• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

James O'Connor misses flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
productimage-picture-the-pork-chop-express-483.jpg

I gotta admit, I am looking forward to how JOC (James O'Connor) addresses all this. If he repeats that same tired line about how he's learned his lesson, that'll be more telling than if he just fumbles through not knowing what to say. If he doesn't want to become the next Gavin Henson, he should probably aim for the latter.

:D :D

Reminds of a podcast a number of weeks ago.. when the boys were having a giggle and tacking the piss
It was the Hungry Jacks night...
I cant remember who started it, but it was along the line of what you mentioned....

JOC (James O'Connor) said "has learned his lesson and it wont happen again"... and what he really met was, i wont go out till 4am on week night before a big test match..

Now its "I wont get boozed before a flight again"..

Whats next.........

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
:D :D

Reminds of a podcast a number of weeks ago.. when the boys were having a giggle and tacking the piss
It was the Hungry Jacks night.
I cant remember who started it, but it was along the line of what you mentioned..

JOC (James O'Connor) said "has learned his lesson and it wont happen again". and what he really met was, i wont go out till 4am on week night before a big test match..

Now its "I wont get boozed before a flight again"..

Whats next...

Perhaps he just a slow learner and needs very specific examples to learn from.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
If you could find an abbreviation for every word you use and keep them at four letters or below it may help.

rams

Stan Wickham (3)
Hi All,
long time reader, first time poster, love the site. JOC (James O'Connor) has for too long been the poster boy for the ARU & they have invested countless hours & dollars into his development in hope of getting something in return in the form of sponsorship dollars or punters through the gates. All this has clouded their judgement or even worse, blinded them completely to his many indiscretions. Long story short, not worth the headaches.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
There's no place for violence in society rah rah rah, but I'd love to see CCTV footage of Big Kev laying JOC (James O'Connor) out in a bar.
There's no place for violence in society rah rah rah, but I'd love to see CCTV footage of Big Kev laying JOC (James O'Connor) out in a bar.

No way. We need Kev uninjured. Get someone else to punch JOC (James O'Connor).

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
The comments of Sharpe and Horwill last night were telling. Usually recent ex-players and current players, will go to any length to avoid commenting directly on the issue. Nick McArdle actually prefaced his question to Horwill in those terms and Horwill seemed like he couldn't hold himself back. The comments of those 2 respected figures were as damning as anything you're likely to hear about a team mate. I loved the way Sharpe shot down each and every one of Martos attempts at defence.

I think that some underestimate the feeling against JOC (James O'Connor) in the current Wallably player group.

I just caught the repeat of this interview, and two observations:
  1. Marto is a little embarrassing. Can't tell if he was just playing devil's advocate or actually feels that way about player behavior.
  2. Sharpie is a smooth operator. Really calm in the face of Marto's silly questions, swatted them all down with ease. Either he already knew what Marto was going to ask him and the whole thing was prepped (very possible), or Sharpe's just that good (also very possible).
In light of Sharpie and Horwill's comments, it'll be interesting to see how the Wallabies come together as a team in their next JOC (James O'Connor)-less game.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well, last time JOC (James O'Connor) was suspended they beat the All Blacks to win the Tri Nations...........

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Sharpie pulled no punches on the Rugby Club:I cannot remember someone so intimately connected with a team censuring a team member so clearly and openly.
When the Wobbs get together next (Tomorrow I think) JOC (James O'Connor) is supposed to be present and so is Sharpie.
Is that going to be a little awkward or did sharpie know that the potential meeting will not happen?

I assumed that Sharpies' comments were sanctioned by Link et al and were the shots across the bow to position the suspension that was coming

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
In light of Sharpie and Horwill's comments, it'll be interesting to see how the Wallabies come together as a team in their next JOC (James O'Connor)-less game.

I rekon they'll play for eachother like men possessed. They'll go close SA and win a brutal, close contest Argentina.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
i hope this will bring the team together. i'd like to think a number of senior players who have been waiting for this for some time will now bring it in tight and get the team to absolutely smash out a performance to cement the renewed focus on culture and performance over personality and talent.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hi All,
long time reader, first time poster, love the site. JOC (James O'Connor) has for too long been the poster boy for the ARU & they have invested countless hours & dollars into his development in hope of getting something in return in the form of sponsorship dollars or punters through the gates. All this has clouded their judgement or even worse, blinded them completely to his many indiscretions. Long story short, not worth the headaches.

Welcome rams, always good to have another Tahs supporter on the forum.
I think it is more that JOC (James O'Connor) has become blinded to his own indiscretions than the ARU, I also think that both the Force and the Rebels were very much reliant on JOC (James O'Connor) to help them pull crowds that they gave him extra leniency. Then Dingo backed him at 10 despite having barely played 10 or in the centers in Super Rugby in the last 3 years, he invested too much in JOC (James O'Connor) and couldn't afford to discipline him after already giving Cooper the permanent cold shoulder.
Basically no one had the balls to stand him down, even when the writing on the wall was there years ago. Could you have seen any of these incidents occurring had JOC (James O'Connor) been stood down from the RWC after missing the team announcement? We might have even been saved from seeing this atrocity:
tumblr_lrpimqwCVB1qcnqr9o1_500.jpg

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Well, looking at the Rugby Heaven website this morning, there are no fewer than five articles criticising JOC (James O'Connor) from the last day or two, including three opinion pieces and two looking the consequences of his behaviour. I confess I felt the first twinge of sympathy for him - which I quickly subdued. The press have had nothing to write about over the past week but this - he really should have done it a couple of days before a game, so there'd be something else for the journos to talk about.

And where was Peter Betham when he received the call-up? Bali. Gotta chuckle at that.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
fatprop, when you created this thread, did you have some inside knowledge that he was going to miss a flight to Safferland as well as the delay flying to Bali, or is it just a coincidence that as a consequence of missing a flight to Bali, he gets to miss a whole bunch of other flights?

Status
Not open for further replies.