• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Jarryd Hayne signs with Fiji Sevens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
We'll win if we stop hearing about him ad nauseam in the press. Now for Roxy Jacenko and Jennifer Aniston..... :mad:

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
13882706_1438993366127376_4292929430721562357_n.jpg

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
League Journo "So it was just about the money....?"
Hayne - "No mate, it was never about the money"

Awkward silence from media gallery....

jason08

Peter Burge (5)
So after all the fuss over this guy for the last 2 years it's finally come to the surprising end of him returning to the fishbowl sport of mungoball. Smh

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The Titans game sold out yesterday. Admittedly it was against the Warriors, and there are a lot of Fleewees living on the Goldie.

Nevertheless, they probably drew an extra 10,000 spectators.

Plus of course they are getting huge media interest.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
The Titans game sold out yesterday. Admittedly it was against the Warriors, and there are a lot of Fleewees living on the Goldie.

Nevertheless, they probably drew an extra 10,000 spectators.

Plus of course they are getting huge media interest.

Your 10K is about right, their CEO was quoted as saying that prior to signing Hayne they'd budgeted on getting ~15K as that's the usual v Warriors. Looked like there were at least as many Warriors as Titans jerseys in the crowd, too.

Hayne actually played pretty damn good too.

Yeah, huge try-saving tackle & some nice touches on attack plus almost pulled off an intercept a coupla times, league is clearly his game so good luck to him.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
There was a guy in the crowd wearing a Chiefs Jersey.
Reaffirming my suspicion that if there is a crowd, even if it was a Papal mass, somewhere in that crowd someone would be wearing a Chiefs Jersey.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Gave away an intercept on the other side of the ledger?

True, but that's the nature of the game & of Hayne, he's always gonna try the 50/50's & sometimes they ain't gonna work. Plus by then the were in full catch-up mode so probably worth having a crack.

There was a guy in the crowd wearing a Chiefs Jersey.
Reaffirming my suspicion that if there is a crowd, even if it was a Papal mass, somewhere in that crowd someone would be wearing a Chiefs Jersey.

And sucking on a bottle of the beer-substitute known as Waikato Draught (only known use: soaking the onions to make them go sweet & sticky on the BBQ) :)

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
And sucking on a bottle of the beer-substitute known as Waikato Draught (only known use: soaking the onions to make them go sweet & sticky on the BBQ) :)
God, you guys are tough - it's not that bad. And I am saying this as a bloke who is on record as a connoisseur of fine beers such as Tooheys New. I even purchased a 12 can pack of Rheineck as recently as 3 months ago and I am enjoying the second can as we speak.

Coincidentally, it seems Rheineck is also concocted by the same food technologists who have brought us the wonders of Waikato Draught. Proof that one can always strive to improve.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^^ TBF Waikato's probably more palatable than Lion Brown but Rheineck? Didn't know they still made the stuff, next you'll be waxing lyrical about Leopard Lager & it's evil bro Hawkes Bay Draught (not sure if they still exist but Jesus they were foul). There are many fine beers in NZ but how many are DB or Lion Nathan responsible for? Speights & Monteiths about covers it, Macs having gone downhill since the McCashins sold it (but their new venture Stoke is worth a sample).

Status
Not open for further replies.