mine. You'd have to be naive to think that alcohol is not harming this guy's career in any way. Hell, I drink a lot and it harms my career and relationships. In O'Bieber's case, the ship isn't going to right itself.
My point is no one has said that. Give the little shit hell but don't make things up.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I think this clearly separates us from the two major Australian codes, which is a good thing. If he was a mungo player the incident would have been dismissed and team fans encouraged not to fly AirAsia because they reported it. In AFL it would have got an initial reaction and a rap over the knuckles but then quietly forgotten like the recreational drug scenario.

I like the point of difference.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Betham would not have been my first choice either. I actually think he's behind Cam Crawford at the Tahs for exactly the reason you note.

Henry Speight cannot become eligible fast enough.

Crawford had some sort of shoulder operation at the end of the season if I recall correctly.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
For those late to the game, James O'Connor has been stood down indefinitely JOC (James O'Connor).jpg

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Betham would not have been my first choice either. I actually think he's behind Cam Crawford at the Tahs for exactly the reason you note.

Henry Speight cannot become eligible fast enough.
Yeah, coupla more months for Henry...

I also think Crawford would have been ahead. Maybe got injured at the wrong time, so good luck to Betham.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Pretty sure the "clean slate" comment meant that Link wasn't going to punish him immediately for his past transgressions, such as missing the team meeting which happened only a couple of days before Link became coach. It would be stupid for him now to pretend that this was JOC (James O'Connor)'s first offence.
If he did pretend this was JOC (James O'Connor)'s first issue, then Link's assertion that the Wallabies contract was a day-to-day proposition would be pretty meaningless.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Hopefully he hasn't just been dropped because of speculation. Saying that, it hasn't been his best year in terms of PR, maybe the ARU had some tight rules in place.

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
The biggest piece of evidence which points to serious problems with JOC (James O'Connor) is that 4 out of 5 super rugby teams do not want a bar of him and the Force are yet to commit.

This is odd given he is a starting wallaby.

To me it seems 4/5 coaches/team management have weighed up his enormous and undeniable talent against how much of a dick he is and found the dick column to be > than the talent column.

It would now appear he is too much of a dick to catch an aeroplane?

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Peter Betham is in.

We move on.
Luke Morahan would have been my pick, seems Link is trying to get Tahs fans on his side and Reds fans have not kicked up yet.

Although I like Betham I don't think he scores regularly enough to be a international wing.

Would have preferred if he called in Morahan, Betham and English all to gain some tour experience and see who is training better.

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
Happy with both calls, JOC (James O'Connor) had to be suspended and wasn't many wingers left to pick from.

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
Luke Morahan would have been my pick, seems Link is trying to get Tahs fans on his side and Reds fans have not kicked up yet.

Although I like Betham I don't think he scores regularly enough to be a international wing.

Would have preferred if he called in Morahan, Betham and English all to gain some tour experience and see who is training better.

It doesn't look like Link rates Morahan, he couldn't crack the starting side and was even struggling to make the bench at times for the Reds.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Luke Morahan would have been my pick, seems Link is trying to get Tahs fans on his side and FORCE fans have not kicked up yet.

Fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.